Make the most of your week with our top 10 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, January 8 to Sunday, January 14, 2018.
Also in January 2018
Happening This Week
Learn how to make Greek food from the chef of Helen Greek Food & Wine, run 13.1 or 26.2 miles in the Chevron Marathon, celebrate MLK Day, pick out a fruit tree for your yard, and more happening this week in Houston.
Top 10 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Galveston Restaurant Week at Participating Restaurants Around Galveston | Daily – Eat your way through the Galveston restaurant scene by dining on prix fixe menus in support of Access Care of Coastal Texas during Galveston Restaurant Week. Prices, times, and locations vary.
- Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trailblazers at Toyota Center | Wednesday, January 10 – Cheer loud for the Rockets when they hit the court to play the Trailblazers at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $20, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- Urban Harvest Fruit Tree Sale at Houston Community College West Loop | Saturday, January 13 – Pick out temperate, tropical, and/or citrus fruit trees from an extensive selection at the 18th Annual Fruit Tree Sale hosted by Urban Harvest. 9am to 1pm.
- BCO Farmer’s Market Bike Ride at Onion Creek Cafe | Saturday, January 13 | FREE – Meet up with Bayou City Outdoors at Onion Creek in the Heights before heading off on a 15-mile bike ride to the Downtown Farmer’s Market and back. 8:30am to noon.
- Houston Cougars vs. University of Connecticut Huskies Women’s Basketball at H&PE Arena | Saturday, January 13 – The highly talented, first-ranked women’s basketball team from UConn visits Houston for a game against the Coogs. Tickets start at $3. 2pm.
- Monster Energy AMA Supercross at NRG Stadium | Saturday, January 13 – Watch bikes fly high and zip through a tough course at NRG in this competition. Tickets start at $28, but you might find better, cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. 6:30pm.
- Modern Greek Cooking Class with Helen at Central Market | Saturday, January 13 – Chef William Wright, of Helen Greek Food & Wine and Helen in the Heights, will lead this class on how to make Greek dishes including feta mousse, citrus and fennel salad, and tipiti at Central Market. $65. 6:30pm to 9pm.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day Events Around Houston | Starts Saturday, January 13 – Honor Martin Luther King Jr. at the 24th Annual MLK Grande Parade, the MLK Battle of the Bands Competition, the 40th Annual MLK Jr. Parade Celebration at Minute Maid Park and more.
- Marathon Watch Party at Urban Eats | Sunday, January 14 – Head to Urban Eats and cheer marathon runners on from the patio and terrace while keeping warm with artisan breakfast sandwiches, pastries, and coffee. 7am.
- Chevron Houston Marathon in Downtown | Sunday, January 14 – Run, volunteer or stop by to support runners during the Chevron Houston Marathon and Aramco Houston Half Marathon that winds through Houston, beginning and ending in Downtown. Registration starts at $150. 6:45am.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).