Make your plans now for the most popular date night of the year, Valentine’s Day, Wednesday, February 14, 2018 and beyond.
Also in February 2018
Happening This Week
Whether you want to take your love out for dinner, shake things up with a beer and cheese pairing or stay in and add a box of chocolates to your low-key plans, we’ve created a list of our favorites happening the week of Valentine’s Day 2018.
With the official holiday happening smack dab in the middle of the week, there are Valentine’s Day-themed events and dinners starting as early as Saturday, February 10 and continuing through the big day itself and beyond.
And, if you’re rocking it solo, be sure to check out our list of Anti-Valentine’s Day parties and mixers around Houston.
Valentine’s Day 2018 Dinners & Events in Houston
- Valentine’s Day Special & Live Music at Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse | Tuesday, February 13 to Thursday, February 15 – For three days, Chama Gaúcha will be festively decorated for Valentine’s Day and have live music from 7pm to midnight. Guests can choose from the special Valentine’s Day package dinner ($150) or the regular dinner pricing ($52.50). 5pm to midnight.
- Valentine’s Day at La Table Houston | Valentine’s Day, Wednesday, February 14 – For Valentine’s Day this year, La Table Houston offers a special 3-course menu featuring Colossal Lump Crab Salad, Mediterranean Sea Bass with Osetra Caviar, and Chocolate Soufflé. $125 per person. 11:30am to 10pm.
- Valentine’s Day Dinner at Hugo’s | Valentine’s Day, Wednesday, February 14 – Located in the heart of Montrose, Hugo’s specializes in Mexican cuisine. Bring your sweetie to enjoy a menu that includes Tostadas de Atún, beef tenderloin with mole, a hazelnut mandarin cake and more. $79 per person. 4pm to 10pm.
- Red Sauce Night at Public Services Wine & Whiskey | Valentine’s Day, Wednesday, February 14 –Spend your Valentine’s Day at Public Services as they serve up their favorite Italian cocktails and Justin Yu of Theodore Rex and Better Luck Tomorrow makes some tasty spaghetti & meatballs. Food and drink prices vary. 4pm.
- Valentine’s Dinner at Presidio | Valentine’s Day, Wednesday, February 14 – Presidio, a restaurant in the Heights that specializes in Southern fare, hosts a Valentine’s Day 3-course meal with an optional wine pairing. $55 per person. 4pm to 10pm.
- Valentine’s Day Romantic Pairing Dinner at Mi Luna | Valentine’s Day, Wednesday, February 14 –Bring your date over to the Mi Luna Spanish tapas restaurant in the Rice Village for a romantic Valentine’s Day 4-course Pairing Dinner. Enjoy the Latin rhythms of Niche Manrique & the Guateque Band while you dine. $75 per person. Reservations are required. 5pm to 10pm.
- Valentine’s Day at Brennan’s of Houston | Valentine’s Day, Wednesday, February 14 – Keep the romance alive this Valentine’s Day with an indulgent, three-course prix fixe dinner at Brennan’s of Houston. $75 per person. 5pm to 9pm.
- Valentine’s Day Prix-Fixe: Dinner on the French Quarter at Lucille’s | Valentine’s Day, Wednesday, February 14 – Have a New Orleans-style Valentine’s Day evening with a 3-course meal that includes grilled oysters, seared tuna, croissant bread pudding and more. There will also be a live band. $125 per person. 5pm to 10pm.
- Valentine’s Day at State of Grace | Valentine’s Day, Wednesday, February 14 – Impress your date with a four-course Valentine’s Day menu at State of Grace. Menu highlights include tuna Carpaccio, Berkshire pork cheeks with a Huitlacoche tamale and blistered shishito peppers, and a Raspberry Pink Velvet Cake with cream cheese frosting for dessert. The menu is available for $85 per person; $95 for a caviar add-on. 5pm to 10pm.
- Valentine’s Dinner & Live Music at Sambuca Houston | Valentine’s Day, Wednesday, February 14 – Valentine’s Day evening at Sambuca Houston will feature a savory 3-course meal and live music from New Orleans own Kim Prevost and the Bill Solley Band. Tickets range from $49.95 to $74.95. The seating times are at 5:30pm, 7pm, and 9pm.
- Joe Ely: Valentine’s Day Dinner and Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck | Valentine’s Day, Wednesday, February 14 – Bring your partner over to McGonigel’s Mucky Duck for a special concert from Texas country rocker, Joe Ely while enjoying a special Valentine’s Day dinner. Tickets are $95 in advance; $100 at the door. 7pm.
- Valentine’s Day Beer Dinner at City Acre Brewing Co. | Valentine’s Day, Wednesday, February 14 – Bring a date and enjoy an elegant four-course beer pairing dinner inside City Acre Manor, the Victorian-style home on the property. Tickets are $99.95 for 2 and $199.95 for 4 people. 7pm to 10pm.
- Valentine’s Weekend Couples Kayak Tour on Buffalo Bayou | Saturday, February 10 and Sunday, February 11 – In honor of Valentine’s Day, the guides of Bayou City Adventures are giving active couples a tour down the Buffalo Bayou. Learn about the history of the bayou while you enjoy having nature all around you. Tickets are $120 per couple. 11am to 2pm each day.
