Make the most of your week with our top 10 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, February 5 to Sunday, February 11, 2018.
Also in February 2018
Happening This Week
Top 10 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Zoo Sprouts: Giant Giraffes at the Houston Zoo | Thursday, February 8 and Saturday, February 10 – Bring the kiddos to Zoo Sprouts, an educational program to discover the Zoo and its amazing animals. This week they will explore giraffes. This program is for ages 18 to 23 months. You must register for this class. 9:30am to 10:30am both days.
- Children’s Story Hour at Hermann Park | Friday, February 9 | FREE – Bring your little ones to listen to a story every Friday morning in the McGovern Centennial Garden’s Family Garden. After the reading, children are invited to participate in a fun activity. 10am to 11am.
- The Lego Ninjago Movie Screening at Memorial City | Friday, February 9 | FREE – Bring your lawn chair or a blanket and enjoy complimentary popcorn while you watch The Lego Ninjago Movie on the big screen at Memorial City. 7pm to 9pm.
- Mardi Gras in the Park at Mandell Park | Saturday, February 10 | FREE – Kids and adults alike can enjoy this Mardi Gras-style party featuring king cake, beads, and even a parade at Mandell Park. Costumes are encouraged. 10am.
- Chinese New Year Celebration at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Saturday, February 10 – Enjoy live performances from the Houston Lion Kings from The Woodlands Chinese Cultural Center as well as hands-on activities at the Chinese New Year Celebration. Included with general admission. 10am to 2pm.
- Young Writers Workshop at Discovery Green | Saturday, February 10 | FREE – Writers in the Schools and the Houston Public Library Express offer a free writing workshop for students in 2nd through 8th grade at Discovery Green park. Limited to 25 students per workshop. 10:30am to 11:30am.
- 2018 Rodeo In the Park | Saturday, February 10 | FREE – Round up your young cowboys and cowgirls for some free rodeo fun and treats as the Houston General Go Texan Committee of the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo host the 2018 Rodeo In the Park at the Kelsey-Seybold Clinic Main Campus. 11am to 3pm.
- Monster Jam at NRG Stadium | Saturday, February 10 and Sunday, February 11 – Watch the high-flying, eardrum-rattling action of these gargantuan trucks at the Monster Jam at NRG Stadium. Tickets range from $15 to over $180, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale market. 7pm on Saturday; 3pm on Sunday.
- SPA presents The Magic of Adam Trent | Saturday, February 10 – The Magic of Adam Trent is an immersive entertainment extravaganza of magic, comedy, and music perfect for the entire family. Tickets range from $39 to $95, but limited discounted tickets starting at $19.50 are available. There will be a performance at 5:30pm and 8:30pm.
- Holes at The MATCH | Sunday, February 11 – Stanley Yelnats has been unfairly sent to a boys’ detention center, Camp Green Lake, where the kids spend all day digging holes exactly five feet wide and five feet deep. Soon Stanley realizes that there might be more to these holes than meets the eye. Watch the story of Holes unfold at The MATCH in Midtown. Tickets are available at the box office. 2:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).