Join Santa Claus and his merry troop of medical volunteers along with their favorite stuffed animals or toys for the annual Teddy Bear Check-Up at The Health Museum on Saturday, December 9, 2017, from 9am to 1pm.
Visit The Health Museum this holiday season as they delve into the world of make-believe in order to teach young guests important lessons about how to think and stay healthy. Visitors will also enjoy breakfast and a visit by jolly Saint Nick, himself.
Featuring more than half a dozen check-up stations designed specifically for kids, children of all ages are invited to join Santa Claus for breakfast, photos, and to perform a series of medical examinations on their plush companions to earn a certificate of health for their furry friends.
Kids get hands-on experience checking their Teddy’s health while learning proper oral hygiene, how to listen to the heart with a stethoscope, keeping Teddy fit with exercises, and administering a band-aid for the occasional boo-boo.
Teddy Bear Check-Up is included in regular museum admission, but in order to participate in the breakfast, parents must register their children in advance. Click here to register for the breakfast now or for a full list of event information.
Check-Up Stations at The Health Museum
If your child or family member has shown an interest in medicine, this event is a great way to prepare kids for what to expect in the doctor’s office or to pique their curiosity about exploring a medical career when they get older.
- Bear Basics – Check your teddy bear’s heartbeat, blood pressure, and other vital signs. Don’t forget to make sure your teddy bear has all its shots.
- Teddy Exam Room – Use real and toy doctor tools to make sure your teddy bear is in tip-top shape.
- Squeaky Clean – Show your teddy bear how to keep germs away by doing something as simple as washing your hands.
- Seeing is Believing – Four eyes are better than two. Check out your eyes and your teddy bear’s eyes, too.
- Breakfast with Santa | 9am to 10am – Non-members $5; members free
- Photo with Santa | 10am to 1pm – Non-members $5; members free
- Ongoing Teddy Bear Check-Up Activities | 10am to 1pm – Included with general museum admission
About The Health Museum
Celebrating its 21st anniversary, The Health Museum is Houston’s most interactive science learning center and a member institution of the world-renowned Texas Medical Center.
Visitors to the Museum can walk through a larger-than-life human body, take a mini science class, watch an organ dissection and check out both permanent and temporary exhibits that cover topics like health, medical science, and the human body.
The Health Museum is located in the heart of the city’s Museum District.
Teddy Bear Check-Up at The Health Museum
- Date: Saturday, December 9, 2017
- Time: 9am to 1pm
- Location: The Health Museum, 1515 Hermann Drive, Houston, TX 77004
- Parking: Surface lot parking is available at the museum for $5; $3 for members.
- Admission: Teddy Bear Check-Up is included with regular general museum admission. Non-member tickets for breakfast and photos with Santa are $5 each; museum members receive breakfast and photos with Santa free. General admission tickets are $10 for adults; $8 for ages 3 to 12 and seniors 65 and older; free for members and children 2 and under; active and retired personnel receive half-off admission for up to four people. General admission also provides access to the museum’s multiple exhibits. Click here to purchase tickets and for a full list of event information. Click here to register for the breakfast event.
This article was sponsored by The Health Museum. Per our advertising and sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from organizations that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, event, resource or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Advertising revenue helps support 365 Things to Do in Houston, and our contributors, allowing us to expand our coverage of activities and events around the Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.