Make the most of your week with our top 15 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, December 4 to Sunday, December 10, 2017.
Also in December 2017
Happening This Week
Sip on wine between shopping sprees, hear Lyle Lovett or Wynonna Judd perform live, sample creative margarita concoctions, cheer on the Texans, venture out to Lights in the Heights, celebrate the LGBTQ community at Rainbow on Ice and more happening this week in Houston.
Top 15 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Wine Bar Mondays at Helen Greek Food & Wine | Monday, December 4 – Helen Greek Food & Wine is usually closed on Monday, but they’re opening their doors for shoppers to enjoy wine and light bar bites. Holiday gift sets and wine are also available for purchase. 4:30pm.
- Lyle Lovett in Concert at The Grand in Galveston | Monday, December 4 – Hear singer-songwriter Lyle Lovett perform live with his band in this intimate performance at The Grand in Galveston. Tickets start at $30. 7:30pm.
- Canadian Brass in Concert at Rice University | Tuesday, December 5 – Brass quintet, Canadian Brass, brings joyful holiday music to Rice University’s Stude Concert Hall. Tickets start at $20. 7:30pm.
- How I Met Your Mother Trivia at Under the Radar Brewery | Wednesday, December 6 – Suit up and show off your knowledge of the popular sitcom, How I Met Your Mother at Under the Radar Brewery. 7pm to 10pm.
- 15th Annual Christmas Tree Lighting at Sugar Land Town Square | Thursday, December 7 | FREE – See Sugar Land’s 40-foot tree light up, snap a photo with Santa and enjoy holiday refreshments at this annual ceremony. 5pm to 8pm.
- A Wynonna & the Big Noise Christmas at Jones Hall | Thursday, December 7 – Iconic country singer Wynonna Judd brings her Americana sound to Houston for a holiday concert at Jones Hall. Tickets start at $34, but a limited number of discounted $40 premium seats are available. 7:30pm.
- Rainbow on Ice at Discovery Green | Friday, December 8 | FREE – Show your pride at Discovery Green’s annual LGBTQ celebration on the Ice rink with entertainment from DJ Joe Ross and Crawford Nation. 7pm to 10pm.
- Tomball German Christmas Market & Festival at Old Town Tomball | Friday, December 8 to Sunday, December 10 – Bring the whole family to Tomball for a German Christmas Market with live music, dancing, street performers, more than 200 vendors, warm glühwein, and German eats. Friday 6pm to 10pm; Saturday 10am to 10pm; Sunday 10am to 6pm.
- Mother & Child – Christmas at the Villa at the Chapel of the Villa de Matel | Friday, December 8 to Sunday, December 10 – Catch a pitch-perfect performance from the Houston Chamber Choir as they sing holiday carols and classic Christmas tunes at Chapel of the Villa da Matel. Tickets start at $36. Friday 7:30pm; Saturday and Sunday 3:30pm and 7:30pm.
- Houston Margarita Festival at Buffalo Bayou Park | Saturday, December 9 – Sip, shoot, and mix tequila at this boozy event at The Water Works featuring an extensive selection of margaritas from local restaurants, bars, and mixologists. Tickets start at $20. Noon to 10pm.
- Simple Gifts at the Hobby Center | Saturday, December 9 – Experience a holiday collaboration between WindSync, International Voices Houston and Vitacca Vocational School of Dance that brings music and dance from around the world to the stage of the Hobby Center for one show. Tickets start at $10. 3pm.
- Fly in the Windshield at Queensbury Theatre | Saturday, December 9 | FREE – Listen to a reading of the journeys six men went through on their path through rehabilitation, based on true stories, in this one-night event at Queensbury Theatre. 7pm.
- Lights in Heights in Woodland Heights | Saturday, December 9 – Flock to Woodland Heights to marvel at the holiday decorations and bright lights, and enjoy performances from residents’ front porches while soaking in the spirit of the season. Although the streets are public, the homes are private, so be sure to respect the properties and their owners. 6pm to 9pm.
- Houston Texans vs. San Francisco 49ers at NRG Stadium | Sunday, December 10 – Pack the house and cheer loud for the Texans as they play against the San Francisco 49ers at NRG Stadium. Tickets start at $45, but cheaper and better tickets might be found on SeatForEveryone’s resale marketplace. Noon.
- Houston Ballet’s The Nutcracker at Smart Financial Center | Starts Sunday, December 10 – Don’t miss the holiday tradition of the Houston Ballet’s production of The Nutcracker. This classic will have a new home this year, thanks to Harvey, but you can catch it at Smart Financial Center before Christmas Day and at the Hobby Center after that. Tickets start at $35, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale marketplace. Times vary.
Find More Holiday Fun & Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).