Make the most of your week with our top 10 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, February 12 to Sunday, February 18, 2018.
Also in February 2018
Happening This Week
Top 10 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Mardi Gras Celebration and Parade at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Tuesday, February 13 – Celebrate Mardi Gras with crafty activities, a juggler, king cake, beignets from Lou Lou’s Beignets, and a parade at The Woodlands Children’s Museum. Included with general admission. 10:45am.
- Children’s Story Hour at Hermann Park | Friday, February 16 | FREE – Bring your little ones to listen to a story every Friday morning in the McGovern Centennial Garden’s Family Garden. After the reading, children are invited to participate in a fun activity. 10am to 11am.
- Cinderella Movie Screening at Memorial City | Friday, February 16 | FREE – Bring your lawn chair or a blanket and enjoy complimentary popcorn while you watch the live action version of Disney’s Cinderella on the big screen at Memorial City. 7pm to 9pm.
- Diva Dash 5k at Pearland Town Center | Saturday, February 17 – Join the Pearland community for the Diva Dash 5K & Lil’ Princess Girls Run at the Pearland Town Center. Tickets range from $10 to $40. 8am.
- 2018 Lunar New Year Festival at Chinese Community Center | Saturday, February 17 | FREE – Featuring musical and dance performances from local groups, vendors offering art, games, food, prizes, and hands-on activities for children and raffles with high dollar amount prizes, this free cultural festival is the perfect way to ring in the year of the dog. 10am to 4pm.
- Naturally Wild Families: Geocaching at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center | Saturday, February 17 – In this geocaching class, you’ll learn the basic terminology and how to use a GPS in a short introduction and then set out to look for geocaches around the Houston Arboretum. Tickets are $25 for members and $50 for nonmembers per family. 10am to noon.
- Cathay Bank Family Day: Lunar New Year at Asia Society | Saturday, February 17 | FREE – Join the Asia Society Texas Center in welcoming the Year of the Dog with performances, art, and craft activities, and food inspired by Lunar New Year traditions across Asia. Noon to 4pm.
- 4th Annual Mardi Gras on Main in La Porte | Saturday, February 17 | FREE – Make your way to the 4th Annual Mardi Gras on Main, a free, family-friendly street festival at Five Points Park in La Porte by the Bay. No cover; VIP ticket packages for drinks start at $40; $45 at the door. 4pm to 9pm.
- Wiener Dog Races at Sam Houston Race Park | Saturday, February 17 – Bring your four-legged friend to see the 2018 Wiener Dog Races at Sam Houston Race Park. Tickets are $7; $4 for children ages 4 to 12 and seniors ages 62 and up; free for children under 4. 6pm to 9pm.
- Family Days at Bayou Bend Collection & Gardens | Sunday, February 18 | FREE – The Bayou Bend Collection & Gardens host their Family Days where you can enjoy workshops, live entertainment, guided tours, crafts and more on selected third Sundays. Each event will be a different theme. 1pm to 5pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).