Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, February 21 to Sunday, February 25, 2018.
Also in February 2018
Happening This Week
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
Wednesday, February 21, 2018
- Wine Down Wednesday at The Dunlavy | No Cover – Enjoy specialty priced boutique wines, cocktails, and bar bites at happy hour prices at The Dunlavy. 2pm to 8pm.
- Kickoff 2 Cook-Off Houston Press Concert Series at Irish Cowboy | No Cover – Irish Cowboy presents their Kick Off 2 Cook-Off and Houston Press Concert Series with a tribute to George Strait featuring Derek Spence and The Southern Country Line. There will be Rodeo Cook-Off ticket giveaways, complimentary BBQ, and drink specials all night long. 3pm to 9pm.
- Bingo Night at Cactus Cove | No Cover – The Cactus Cove Bar & Grill hosts a fun night of bingo and booze every Wednesday. 7pm to 10pm.
- Bel Inizio Bingo at The Phoenix on Westheimer – Bel Inizio, an organization that helps women train for and complete a 5K run/walk, host 6 games of bingo with prizes and raffles at The Phoenix on Westheimer. Tickets are $25 in advance; $30 at the door. 7pm to 10pm.
- Lara Hope & The Ark-Tones at The Continental Club – Rockabilly and country band Lara Hope & The Ark-Tones perform at The Continental Club on Mid Main. Cover charge at the door. 8pm to 11pm.
- $2 Bill Comedy Show at The Secret Group – Laugh it up for only $2 at this comedy show at The Secret Group. There will be complimentary chips and salsa provided by El Real. $2 cover charge. 8pm.
- Xavier Wulf in Concert at Warehouse Live – Hip-hop artist from Memphis, Xavier Wulf takes the stage at Warehouse Live for his East Memphis Manic Tour. Tickets are $25; $50 for VIP. 8pm.
Thursday, February 22, 2018
- Happy Hour Thursdays at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston | No Cover – Bring your friends to a museum-style happy hour and enjoy the exhibitions, bites from food trucks, and specialty cocktails at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. Drinks will be for sale by credit card at the bar. 5pm to 8pm.
- ReelMusic: An All Inclusive Jazz & Blues Jam Session | No Cover – The ReelAbilities Film Festival presents an all-inclusive jazz and blues music session at White Oak Music Hall, hosted by Dee Dee Dochen. Professional jazz and blues musicians will invite musicians with disabilities to jam with the band on stage. 5pm to 8pm.
- Hayes Carll in Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – Catch the Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter Hayes Carll at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck. Tickets for this event are now sold out. 7pm.
- Thursday Pop-Up with Chef Arash Kharat at Glitter Karaoke | No Cover – Chef Arash Kharat of Beaver’s Westheimer is hosting a pop-up with a specialty menu at Glitter Karaoke. Food and drinks are on you. 8pm.
- French Horn Rebellion in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Dancey pop band French Horn Rebellion performs at their YouTooCanWoo concert featuring local acts at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets range from $12 to $16. 8pm.
- Poison Pen Reading Series at Poison Girl | No Cover – Enjoy a live reading from three writers for the Poison Pen Reading Series at Poison Girl every the last Thursday of each month. 8:30pm.
- El Danzón DJ Night at The Dive | No Cover – The El Danzón DJ Night will feature cumbia music and Latin classics on vinyl at The Dive. Special guest DJ is Felipe Galvan from Los Skarnales. 9pm.
- Cook-Off After Party featuring Two Tons of Steel in Concert at Goode Company Armadillo Palace – Celebrate the start of Rodeo season with a concert from Two Tons of Steel at Good Company Armadillo Palace. Tickets are $20. 11pm.
Friday, February 23, 2018
- Mercy Me in Concert at Smart Financial Centre – Catch a performance from Christian band Mercy Me at Smart Financial Centre at Sugar Land. Tenth Avenue North opens the show. Tickets start at $48.50. 7:30pm.
- The Fab 5 in Concert at Spjst Lodge 88 | No Cover – Roll Up for a Magical Mystery Tour through the ’60s and beyond with the timeless hits of The Beatles played by the The Fab 5. 8pm to 11:30pm.
