Make the most of your week with our top 12 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, December 4 to Sunday, December 10, 2017.
Also in December 2017
Happening This Week
Top 12 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Cheap Skate Nights at Discovery Green | Monday, December 4 – Get into the holiday spirit and bring the whole family to The ICE at Discovery Green for their Cheap Skate Nights. You can glide around The ICE for just $8 per person instead of the usual $14. Tickets are $8. 5pm to 10pm.
- 15th Annual Christmas Tree Lighting at Sugar Land Town Square | Thursday, December 7 | FREE – Enjoy the lighting of the 40-foot Christmas Tree, plus holiday activities, and a special appearance by Santa Claus at the City of Sugar Land’s annual Christmas Tree Lighting event. There will be a Gingerbread Lane, Winter Wonderland, and other holiday-themed walk-around entertainment, plus vendor booths, photo opportunities, and meetings with Santa. 5pm to 8pm.
- Screen on the Green: Home Alone Movie Screening at Discovery Green | Thursday, December 7 | FREE – Bring your lawn chairs and blankets for an outdoor screening of Home Alone at Discovery Green park. This ’90s holiday classic tells the story of an eight-year-old troublemaker who protects his home from a pair of burglars when he is accidentally left home alone by his family during Christmas vacation. 7pm.
- Tomball German Christmas Market & Festival at Old Town Tomball | Friday, December 8 to Sunday, December 10 | No Cover – Bring the entire family for a Texas-style Weihnachtsmarkt (Christmas market), where you’ll find 200+ vendors, live music and dancing, a wine petting zoo, street performers, and antiques. Friday 6pm to 10pm; Saturday 10am to 10pm; Sunday 10am to 6pm.
- Rainbow on The ICE at Discovery Green | Friday, December 8 – Discovery Green’s annual LGBTQ celebration returns to The ICE skating rink in Downtown, with tunes spun by DJ Joe Ross. More of the lineup is TBA. This event is free to attend, $14 per person to skate. 7pm to 8pm.
- Christmas Movie Night Screening in Baytown | Friday, December 8 | FREE – Head to Baytown’s Town Square for a night of 3 holiday movie classics on a giant 8’ by 16’ LED screen including The Polar Express starting at 6pm, How the Grinch Stole Christmas at 7:45pm, and Elf at 8pm. 6pm.
- Pancakes with Santa at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Saturday, December 9 – Bring the kiddos to enjoy Pancakes with Santa as well as a performance from Tom’s Fun Band, and pictures with Elsa from Frozen at The Woodlands Children’s Museum. Tickets are $30 for children and $15 for adults. 8am to 11am.
- Snow Fest at Jordan Ranch in Fulshear | No Cover – Play in 70,000 pounds of icy snow at a family festival that also includes tasty food truck bites, family fun, and more. Noon to 3pm.
- Teddy Bear Check-Up at The Health Museum | Saturday, December 9 – Featuring more than half a dozen check-up stations designed specifically for kids, children of all ages are invited to join Santa Claus for a healthy breakfast, photos, and to perform a series of medical examinations on their plush companions to earn a certificate of health for their furry friends. This event is included with regular general museum admission. Non-member tickets for breakfast and photos with Santa are $5 each. 9am to 1pm.
- 2017 Gingerbread Build-Off at Hermann Square | Saturday, December 9 – Architecture Center Houston hosts the 9th Annual Gingerbread Build-Off at City Hall’s Hermann Square. Competing teams will create their masterpieces using 100% edible materials. More than 4,500 spectators are expected to attend and cheer on the teams, play in the kids’ construction zone, and see Santa. Early team registration is $125. 10am to 4pm.
- Telemundo Houston Toy Drive at Traders Village | Sunday, December 1 | FREE – Telemundo Houston presents their 3rd Annual Toy Drive featuring games, prizes, pictures with TV personality Antonio Hernandez, as well as free face painting and balloon animals for the kids at the outdoor flea market, Traders Village. All donations of toys will go to the Ripley House. Noon to 4pm.
- Photos with Santa at Sugar Land Town Square | Sunday, December 10 | FREE – Bring the kids to Sugar Land Town Square and snap a free holiday photo with Santa and Mrs. Claus. They will also be collecting new and unwrapped toys for the Fort Bend Rainbow Room’s Christmas Project. 1pm to 5pm.
Find More Holiday Fun & Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).