Ring in 2018 at one of the many New Year’s Eve parties around Houston on New Year’s Eve, Sunday, December 31, 2017.
Are you ready to put 2017 behind you? What better way than to countdown the final seconds at one of many exciting New Year’s Eve events around Houston.
We will continue to add to this list as New Year’s Eve approaches, so check back for updates as more Houston area New Year’s Eve parties and events are finalized.
All events continue past midnight or later unless otherwise stated.
Featured New Year’s Eve Events in Houston*
No DWI – Free Sober Rides on New Year’s Eve | Across Houston – Make the right choice to take a taxi or use a ride-sharing service to get home if you’ve been drinking, pay for it up front, and the law firm Sutliff & Stout will reimburse you for it via PayPal. The offer is valid from 5pm on New Year’s Eve, Sunday, December 31, 2017 through 10am on New Year’s Day, Monday, January 1, 2018. Click here for details.
Havana Nights 2018: New Year’s Eve Extravaganza | Sugar Land – Angelucho’s Cuban New Year’s Eve party returns to bring in 2018 in the Post Oak Ballroom at the Hilton Garden Inn Sugar Land. All tickets are VIP and include a gourmet buffet dinner, two drinks, and a Champagne toast at midnight. Cuban native Angelucho’s band Copacabana will perform live from 10pm to 2am, with an assist from DJ Yuka Frita. With a large dance floor and cash bar, you can expect plenty of lively dancing into the morning. $99 per person. 7:30pm.
The Get Down New Year’s Eve Celebration at Rockefellers | Washington Avenue – Disco into 2018 at a ’70s-themed New Year’s Eve dance party filled with soul, funk, hip-hop, and disco jams at Rockefellers. Enjoy cocktails, food, go-go girls, disco balls, DJs, bands, sparklers, and a complimentary champagne toast at midnight. Disco-inspired cocktail attire is required. Tickets start at $60. 8pm.
New Year’s Eve Party: BLT XIV at Lucky’s Pub and Warehouse Live | EaDo – Sportsmonkey, The Rod Ryan Show, and 94.5 THE BUZZ present BLT (Black Tie, Lingerie, Toga) New Year’s Eve Party at Lucky’s Pub and Warehouse Live. This two-venue party will feature live music, DJs, photo booths, food trucks, and of course, a midnight toast. Tickets start at $60, but you can use promo code 365HOU to get 10% off all ticket purchases. 8pm.
Ars Lyrica’s New Year’s in Berlin at the Hobby Center | Downtown – Ars Lyrica continues its Artful Women season with an end-of-year gala that will transport you to the salons of Berlin. This New Year’s Eve celebration includes an elegant dinner, a musical program, and festive gala. The concert will feature a Bach double concerto as well as a work originally performed by Sara Itzig Levy, whose legendary hostess-style inspired this evening’s concert. Tickets start at $65, with additional options for dinner prior to the concert and the gala afterward. 9pm.
By Neighborhood + Region
- New Year’s Eve Family Celebration at Downtown Aquarium – Spend your New Year’s Eve with Sharkey, the aquarium’s mascot, and participate in kids activities like a dance party and a balloon drop at the Downtown Aquarium. A kids buffet (ages 3 to 10) is $21.99 and an adults buffet is $29.99. 11am.
- NYE Dinner at Sambuca Houston – Dance your way into 2018 with a delicious 3 or 4-course dinner, live music by KAOS and a midnight champagne toast at Sambuca. Menu items will include steak, lobster, miso sea bass or lobster scampi. Tickets range from $30 to $130. 6pm.
- Silent Trap Gala NYE at Grooves Restaurant and Lounge – Put on your headphones and choose from 3 different channels playing ’90s R&B and old school hip hop, Afro beats, reggae, and of course, trap music at this Silent Trap party at Grooves. Colored LED lights flashing on the headphones will let you know what your friends are listening to, so you can jam out with them. Tickets range from $15 to $300. 7pm.
- New Year’s Eve 2018: Winter Wonderland at Henke & Pillot – Henke & Pillot host their 4th Annual New Year’s Eve bash complete with two floors of festivities, a Winter Wonderland theme, VIP sections, live entertainment, party favors, and a champagne toast at midnight. Black and white attire is recommended. Tickets start at $40. 7pm.
- New Year’s Eve at The Ballroom at Bayou Place – Celebrate the New Year at The Ballroom at Bayou Place with dancing, food, live music, party favors and more. A portion of the proceeds will benefit The Houston Ballet Nutcracker Market and Houston Ballet Foundation, its Academy and Scholarships. Ticket packages range from $99 to $225. 7:30pm.
