Make the most of your week with our top 9 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, January 8 to Sunday, January 14, 2018.
Also in January 2018
Happening This Week
Top 9 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Cheap Skate Nights on The ICE at Discovery Green | Monday, January 8 – Bring the whole family to The ICE at Discovery Green for their Cheap Skate Nights. On select Mondays this winter, you can glide around The ICE for just $8 per person instead of the usual $14. 5pm to 10pm.
- Shadow Puppet Theatre at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Thursday, January 11 – Bring the kids for a story told with animated shadows created by manipulating cut-outs behind a sheet in front of a bare bulb lamp at The Woodlands Children’s Museum. Each week will be a different story. Tickets are $6. 11am.
- Screen on the Green: Rent Movie Screening at Discovery Green | Thursday, January 11 | FREE – Bring your lawn chairs and blankets for an outdoor screening of Rent at Discovery Green park. Bohemians in the East Village neighborhood of New York City struggle with life, love, and AIDS in this film version of the Pulitzer and Tony Award-winning musical. 7pm.
- Labyrinth Quote-Along Movie Screening at Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park | Thursday, January 11 – Sing and quote along with David Bowie as the Jareth the Goblin King in the ’80s cult classic, Labyrinth at Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park. Tickets are $12.99. 7:30pm.
- Snow Day at Baytown’s Town Square | Friday, January 12 – Bring the kids to play in 75 tons of snow at the 3rd Annual Snow Day at Baytown’s Town Square. Expect two large eight-foot snow slides, one extra large 12-foot snow slide complete with snow discs and toboggans, a 4 lane bunny hill for the little ones, and other play areas. 10am to 6pm.
- Annual MLK Youth Parade in Midtown | Friday, January 12 | FREE – Head to Midtown to march in – or watch – the 12th Annual MLK Youth Parade featuring 10 parade floats and 20 marching bands. The parade will take place near the HCC Central Campus. Noon.
- Family Owl Prowl at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center | Saturday, January 13 – Bring the whole family to meet and learn about some wise and wonderful live owls from the Wildlife Center of Texas. Go for a hike in the moonlight to search for owls in the woods and enjoy some hot chocolate, coffee, and snacks to keep you warm. Tickets are $45 for nonmembers; $30 for members; $15 for children ages 5 to 12. 5:30pm to 7:30pm.
- Family Fun Day at The MATCH | Sunday, January 14 | FREE – Expect character visits from the locals at Main Street Theater, kid-friendly musical concerts by Prelude Music, and even dance performances of Peter and Wendy by Open Dance Project at The MATCH. There will also be face painters, balloon artists, stilt walkers, a chalk artist for the kids to enjoy, a large bounce house and more. 1pm to 4pm.
- Be Our Guest Tea Party with Princess Belle at Sweet & Sassy | Sunday, January 14 – Bring your little princess to Sweet & Sassy in Kingwood for tea time with Princess Belle, singing, dancing, a coronation and more. Tickets are $29.95 per person. 1:15pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).