Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, February 14 to Sunday, February 18, 2018.
Also in February 2018
Happening This Week
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
Valentine’s Day, Wednesday, February 14, 2018
- Valentine’s Day Movie Night at The Dunlavy | No Cover – Sip on a happy hour-priced cocktail and watch a romantic movie in The Dunlavy’s chandelier-lit room. Cast your vote to choose between The Notebook, Valentine’s Day, and Sleepless in Seattle. 2pm to 8pm.
- Valentine’s Day at Anvil Bar & Refuge – Anvil Bar & Refuge will be blacking out their windows, lighting candles, and setting the romantic mood for Valentine’s Day evening. The purchase of this reservation gets you a glass of champagne, 2 cocktails from their Valentine’s Day menu, and a pour of a rare spirit from the bar cart. $75 per person. They will be taking bar top reservations at 4pm, 5:30pm, 7pm, 8:30pm, and 10pm.
- 2nd Annual Galentine’s Day Celebration at Hop Meet Barley | No Cover – Celebrate Valentine’s Day with your girls at the 2nd Annual Galentine’s Day event at Hop Meet Barley. Shop from local vendors, enter a raffle, and join the ladies for Real Ale and Dogfish Head beer on draft. 6pm to 10pm.
- Joe Ely: Valentine’s Day Dinner and Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – Bring your partner over to McGonigel’s Mucky Duck for a special concert from Texas country rocker, Joe Ely along with a Valentine’s Day dinner. Tickets are $95 in advance; $100 at the door. 7pm.
- Valentine’s Day: Couples Painting Party at Southern Star Brewing Company – Buy the Glass Wine Bar & Lounge in Spring hosts a romantic evening of live jazz music, dinner, and wine for Valentine’s Day. Tickets are $30 per person. 7pm to 9pm.
- Stupid Cupid Shot at Love Party at La Grange – Make your way to La Grange and jump into the “Shoot Your Shot” dating game to see if you can find true love on Valentine’s Day. There will also be photo ops and swag. Tickets are $20 in advance; $30 at the door. 7pm.
- Pedro the Lion in Concert at Rockefellers – Catch the indie rock band led by David Bazan, Pedro the Lion at Rockefellers in The Heights. 7pm.
- Galentine’s & Valentine’s Day Trivia at Under the Radar Brewery | No Cover – Under the Radar Brewery dedicates this trivia night to The Office and Parks and Rec Valentine’s Day episodes only. There will be prizes for winning trivia team, best team name, and best-themed costume. 7pm to 10pm.
- Second Wednesday Trivia: Friends at Around the Corner | No Cover – Grab your “lobster” and spend your Valentine’s Day testing your knowledge of the sitcom, Friends, at Around the Corner. There will be specials on Saint Arnold’s beer, food, and prizes. 7pm to 10pm.
Thursday, February 15, 2018
- Happy Hour Thursdays at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston | No Cover – Bring your friends to a museum-style happy hour and enjoy the exhibitions, bites from food trucks, and specialty cocktails at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. Drinks will be for sale by credit card at the bar. 5pm to 8pm.
- Singles Night at Mo’s Irish Pub Cypress | No Cover – Celebrate National Singles Day with flirty games, live music, and drink specials at Mo’s Irish Pub in Cypress. 6pm.
- G. Love & Special Sauce in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Coming through Houston with their special blend of “Streetside Blues” and hip-hop, G. Love & Special Sauce celebrate their 25th anniversary with a stop at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets start at $27.50; VIP passes are available for $97 and include a pre-show performance and Q&A opportunity. 7pm.
- G-Eazy in Concert at Smart Financial Centre – Multi-platinum rapper and producer G-Eazy comes to the Smart Financial Centre in Sugar Land for The Beautiful & Damned Tour. Trippie Redd and Phora open the show. Tickets start at $39.50. 8pm.
- Country Music Trivia at Stats Sportsbar | No Cover – Show off what you know about country music, past and present, at Stats Sportsbar. 1st place will be taking home a $200 cash prize. 8pm.
- Thursday Talent Night at Pearl Bar | No Cover – Pearl Bar and DJ Tina host an open mic talent night where you can compete to win a $100 cash prize or a $50 bar tab. 9pm.
- Nothing Matters Emo Night at The Secret Group | No Cover – Dance to all of your favorite emo, punk, and indie songs at the Nothing Matters night at The Secret Group. 9pm.
- ¡Sabrosa! Soundsystem at Axelrad | No Cover – A Fistful of Soul presents ¡Sabrosa! Soundsystem, a monthly DJ night featuring vintage latin and tropical rhythms on vinyl at Axelrad. 10pm.
Friday, February 16, 2018
- Naughty or Nice Party at Howl at the Moon | No cover – Whether you are single or taken, the Valentine’s Day-themed Naughty or Nice Party at Howl at the Moon will have something for everyone. Have a drink, socialize, dance to live music, and enter to win a Happy Hour party. 7pm.
- Marvin Gaye Night Light Vibe at 3rd Ward Tours – Cruise the city streets on bikes with a group of people while vibing out to songs by Marvin Gaye. Tickets range from $10 to $22. 7pm to 9pm.
- Puddle of Mud in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Rock out to songs like “She Hates Me” when Puddle of Mudd takes the stage at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets range from $15 to $22. 7pm to 10pm.