- A Very Metal New Year’s Eve at House of Blues – A Very Metal New Year’s Eve will feature performances from metal cover bands including Ozz, Kiss Alike, Judas X, and No Remorse at the House of Blues venue in Downtown. Tickets range from $15 to $18. 8pm.
- New Year’s Eve Riot At Walter’s Downtown – Ring in the new year with balloons, drinks, and plenty of live music from The Sour Notes, Flower Graves, The Rich Hands, and ImposterBoys at Walter’s Downtown. Free for guests over 21; $5 for under 21. 8pm.
- ’80s Prom New Year’s Eve Party at MKT Bar – MKT Bar at Phoenicia in Downtown transforms into an ’80s flashback with vintage arcade games, polaroid cameras and more as they host this prom-themed ’80s party. Dress in your poofiest and brightest ’80s prom attire for a chance to win prom queen and king, enjoy dancing, and food and drink specials. No cover to attend; $25 per person minimum for table reservations. 8pm.
- New Year’s Eve Party: BLT XIV at Lucky’s Pub and Warehouse Live – Sportsmonkey, The Rod Ryan Show and 94.5 THE BUZZ present BLT (Black Tie, Lingerie, Toga) New Year’s Eve Party at Lucky’s Pub and Warehouse Live. This 2-venue party will feature live music, DJs, photo booths, food trucks, and of course, a midnight toast. Tickets start at $60, but you can use promo code 365HOU to get 10% off all ticket purchases. 8pm.
- New Years Eve Bash 2018 at The Secret Group – End this year at The Secret Group’s New Year’s Eve Bash with ticket giveaways, drink specials, and a $1000 balloon drop. Free with RSVP before 11pm; $10 after 11pm; $50 for VIP tickets for 2. 8pm.
- Ars Lyrica’s New Year’s in Berlin at the Hobby Center – Ars Lyrica continues its Artful Women season with an end-of-year gala that will transport you to the salons of Berlin. This New Year’s Eve celebration includes an elegant dinner, a musical program, and festive gala. The concert will feature a Bach double concerto as well as a work originally performed by Sara Itzig Levy, whose legendary hostess style inspired this evening’s concert. Tickets start at $65, with additional options for dinner prior to the concert and the gala afterward. 9pm.
- New Year’s Eve Pub Crawl in Downtown – The Houston Young Professionals hosts a free for all NYE Pub Crawl with plenty of participating bars in Downtown. Start off the night at Batanga and head to bars like Moving Sidewalk, Houston Watch Co, Bad News Bar, Public Services Wine & Whisky and many more. No cover to attend, but you can donate $5 to HYP. 9pm.
- New Year’s Eve: Year of the Unicorn at El Big Bad – Spend your New Year’s Eve in Downtown when the tequila bar and restaurant, El Big Bad host a unicorn-themed party. Enjoy specials on their unicorn margarita, a unicorn piñata, and even a unicorn costume contest. Early bird tickets start at $100. 9pm.
- New Year’s Eve in Downtown | No Cover – Celebrate 2018 in Downtown when venues like El Big Bad, Reserve 101, La Carafe, Little Dipper, The Nightingale and plenty more, host New Year’s festivities. 10am to 2am.
- Kinda Super Deep End NYE at The Frathouse – The Kinda Super Disco DJ collective hosts their NYE party with special guests DJs spinning underground House and Techno at The Frathouse warehouse in EaDo. Tickets range from $20 to $30. 10pm.
Midtown, Montrose + Museum District
- Irish New Years Eve Countdown Party at Pimlico Irish Pub – Celebrate the Irish New Years Eve Countdown (6PM CST is midnight in Ireland) and start partying early at Pimlico Irish Pub. No cover. VIP packages are available for $50 and include swag, food, and a bottle of champagne. 4pm.
- NYE Bash at Axelrad | No Cover – The Axelrad beer garden in Midtown hosts their super chill and laidback NYE Bash featuring live music, visual installations, hammocks, drinks and more. 6pm.
- Houston’s Own Disco Ball New Year at Violet Tiger Tattoo Parlor | No Cover – Ring in the new year as if you were in the big apple with live music, food, and kegs and watch a recreation of the iconic NYC disco ball drop at the stroke of midnight at Violet Tiger Tattoo Parlor in Montrose. 7pm.
