Experience visionary short films, historical works, documentaries, kids film series and more year-round from one of the countries finest micro-cinemas at the Aurora Picture Show.
Dedicated to expanding the cinematic experience and promoting the appreciation of moving image art, Aurora Picture Show is a non-profit media arts center in the Rice Village/Kirby area that presents artist-made, non-commercial film and video.
Founded in 1998 by Andrea Grover in the artist and writer’s living room, today Aurora has distinguished itself as a home for vanguard work that falls outside of conventional moviemaking, offering visitors access to a rare video library, education space, and screenings all in one location.
Year-round visitors can expect curated screenings, visiting artists, site-specific events in alternative spaces, and diverse programming on topics including art, live cinema, new media, historical works, popcorn kids, and even juried competitions/festivals.
Aurora Picture Show
- Location: Aurora Picture Show, 2442 Bartlett St, Houston, TX 77098
- Screenings & Events Hours: Times vary per event. Click here for a complete list of upcoming events.
- Aurora Media Arts Center Hours: The Aurora offices, screening space, and video library are open Monday through Friday from 10am to 6pm. Aurora strongly encourages visitors to make an appointment to view the library. Call 713-868-2101 or email [email protected] to schedule an appointment.
- Parking: Free lot and street parking is available onsite and in the surrounding area
- Admission: No cover for some special screenings and events throughout the year; price varys by event for ticketed features. Aurora recommends becoming a member which guarantees free admission to regular screenings and discounted admission for ticketed special events. Click here to learn more about becoming a member.