Didn’t get what you wanted this holiday? Then treat yourself to the great, authentic Houston experiences around the city on the new Houston Experience Marketplace.
Created by the good people at Visit Houston, the shiny new online store makes it easy to find, order, and book experiences like brewery passes, themed tours, shopping tours, holiday light tours, motor racing passes, discounted museum passes, and more.
A Sampling of Houston Tours & Experiences
The marketplace boasts 40 Houston experiences, with something for just about all ages and interests. We’ve highlighted some of our favorites, but you’ll want to visit the marketplace itself to see all the options.
- Houston Brew Pass – Score tasty flights and goodies at eight of Houston’s most beloved breweries, including Saint Arnold, Eureka Heights, Platypus, and Buffalo Bayou.Available in 1-day, 3-day, and 90-day options, all passes include 35+ beer samples across the eight breweries.
- Houston Museum Pass – Download access to 10 popular Museum District destinations, including Houston Museum of Natural Science, Asia Society Texas Center, Houston Center for Contemporary Craft, and more. Available in 1-day, 3-day, and 30-day increments.
- The Glamour and Romance of Oscar de la Renta at MFAH – You can also find passes to see the latest exhibit at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, featuring 70 iconic gowns and fashion ensembles created by the acclaimed, late designer.
- Houston Tunnel Tour in Downtown – Discover the world beneath Downtown in a 2-hour tour that provides history, surprising facts, and insight into the city beneath your feet.
- Cistern History Tour at Buffalo Bayou Park – This popular underground tour takes you into the stunning space that once held all of the city’s water. It’s been a huge hit since it opened to the public in the spring of 2016.
- Haunted Ghost Tour Pub Crawl – Join a spirited pub crawl as you visit historic haunts in an 1800s-themed pub crawl. There’s time for a drink at each stop along the way in this 2.5-hour tour.
- The Sip, Shop, Stroll Tour – Join a personal shopper and pop in to locally-owned boutiques in one of Houston’s trendiest neighborhoods. Includes a wine tasting, shopping discounts, and a swag bag.
How to Use the Houston Experience Marketplace
Once you land on the marketplace’s homepage, you’ll spy a few of the site’s most popular gifts options. Once you check them out, be sure to use the filter buttons up top to check out all the other packages and choices.
You’ll find experiences under holiday, food and drink, deals, tours, hotel packages, shopping, kids, museums, art and culture, and adventures.
Simply browse the easy-to-use choices, and seamlessly gift the passes to your gift lists. Once you purchase them, the passes can arrive instantly or at a designated time (Christmas morning, for example) via text and email with nothing to download.
Prices vary by experience, but range from under $10 to about $80 per person.
Houston Experience Marketplace: Tickets, Tours & Experiences
- Website: experiences.visithouston.com
- Hours: Online 24 hours a day
- Prices: Prices vary by experience, but range from under $10 to about $80 per person. Click here to browse tickets, tours, and experiences and be sure to click all all relevant categories so you don’t miss any hidden gems.
This story was sponsored by Visit Houston. Per our sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from businesses that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, resource, or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.