- New Year’s Eve 2018 at Howl at the Moon – Dance the 2017 year away at Howl at the Moon. Depending on what package you purchase, you can choose between a gourmet dinner, a champagne bottle to toast with, party favors and more. Tickets start at $20 for general admission. VIP tickets range from $30 to $125. 7pm.
- NYE at Weights and Measures – Savor a 4-course pre-fix dinner made by Chef Richard Kaplan and celebrate the New Year at Weights and Measures. Tickets are $75 per person. 7pm.
- Midtown’s Hottest New Year’s Eve Fest – Make your way over to Midtown for their New Year’s Eve fest happening at 3rd Floor, Irish Cowboy, and Pub Fiction. Enjoy DJ Havoc, DJ Abel, and DJ Henry spinning top 40 hits and a champagne toast when the clock strikes midnight. Tickets are $25 for pre-sale and $30 at the door. 7pm.
- New Year’s Eve Mardi Gras Gala at Hermann Park Golf Course – Get your beads together and celebrate the New Year Mardi Gras-style with food, party favors, the crowning of the festival queen, and a midnight toast at Hermann Park. Tickets are $15. 7:30pm.
- A Very Stages New Year’s Eve at Stages Repertory Theatre – Beloved Stages Repertory Theatre actors Denise Fennell and Holland Vavra combine forces for this special New Year’s Eve show. Start the evening with drinks and mingling, then enjoy a full seated dinner, followed by a unique, sure-to-be-hilarious session of Bingo With Sister and an Original Cabaret show. Tickets are $150. 7:30pm.
- Drag Me to The Circus New Year’s Eve Show at TC’s Bar – Ms. Monkey’s Cabaret and TC’s Bar Houston presents their newest show, Drag Me to the Circus, starring their three monkey stars Sasha, Cody, and Darwin, their ringmasters, Miss Gay Texas America Violet S’Arbleu, vocalist Michael Chiavone and more. Cover charge at the door. 8pm.
- New Years Eve 2018 at Shot Bar | No Cover – The Shot Bar in Midtown hosts a New Year party with DJ Qwest spinning today’s hits and a midnight toast with champagne. 9pm.
- Champagne Resolution New Year’s Eve at Belle Station – Countdown to 2018 with a champagne toast in hand at Midtown Houston’s Belle Station. They’ll have award-winning DJs lined up and ready to bring the roof down with the best in Top 40, house, hip-hop, and all your favorite classics. Tickets are $10, but you might be able to score comp or discounted tickets for $5. 9pm.
- NYE 2108 & 6th Anniversary Block Party at Double Trouble | No Cover – Double Trouble Caffeine & Cocktails host a block party in the Mid Main area to celebrate the New Year featuring a DJ, specialty drinks, sparklers, confetti canons, and a toast at midnight. 9pm.
- New Year’s Eve Carnival at Bar Boheme – Say farewell to 2017 at this Brazilian-themed Carnival party filled with live music and samba dancers at Bar Boheme. Cover charge is TBD. Table reservations available. 9pm.
- NYE Soiree at Hotel ZaZa Houston – Cheers to the New Year at Hotel ZaZa’s lavish annual soiree featuring hand-crafted cocktails, trendy music by DJ Tran, passed apps and more in the Museum District. Tickets are $75. 10pm.
- New Year’s Eve: 1920s Midnight in Paris Celebration at 13 Celsius – The 13 Celsius wine bar will be ringing in the 2018 New Year with their tradition of a 1920s Parisian-themed night out. Tickets are $20 for a table and a champagne toast; $50 for reserved couch seating and a double champagne toast, a bottle of champagne, and a cheese plate. 10pm.
- NYE Ball 2018 at Clé Houston – Dress to impress for the NYE Ball 2018 at the Clé Houston Lounge in Midtown featuring DJ Riddler spinning into the new year. The dress code is strictly enforced. Tickets are $25. 10pm.
Washington Avenue + The Heights
- New Year’s Eve at Star Fish – Celebrate New Year’s Eve with a special bar menu at Star Fish in the Heights. Menu highlights include sparkling gazpacho soup or Star Fish Winter Salad, and a Pan Seared Snapper Filet or a 72-hour Crispy Pork Belly with a choice of two desserts including the chocolate crème brulee cheesecake. Tickets range from $95 to $125 depending on what seating you choose. There will be a seating at 6pm and 9pm.
