Make the most of your week with our top 9 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, January 15 to Sunday, January 21, 2018.
Also in January 2018
Happening This Week
Top 9 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- 40th Annual MLK Jr. Parade & Celebration at Minute Maid Park | Monday, January 15 | FREE – The Black Heritage Society Organization presents the 40th Annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Parade at Minute Maid Park in Downtown. 10am.
- 24th Annual MLK Grande Parade | Monday, January 15 | FREE – Watch over 30 marching bands and 15 parade floats at the 24th Annual MLK Parade in Midtown near the HCC Central Campus. 10am.
- Time Warp Tuesdays on The ICE at Discovery Green | Tuesday, January 16 – Skate to the tunes of decades past, whether it be the ’60s or the ’80s, during Time Warp Tuesdays in The ICE at Discovery Green. Tickets are $14. 7pm to 9pm.
- Shadow Puppet Theatre at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Thursday, January 18 –Bring the kids for a story told with animated shadows created by manipulating cut-outs behind a sheet in front of a bare bulb lamp at The Woodlands Children’s Museum. Each week will be a different story. Tickets are $6. 11am.
- Screen on the Green: Miracle Movie Screening at Discovery Green | Thursday, January 18 | FREE – Bring your lawn chairs and blankets for an outdoor screening of Miracle at Discovery Green park. In this true story, a player-turned-coach leads the 1980 U.S. Olympic hockey team to victory over the seemingly invincible Russian squad. 7pm.
- The Sandlot Cast Meet and Greet at Baybrook Mall | Saturday, January 20 – The Fiterman Sports store at Baybrook Mall hosts actors from the movie The Sandlot for a meet and greet, autograph signing, and photos. Tickets range from $20 to $99. 1pm to 4pm.
- Wild Kratts Live! at The Hobby Center for the Performing Arts | Saturday, January 20 –Bring the kiddos to see this all-new theatrical stage show is based on the hit animated television series Wild Kratts at The Hobby Center for the Performing Arts. Tickets start at $30. 1pm.
- The Wizard of Oz Movie Screening Party at Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park | Saturday, January 20 –Put on your ruby slippers and enjoy an interactive movie party for the classic film, The Wizard of Oz at the Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park. Tickets are $12.99. 7pm.
- Children’s Texas Art Festival at Bayou Bend Collection & Gardens | Sunday, January 21 | FREE – Bayou Bend presents an afternoon celebrating art—created by and for children—that helps forge a connection to Texas and American heritage. Families can enjoy art-making workshops; participate in a collaborative group project; play interactive games, and see demonstrations. 1pm to 5pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).