Each week, our My Top 5 series showcases Houstonians that shape, share, and shake up the city, and reveals their own Houston favorites. This week, we’re pleased to highlight social influencer Madison Payne, former Miss Texas Houston, Instagram personality, and a general go-to advocate for all things Houston.
My Top 5 Things to Do in Houston
by Madison Payne
- Astros Game on Dollar Dog Night – Of course the whole city of Houston loves our new World Champs and would be happy to catch any game. But let me tell you, Wednesdays are the night to go. Grab yourself a hotdog for a buck (or if you’re like me, splurge and get yourself two)! Fun Fact: I actually used to work for the Astros! I would run around the field as one of the astronaut mascots.
- Exploring the Museum District – the Museum District is debatably my favorite part of town. I love checking out the exhibits at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, Houston Museum of Natural Science, running at Hermann Park, or—on a particularly pretty day—going to the Houston Zoo.
- Chowing down on Tex Mex – There are very few things I love as much as queso and a good margarita. I like to stick to the original Houston staples when it comes to my Mexican food, places like Ninfa’s on Navigation, El Tiempo Cantina on Washington, and Los Tios on Beechnut.
- Brunchin’ – Houston doesn’t mess around when it comes to a good brunch. Getting together for mimosas and greasy foods is the only way to spend a Saturday. Some of my favorites are State Fare Kitchen & Bar, Snooze, Bosscat Kitchen + Libations, and The Breakfast Klub (I’m a sucker for those chicken and waffles).
- Tuesday Nights at Houston’s First – I never miss a Tuesday night service at Houston’s First Baptist Church. I love how diverse our city is and no matter how you choose to worship or what your faith, Houston has you covered.