- The Get Down New Year’s Eve Celebration at Rockefellers – Disco into 2018 at a ’70s-themed New Year’s Eve dance party filled with soul, funk, hip-hop and disco jams at Rockefellers. Enjoy cocktails, food, go-go girls, disco balls, DJs, bands, sparklers, and a complimentary champagne toast at midnight. Disco-inspired cocktail attire is required. Tickets start at $60. 8pm.
- New Year’s Eve Bash at Pearl Bar – The LGBT-friendly venue, Pearl Bar hosts their New Year’s Eve Bash featuring Dj Von Kiss and a money drop. Cover charge at the door. 8pm.
- A Night in Havana with La Tribu Cubana in Concert at Cafeza – Cafeza, a European-style bar and restaurant, hosts a Cuban inspired New Year’s Eve party, A Night in Havana, with a performance from La Tribu Cubana and a special fine dining menu. Tickets are TBA. 8pm.
River Oaks, Upper Kirby + Rice Village
- Ring in the New Year at Américas – Start off your New Year by indulging in Latin cuisine and cocktails at Américas restaurant in River Oaks. Each guest will receive a $20 gift card for future use. Menu items prices vary. Call (832) 900-5561 to make reservations.
- New Year’s Eve 2018 at Picos – Step into the roaring ’20s and enjoy a Mexican 4-course dinner along with live music, a dance floor, a photo booth, a complimentary cigar rolling station, and a toast at the stroke of midnight at Picos restaurant. Tickets start at $100 for the bar and show only. Tickets range from $165 to $185 for the dinner. 7:30pm
Galleria + Uptown
- New Year’s Eve at Le Colonial – Celebrate the New Year with a 3-course dinner of authentic Vietnamese cuisine created by their Executive Chef Hassan Obaye. Cost of the dinner is $75 per person. 5pm.
- New Year’s Eve at La Table Houston – Indulge in La Table’s New Year’s Eve a la carte menu featuring celebratory dish specials then head upstairs for live music and a complimentary sparkling toast at midnight. 5pm.
- NYE Nash Bash at The Houstonian Hotel, Club & Spa – The 16th Annual Nash Bash New Year’s Eve, held this year at the Houstonian Hotel, will include hors-d’oeuvres, specially crafted gourmet food stations, a champagne toast, music provided by a DJ and live duo Bill and Kim Nash, and lots of dancing. Tickets and reservations are $200 per person. All proceeds benefit Champions Kids Camp. 6:30pm.
- NYElectric 2018 at Hotel Derek – Start off 2018 at the NYElectric party with DJs in various rooms, cocktails, a champagne toast, light bites, and plenty of giveaways at Hotel Derek. Tickets range from $109 to $1,495. 7:30pm.
- A Night To Remember: New Years Eve Celebration at Hess Club Galleria – Head to the Hess Club hall at the Galleria for the A Night to Remember New Year’s Eve party. Watch live music from the Stephen Richard Quartet and The City Band in the White Room and vibe to DJ Silk spinning R&B and hip-hop in the Gold Room. Enjoy food, a cash bar, a champagne toast, and party favors. Early bird tickets start at $40. 8pm.
- NYE Celebration at Maggiano’s Little Italy – Ring in the New Year with an Italian dinner and dessert buffet, an open bar, live music from Van Lang, and champagne at midnight at Maggiano’s restaurant. Tickets are $120 per person. 8pm.
- New Year’s Eve Party at Diablo Loco Richmond –The Diablo Loco sports bar on Richmond hosts a New Year’s Eve party with their tasty signature wings, live DJs, and $2 drinks from 8pm to 10pm. No cover until 10pm; $5 after 10pm. 8pm.
- NYE Resolution ’18: Tchami at Stereo Live – The Stereo Live nightclub hosts their New Year’s Eve Resolution party featuring beats by Parisian DJ and producer Tchami. Tickets range from $29 to $99. 9pm.
West Side, Energy Corridor + Sugar Land
- Noon Year’s Eve at CityCentre | FREE – Welcome the new year with a family-friendly Noon Year’s Eve celebration that will include dancing, a DJ, face painting, a balloon and caricature artist, and Lucky Shots’ magic mirror photo booth. 11am to 1pm.
- ECHO in the New Year at Queensbury Theatre – Join ECHOschestra and singer Tianna Hall for an evening of big band, jazz, and classical pops at Queensbury Theatre. Wine and light bites will be available for purchase and each guest will receive a swag bag and party hat to ring in the New Year. 6:30pm to 11:30pm.
