Take off on a three-hour tour of Houston’s prime Christmas lights on the 8th Annual Holiday Lights Tour with The Wave from Thursday, December 21 to Christmas Eve, Sunday, December 24, 2017.
Embark on your Christmas journey in Downtown with visits to City Hall, Discovery Green, River Oaks, and the Woodland Heights. The tour will stop at each location, allowing riders to get out and explore.
The tour begins at Market Square Park, where ticket holders can arrive early between 5:15pm to 5:45pm to check in and enjoy food and drink specials from area restaurants like Batanga, Fusion Taco, Hearsay Gastro Lounge, and Niko Nikos. Guests can even bring food and drinks along for the ride, but glass containers are not permitted.
Tickets are $35 per person, which covers specials at Market Square, transportation, the pre-set tour of lights and holiday treats on the bus. The tour is kid-friendly, too. Children need a seat, but kids 4 and under who ride in a parent’s lap do not require a ticket.
Holiday Lights Tour Route
After departing visitors will head to City Hall to check out the Christmas tree, then Discovery Green, River Oaks, and, if time permits, make a stop through the Woodland Heights.
See the perfect photo? Guests will have a chance to get out and walk around at each spot to snap holiday pictures and will also be able to check out photos that The Wave captures, too.
Tips for Your Tour
The buses will be first come first seated. If you’re arriving with a group, the Wave staff asks that you check in early to assure you are all on the same bus and to minimize your wait time on others to arrive.
The last bus will have to wait until 6pm, or everyone who has pre-paid has arrived or been reached. The buses will try to stay together as best they can, but The Wave cannot guarantee it. On occasion, traffic does get backed up in these areas.
Guests should note, there is no public restroom once the tour starts until you get to Discovery Green. $5 of each ticket goes to support the Buffalo Bayou Partnership.
8th Annual Holiday Lights Tour on The Wave
- Dates: Thursday, December 21 to Christmas Eve, Sunday, December 24, 2017
- Times: 6pm to 9pm (approximately); guests are encouraged to arrive between 5:15pm to 5:45pm so they can enjoy libations from the restaurants in the area. The Wave will depart by 6pm for the tour, depending on when each tour fills up.
- Location: Market Square Park, 301 Milam St, Houston TX, 77002
- Parking: Paid lot and street parking is available in the surrounding area; parking meters become free after 6pm on weekdays and are free on the weekends.
- Admission: Tickets are $35 per person and include holiday treats on the buses, plus discount specials at select venues in Historic Market Square before and after the tour. Click here to purchase tickets online and for a complete list of event information.