- 2018 Cupid’s Crawl Pub Run at Kung Fu Saloon | Saturday, February 10 – Whether you’re taken or single, have a little fun running up and down Washington Ave at the 2018 Cupid’s Crawl Pub Run. The race route includes Kung Fu Saloon, NettBar, Underdogs Sports Pub, Porch Swing Pub, and Fuego’s Saloon. Online registration is $45 now but will increase to $50 on the day of. Noon to 5pm.
- EastEndBikeRide: 4th Annual Love Ride | Saturday, February 10 | No Cover – Wear pink and red and meet at D&W Lounge for a social bike ride and visit some of the “love” murals around the city. 1pm to 6pm.
- Tapas on the Trails at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center | Saturday, February 10 – Celebrate Valentine’s Day with a softly-lit walk through the Arboretum’s nature sanctuary, pausing along the way to indulge Spanish inspired tapas-sized dishes paired with carefully chosen wine and beer. Tickets available for members and non-members range from $75 to $85. 5pm to 9pm.
- Valentine’s Edition Pop-Up at Aurora Art Studio | Sunday, February 11 | No Cover – Browse handmade soaps, jewelry, art and crafts, food items, and home decor at Aurora Art Studio’s Valentine’s Edition Pop-Up. The pop-up will feature live music and giveaways throughout the day. 11am to 5pm.
- Valentine’s Beer and Cheese Tasting at Saint Arnold Brewing Company | Sunday, February 11 – Saint Arnold Brewing Company and the Dairymaids host their Valentine’s Beer and Cheese Tasting for Valentine’s Day weekend. Try and learn about five different beers along with five different kinds of cheese. Tickets are $30 per person. 1pm to 3pm.
- Chocolate and a Dozen Roses at Little Dipper | Valentine’s Day, Wednesday, February 14 – Treat your Valentine to chocolate and roses at Little Dipper. There will be a flight of Four Roses bourbons, paired with artisan chocolates from Cacao & Cardamom. $60 per couple. 3pm.
- Valentine’s Day Dinner and Cruise at Hermann Park | Valentine’s Day, Wednesday, February 14 – Bring your sweetheart to Hermann Park on Valentine’s Day and enjoy a romantic dinner and a pedal boat ride. Each couple will also receive a pair of train tickets and a discount coupon for Pinewood Cafe for a future visit to the Park. $60 per couple. Reservation times are 5:30pm and 7pm.
- Valentine’s Day at Anvil Bar & Refuge | Valentine’s Day, Wednesday, February 14 – Anvil Bar & Refuge will be blacking out their windows, lighting candles, and setting the romantic mood for Valentine’s Day evening. The purchase of this reservation gets you a glass of champagne, 2 cocktails from their Valentine’s Day menu, and a pour of a rare spirit from the bar cart. $75 per person. They will be taking bar top reservations at 4pm, 5:30pm, 7pm, 8:30pm, and 10pm.
- Cupid Cruises on Valentine’s Day at Buffalo Bayou | Valentine’s Day, Wednesday, February 14 – Hop aboard Buffalo Bayou Partnership’s Spirit of the Bayou pontoon tour boat for a cozy cruise with your Valentine. Bubbly beverages will be provided by Barefoot Wine & Bubbly, and chocolate bites will be served during a romantic evening boat ride with views of Downtown. Tickets are $50 per person. There will be a tour at 6pm and 7:30pm.
- A Lover’s R&B Experience: Rhythms n’ Brushes at Ronin Art House | Valentine’s Day, Wednesday, February 14 – HandKrafted by MFH hosts and evening of great R&B hits, painting, and BYOB drinks, plus giveaways, games, prices, hors d’oeuvres, and a few surprises for both couples and singles. $55 for two people; open to couples, pairs of friends, and more. 7pm.
- Valentine’s Day: Couples Painting Party at Southern Star Brewing Company | Valentine’s Day, Wednesday, February 14 – Bring your sweetie over to Southern Star Brewing Company for a 3-hour painting party, 6 beers per couple and delectable Hors d’oeuvres available during the class. The painting is split on two canvases to make one masterpiece to take home with you at the end of the night. Tickets are $90 per couple. 7pm to 10pm.
- Valentines Day Battle of the Sexes Comedy Show at The Secret Group | Valentine’s Day, Wednesday, February 14 – Comedian Rich Williams hosts his 6th Annual Valentines Day Battle of the Sexes Comedy Show at The Secret Group featuring multiple comedy sets, live music, and a DJ. Tickets start at $20; but limited discounted tickets start at $10. 7:30pm and 9:30pm.
- Jazz on Valentine’s Concert by Raquel Cepeda at The MATCH | Valentine’s Day, Wednesday, February 14 – Houston jazz songstress Raquel Cepeda presents a special Valentine’s Day concert, offering a night of music for couples and jazz lovers alike. Tickets range from $30 to $55. Get a $5 discount if you purchase by Tuesday, January 31, 2018. 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).