- BluMoon in Concert at Axelrad | No Cover – The alternative R&B band from San Marcos, TX, BluMoon plays at Axelrad with openers Reservoir Dogs and Topanga. 7pm.
- Marc Anthony in Concert at Toyota Center – Puerto Rican superstar and best selling salsa artist, Marc Anthony, hits the stage at Toyota Center. Tickets range from $55 to $175. 8pm.
- The Sweet Spot: Burlesque, Variety Show at Warehouse Live – This Valentine’s Day, dress to the nines and come celebrate the sexy side of life at the Suit & Tie edition of pop-erotica variety show The Sweet Spot at Warehouse Live. Tickets start at $20, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $10. 8pm.
- Waxahatchee in Concert at Rockefellers – See the pop-rock band, Waxahatchee perform at Rockefellers in the Heights. Tickets are $16 in advance;$18 the day of the show. 8pm.
- A Fistful of Soul at The Continental Club | No Cover – Bust a move at Houston’s monthly ’60s soul and rhythm & blues dance party at The Continental Club in Mid Main. 10pm.
- Cedric Gervais at Clé Houston – DJ and producer Cedric Gervais spins his remixes of today’s top 40 music at the Clé Houston lounge in Midtown. Tickets are $10. 10pm.
Saturday, February 17, 2018
- Saint Arnold White Oak Pub Crawl | No Cover – The Saint Arnold Pub Crawl heads to White Oak and participating locations include Fitzgerald’s, Christian’s Tailgate, Little Woodrow’s and more. Start at any of the first five stops between 2pm and 3pm to get your ticket. After that hit the rest of the stops in any order before 6pm and gather at the final stop, Onion Creek. 2pm to 6pm.
- 5th Anniversary Celebration at OKRA Charity Saloon | No Cover – The OKRA Charity Saloon turns 5 and to celebrate they will have all day drink specials, confetti cannons, homemade tamales, an awesome playlist, and t-shirts. Proceeds will go to the winner of February’s vote, the Houston Ballet. 4pm.
- Opening Reception: The Other Border Wall at Flatland Gallery | No Cover – JM Design Studio, a collective of three independent artists and designers from Pittsburgh, has their opening reception for the art exhibit, The Other Border Wall at Flatland Gallery. 6pm to 9pm.
- Marty Stuart and his Fabulous Superlatives in Concert at The Heights Theater – Check out the five-time Grammy-winner Marty Stuart and his Fabulous Superlatives at The Heights Theater. Tickets range from $32 to $75. 7pm.
- ComedySportz Match Improv Show at CSz Arena – Two teams battle for laughs and points as they make up scenes, games, and songs on the spot with audience participation and suggestions incorporated into the act. With the help of a referee, the audience will generate suggestions for improv games and determine the winner. Fast, fun, and interactive, no two shows are alike. Tickets are $20, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $10. 8pm.
- Caribbean Hits Midtown: Traffic Light Party at Fox Hollow – The Caribbean Hits Midtown party comes to Fox Hollow for Valentine’s Day Weekend for the 2nd Annual Traffic Light Party. Wear red to let people know you’re taken, yellow for “it’s complicated” and green if you are single and enjoy salsa lessons, DJs, comedic performances and more. Tickets range from $10 to $100. 8pm.
- The Mighty Orq in Concert at Goode Company Armadillo Palace – Catch a performance from Houston native, The Mighty Ork at the Goode Company Armadillo Palace’s stage. Tickets in advance start at $8. 9pm.
- The Late Show: Bathtub Full of Gin at Prohibition Supperclub – Step into the Roaring 20s, when skirts were short and booze was a secret pleasure. Bathtub Full of Gin is Terrible Enfant’s Theatre Company’s new spectacular immersive dance party series, where evocative theatre performances combine with high energy electro swing music. Tickets are $20 for standing; $35 for seated, but limited, discounted $10 standing tickets are available for most shows. 11:30pm.
Sunday, February 18, 2018
- Rodeo Clown Round Up at Karbach Brewing Co. – Kick off Rodeo season with the Karbach Rodeo Clown Round Up. Start things off with a morning 5K/10K, then indulge during the BBQ cook-off. Then enjoy some beer and country music with headliner Stoney LaRue and more on the Karbach stage. Tickets range from $15 to $75. All day.
- Go Suck Yourself: An All You Can Eat Crawfish Boil at West Alabama Ice House – Head to the West Alabama Ice House for ice cold beer and an all you can eat crawfish boil. Tickets are $25 in advance; $30 at the door. 2pm to 8pm.
- Night Out: ROCO + Brennan’s – Enjoy a night of music and dinner in style as the River Oaks Chamber Orchestra and Brennan’s partner up for a Night Out. Tickets for the show and dinner package are $80. 5pm.
- Slaves in Concert at The Secret Group – Catch a performance from the punk duo, Slaves along with openers Ghost Town, Dayshell, Kyle Lucas, and Mirror Lake at The Secret Group. Tickets start at $15. 7pm.
- Battle Station: Competitive Improv at Station Theater – Battle Station is a weekly improv competition that pits two expert improv teams against one another in a no-holds-barred, cage-match style, head to head show at Station Theater. Cover charge is pay-what-you-wish. 8:30pm.
- Eric Prydz at Stereo Live Houston – DJ and producer Eric Prydz spins remixes and dance music at the Stereo Live nightclub. Tickets are $30. 10pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).