Drop the schmaltz this Valentine’s Day and take your friends or just yourself to one of these spirited Anti-Valentine’s Day parties around Houston in February 2018.
Whether you’re single, counter-cultural or just not in the mood, there are plenty of events around Houston on Valentine’s night to celebrate your singledom or just have a good time with your friends – singles and couples alike.
We can assure you that there will still be people gathering to mix and mingle in Midtown and Rice Village, as well as on Main Street, Washington Avenue, and White Oak. But if you really want to revel in sticking it to the whole notion of Valentine’s Day, these Houston events are here to help.
Anti-Valentine’s Day Events Around Houston
Friday, February 9, 2018
- We Love Houston Art Show & Singles Bash at RockStar Gallery – Mix, mingle, and maybe find a match before Valentine’s Day at this pop-up event with light bites, brews from Saint Arnold, margaritas, palm readings, ice breaker games, massage therapy, and more. $15, but 365 Houston readers can get tickets for $8 with promocode Houston365. 7pm to 10pm.
- It’s Not Me, It’s You: Anti-Valentines Art Show at Insomnia Gallery | No Cover – Stay away from the mushy stuff this Valentine’s Day at the opening reception of It’s Not Me, It’s You, an art show that will feature 30+ local artists and photographers at Insomnia Gallery. 7pm to 11pm.
Saturday, February 10, 2018
- 2018 Cupid’s Crawl Pub Run at Kung Fu Saloon – Whether you’re taken or single, have a little fun running up and down Washington Avenue at the 2018 Cupid’s Crawl Pub Run. The race route includes Kung Fu Saloon, NettBar, Underdogs Sports Pub, Porch Swing Pub, and Fuego’s Saloon. Online registration is $45 now but will increase to $50 on the day of. Noon to 5pm.
Valentine’s Day, Wednesday, February 14, 2018
- Anti-Valentine’s Day at Grimaldi’s – If you’re not in a relationship this year, grab a friend or two and make a night of it this Valentine’s Day at Grimaldi’s pizzeria. They will be offering a pairing of a Bruschetta Trio or a small Antipasto platter with a bottle of wine for $25. This deal is available all evening at all of their five locations (The Woodlands, Sugar Land, Cinco Ranch, CITYCENTRE, and Baybrook). 4pm to 10pm.
- 2nd Annual Galentine’s Day Celebration at Hops Meet Barley – Celebrate Valentine’s Day with the girls at the 2nd Annual Galentine’s Day event at Hops Meet Barley. Shop from local vendors, enter a raffle, and join the ladies of Real Ale and Dogfish Head for a beer on draft. 6pm to 10pm.
- Stupid Cupid Shot at Love Party at La Grange – Make your way to La Grange and jump into the “Shoot Your Shot” dating game to see if you can find true love on Valentine’s Day. There will also be plenty of photo ops and swag. Tickets are $20 in advance; $30 at the door. 7pm.
- February Wine Dinner at The Barking Pig – The Barking Pig in The Heights welcomes all, singles and couples, for their monthly dinner featuring a 4-course meal paired with 4 different wines. 7pm.
- Valentine’s Day Singles Mixer at The Gite Gallery – Mingle with mature and professional singles while enjoying beautiful art at The Gite Gallery. There will be food, drinks, prizes, and fun activities all night. Tickets are $10 in advance and $15 at the door. 7pm to 10pm.
- Single Awareness Party at Bareback Bar and Icehouse – The Bareback Bar and Icehouse in Spring host their annual Single Awareness Party for everyone who’s single and proud on Valentine’s Day. There will be live music from Blacktop Mojo as well as prizes and drink specials all night long. 8pm to 11pm.
- Anti-Valentine’s Day Drag Show at Black Hole Coffee House | No Cover – Head to Black Hole Coffee House for their Anti-Valentine’s Day Show featuring fierce performances by local drag queens Ms.Mykie and Onid and hosted by Luna of the Lilies. There will be games, prizes, and even a kissing booth for you to get lucky. 8pm to 11pm.
- Naughty or Nice Party at Howl at the Moon | No Cover – Whether you are single or taken, the Valentine’s Day-themed Naughty or Nice Party at Howl at the Moon will have something for everyone. Have a drink, socialize, dance to live music, and enter to win a Happy Hour party. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).