- Gatsby New Years Eve at The Sugar Refinery – Revisit the speakeasy era at this Gatsby ’20’s-themed party in Sugar Land. Enjoy a champagne toast at midnight, party favors, a DJ, a dancefloor, and 1 complimentary cocktail. Different group ticket packages that include a dinner buffet are also available. General admission is $25; $50 tickets include dinner. Group package deals range from $350 to $550. 7pm.
- 2018 NYE Party at Neon Boots Dancehall & Saloon – Giddy up into 2018 as the cowboy-themed LGBT-friendly venue, Neon Boots, host their New Year party filled with a balloon money drop, a champagne toast, and a free breakfast. Tickets are $20 at the door. VIP tickets are available starting at $125. 7pm.
- Havana Nights 2018: New Year’s Eve Extravaganza – Angelucho’s Cuban New Year’s Eve party returns to bring in 2018 in the Post Oak Ballroom at the Hilton Garden Inn Sugar Land. All tickets are VIP and include a gourmet buffet dinner, two drinks, and a Champagne toast at midnight. Cuban native Angelucho’s band Copacabana will perform live from 10pm to 2am, with an assist from DJ Yuka Frita. With a large dance floor and cash bar, you can expect plenty of lively dancing into the morning. $99 per person. 7:30pm.
- New Year’s Eve Party at Churrascos Westchase – Take part in delicious 3-course dinner at Churrascos Westchase and enjoy with raffle prizes, drinks, and live entertainment from Mary Frometa and her band. Tickets are $89. 8pm.
- New Year’s Eve Party at Midnight Rodeo Katy – Boot scoot boogie into 2018 when Midnight Rodeo Katy hosts their New Year’s Eve party featuring $2 wells and $3 Jack Daniels until 11pm. No cover before 9pm; cover charge at the door after 9pm. 8pm.
- New Year’s Eve Party at Churrascos Memorial City – Churrascos at Memorial City hosts a New Year’s Eve party featuring a performance from the Latin band Walter Suhr & Mango Punch, a three-course meal, three drink tickets, prizes, party favors, and a champagne toast at midnight. Tickets are $135 per person. 8:30pm.
- New Year’s Eve Gala 2018 at Red Oak Ballroom – Red Oak Ballroom at CityCentre hosts a New Year’s Eve bash to ring in 2018. Party it up in 5 different themed rooms playing different music. General admission tickets are $35 for singles; $50 for couples. VIP options start at $55. 9pm.
- New Year’s Eve at CityCentre | No Cover – Start your New Year’s evening night with live music from the party cover band Bristol Fashion and then enjoy a countdown to midnight marked by confetti and a 60-second rooftop fireworks show at CityCentre. 9:30pm.
The Woodlands + Spring
- High Noon Countdown at The Woodlands Children’s Museum – The High Noon New Year’s Eve party is designed for the little ones at The Woodlands Children’s Museum. Celebrate by making New Year hats and creative art projects. Included with general admission to the museum. This event will happen from 10am to noon and then again from 1pm to 3pm.
- New Year’s Eve with Jason Cassidy at Big Texas Spring – Ring in the new year with a concert from country music artist Jason Cassidy, a balloon drop, champagne, and cash prizes at the Big Texas Saloon in Spring. Tickets are $20. 7pm.
- New Years Eve Party at Big Texas Clear Lake – Wave goodbye to 2017 at the Big Texas Dance Hall & Saloon in Clear Lake with cash prizes, a balloon drop, and a toast at midnight. Tickets are $10. 7pm.
- New Year’s Eve Brewery Bash at Galveston Island Brewing – Ring in 2018 with pints as Galveston Island Brewery hosts a New Year’s shindig. A wristband will get you access to the open bar, live music, light bites, party swag, and a champagne toast. Wristbands are $40. Designated drivers wristbands (no open bar) are $10. 10pm.
Find More Holiday Fun & Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
* With the exception of No DWI – Free Sober Rides on New Year’s Eve, which we highlighted as a community service, Featured New Year’s Eve Events showcased at the top this list are paying advertisers. Advertising revenue directly supports 365 Houston, enabling us to pay our staff and contributors, cover costs, and further help readers discover their favorite ways to spend their free time and improve their lives around Houston.
If you’d like to add your event to the Featured highlights at the top of this guide, please email us at [email protected]. We have effective and impactful ad packages to fit most budgets from Food Truck to Fortune 500.
If you’re on a very tight budget, but want to be sure your event stands out in our crowded calendar on Sunday December 31, 2017, then Boosted Calendar Listings are also available, starting at $50. Click here to order or click here to learn more about what you get when you opt for a Boosted Calendar Listing.