Make the most of your week with our top 15 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, February 12 to Sunday, February 18, 2018.
Also in February 2018
Happening This Week
Ring in the Lunar New Year, celebrate Mardi Gras in Galveston, enjoy a Valentine’s cruise at Hermann Park, watch the Rockets play the Sacramento Kings, taste more than 60 types of wine at Buffalo Bayou Park, and more happening this week in Houston.
Top 15 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- ReelAbilities: Houston Film Festival at Venues Around Houston | Starts Monday, February 12 – View a variety of film screenings and events that celebrate the lives, stories, talents, and triumphs of people with mental and physical disabilities. Partake in discussions with filmmakers, professionals, parents, and subjects of the film after each screening. Most events are free. Locations and times vary.
- The 107th Celebration of Mardi Gras! Galveston | Through Tuesday, February 13 – Don your beads and decorative masks for Texas’ largest Mardi Gras celebration. During this two-week party, Galveston hosts elaborate parades, concerts, and masked balls, along with a 5K run, family events, and a newly added food truck park. Party passes, balcony tickets, and general admission tickets can be purchased online.
- Mardi Gras 2018 at Brennan’s of Houston | Tuesday, February 13 – Celebrate Fat Tuesday with palm readers, beaded necklaces, themed cocktails, and music from a live jazz band at Brennan’s New Orleans-style Mardi Gras celebration. Prices vary by dish and cocktail. 5:45pm to 7:45pm.
- Valentine’s Day Events Around Houston | Valentine’s Day, Wednesday, February 14 – Feel the love on a pedal boat cruise at Hermann Park, get creative at a Couples Painting Party at Southern Star Brewery, experience a jazz concert from Raquel Cepeda at The MATCH, or enjoy a nice dinner out at your favorite restaurant this Valentine’s Day. Prices, times, and locations vary.
- Pedro the Lion, Marie, and Lepanto in Concert at Rockefeller’s | Valentine’s Day, Wednesday, February 14 – Mix up your Valentine’s date plans with a memorable concert from Pedro the Lion, who popularized in the early 2000s for their controversial songs about religion and politics. Don’t miss the indie rock band’s first country-wide tour since the band broke up in 2006. Tickets start at $20, but you may find better or cheaper tickets on the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. 7pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Sacramento Kings at Toyota Center | Valentine’s Day, Wednesday, February 14 – Cheer loud for the Rockets when they hit the court to play the Heat at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $20, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- Houston Cougars vs. Cincinnati Bearcats basketball at TSU Health & Physical Education Arena | Thursday, February 15 – The highly-ranked men’s basketball team from the University of Cincinnati will travel to Houston to play the Cougars for this in-conference game. Tickets start at $5, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 6pm.
- G. Love & Special Sauce in Concert at White Oak Music Hall | Thursday, February 15 – Help G. Love & Special Sauce celebrate their 25th anniversary by jamming along to songs like “Baby’s Got Sauce” at White Oak Music Hall. $27.50. 7pm.
- Lunar New Year 2018 Celebrations Around Houston | Starts Friday, February 16 – Bring in the Year of the Dog with performances, lion dances, martial arts demonstrations, food, and fireworks at events like the Viet Hoa Center’s annual celebration, The Texas Lunar Festival, and festival at the Chinese Community Center. Prices, times, and locations vary.
- Marc Anthony in Concert at Toyota Center | Friday, February 16 – Catch Puerto Rican superstar and best-selling salsa artist Marc Anthony as he hits the stage at Toyota Center. The show, rescheduled from October 2017, is sure to be a memorable night of Latin song and dance. Tickets start at $55, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. 8pm.
- Wine on the Green at The Water Works at Buffalo Bayou Park | Saturday, February 17 – Taste more than 60 local and international wines with light bites from Houston chefs during Wine on the Green at Water Works Park. All participants will receive a souvenir glass, unlimited wine and food samples, access to the spirit lounge, and entertainment. $40. 3pm to 5pm.
- Kiss Alike (KISS) and To Tame a Land (Iron Maiden) in Concert at Acadia Bar & Grill | Saturday, February 17 – Fulfill your love of ‘80s hair bands and heavy metal as two cover bands pay tribute to some of the greatest at Acadia Bar & Grill. Tickets start at $12. 8pm.
- Houston Roller Derby at Revention Music Center | Saturday, February 17 – Don’t miss the start of Houston Roller Derby’s 13th season at Revention Music Center. First, catch The Bayou City Bosses take on Valkyries, then catch the Psych Ward Sirens pit against the Brawlers. Tickets start at $15. 7pm.
- ChickensU Backyard Pitmaster Class at Southern Star Brewing Company | Sunday, February 18 – Learn first-hand the unbelievable myths and history of chicken as well as Texas pits, types of recipes, different approaches, trimming techniques, cutting and serving the perfect barbeque chicken and more at Southern Star Brewery. Tickets are $74. 11am to 2pm.
- We Love Houston – On Bikes! at Memorial Park | Sunday, February 18 | FREE – Bike over to Memorial Park Rugby Field to join a guided tour around Houston, stopping at iconic sites like the “We Love Houston” sculpture, Love Park, and other trails along the bayou. 1:30pm to 4pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).