- Reggie and the Full Effect in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Catch the rock band, Reggie and the Full Effect hits the stage at White Oak Music Hall with openers King Finn and Carter. Tickets are $14 in advance; $16 at the door. 8pm.
- Skyline Rooftop Party: Salsa & Bachata Social Mixer at Henke & Pillot – The Latin Dance Factory hosts a Skyline Rooftop Party at Henke & Pillot. Dress up, learn, have fun, and shake your hips to some Salsa, Bachata, and Latin beats through the night. Tickets range from $10 to $15. 8pm.
- Cook-Off After Party featuring Dale Watson in Concert at Goode Company Armadillo Palace – Head to Goode Company Armadillo Palace to see the Austin-based honky-tonker, Dale Watson. Tickets are $20. 11:30pm.
Saturday, February 24, 2018
- Houston Creole Mardi Gras Festival at Budweiser Brewery – Celebrate Creole culture at this Mardi Gras festival at the Budweiser Brewery off of I-10. Tickets are $10; $7 for children ages 12 and above; free for children under 12. Noon to 7pm.
- Kevin Griffin in Concert at House of Blues – Singer-songwriter Kevin Griffin of the band Better Than Ezra performs at House of Blues. Tickets are $25. 7pm.
- Dancing with the Stars: Live! at Smart Financial Centre – Let the dancers from the TV show Dancing with the Stars dazzle you at the Smart Financial Centre in Sugar Land. Tickets start at $55. 7:30pm.
- The Woggles in Concert at The Continental Club – Garage rock legends from the ’60s, The Woggles perform at The Continental Club with openers The Ugly Beats. Cover charge at the door. 8pm.
- 90’s Night At The Concert Pub North | No Cover – The Rachel Rose Band performs all of your favorite hits from the ’90s at the Concert Pub North. 9pm.
- Brown Sugar: DJ Gracie Chavez at House of Blues | No Cover – Indulge in some R&B jams with DJ Gracie Chavez and special guest DJs on the decks in the Foundation Room at House of Blues. 10pm.
- WepaTX at Axelrad | No Cover – WepaTX is a pop-up Latin dance party where you can get down to some Spanish Trap, Baile Funk, Sandungueo and new music blended with classic tracks and today’s hits at Axelrad. 10pm.
- The Late Show: Bathtub Full of Gin at Prohibition Supperclub – Step into the Roaring 20s, when skirts were short and booze was a secret pleasure. Bathtub Full of Gin is Terrible Enfant’s Theatre Company’s new spectacular immersive dance party series, where evocative theatre performances combine with high energy electro swing music. Tickets are $20 for standing; $35 for seated, but limited, discounted $10 standing tickets are available for most shows. 11:30pm.
Sunday, February 25, 2018
- Rodeo Kick-Off Yoga+Hops at Eureka Heights Brewing Co – Yoga&Hops hosts a yoga with plenty of Rodeo-themed activities planned afterward at Eureka Heights Brewing Co. You must register for this class. 11am to 2pm.
- Vinyasa & Vino at Camerata at Paulie’s – Camerata hosts yoga teacher Nicole Peralta for an all-levels vinyasa practice ending with a mindfulness-based tasting of three different wines hand-selected by their wine director, Chris Poldoian. Tickets are $30. Noon to 2:30pm.
- Sunday Funday Karaoke at JR’s Houston | No Cover – Enjoy a patio DJ, karaoke, drink specials, and a drag show beginning at 11pm every Sunday at the LGBTQ venue and bar, JR’s Houston. 6pm.
- Jo Koy at Smart Financial Centre – Laugh it up when comedian Jo Koy takes the stage at Smart Financial Centre in Sugar Land for his Break the Mold Tour. Tickets start at $35. 7pm.
- Dave Mason in Concert at The Heights Theatre – Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Dave Mason performs at The Heights Theatre. Tickets start at $42. 7pm.
- Battle Station: Competitive Improv at Station Theater – Battle Station is a weekly improv competition that pits two expert improv teams against one another in a no-holds-barred, cage-match style, head to head show at Station Theater. Cover charge is pay-what-you-wish. 8:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).