Get a head start on your Holiday shopping at one of the many markets and pop-ups happening around Houston in December 2017.
Looking for that unique gift? Don’t worry, we’ve got your back.
Support local businesses and vendors, all while shopping for one-of-a-kind goods and products, whether it be vintage clothing, handmade candles, locally made dog treats or even a little something for yourself.
Houston Holiday Markets & Pop-Ups in December 2017
- Theta Design Weekend at George R. Brown Convention Center | Friday, December 1 to Sunday, December 3 – Experience the expertly curated Theta Design Weekend, a 3-day home décor shopping and interior design show at Houston’s George R. Brown Convention Center. This year, Theta is taking the rare antiques from the Theta Charity Antiques Show and merging them with modernity. They will be highlighting everything from art, architecture, and landscaping to décor, lighting, and textiles. Tickets are $20 for general admission. Tickets range from $20 to $125 per event happening during the show. Friday and Saturday 10am to 6pm; Sunday 11am to 5pm.
- The French Farm’s Holiday Open Warehouse Sale | Friday, December 1 and Saturday, December 2; Friday, December 8 and Saturday, December 9; Friday, December 15 and Saturday, December 16 | No Cover – Featuring carefully crafted jams, mustards, oils, cutlery and more, this holiday sale offers visitors the chance to find all sorts of stocking stuffers, unique foods, and other carefully-crafted goods made by small businesses using traditional recipes and techniques. 10am to 3pm each day.
- 44th Annual Dickens on The Strand in Galveston | Friday, December 1 to Sunday, December 3 – Celebrating 19th Century’s Victorian London, this event will feature parades, non-stop entertainment on multiple stages, strolling carolers, roving musicians, bagpipers, jugglers, and a host of other entertainers. Costumed vendors peddle their wares from street stalls and rolling carts laden with holiday food and drinks, Victorian-inspired crafts, clothing, jewelry, holiday decorations, and gift items. Friday 5pm to 9pm; Saturday 10am to 9pm; Sunday noon to 6pm.
- Cheers & Beers Holiday Market at Saint Arnold Brewing Co. | Friday, December 1 | No Cover – Shop for unique gifts when Shop Local sets up their Cheers & Beer Holiday Market at Saint Arnold Brewing Co. This family-friendly event will feature plenty of local vendors, root beer floats for the kiddos, music, ugly sweaters, and even a gift wrapping section. 5pm to 10pm.
- Pop Shop Houston Holiday Festival 2017 | Friday, December 1 through Sunday, December 3 – Pop Shop Houston, the artfully curated market and festival, features handmade and vintage shopping, art exhibitions, craft workshops, and fun times that showcase handmade and vintage fashion, art, and indie products. General admission tickets are $8 on Saturday and Sunday and are good for both days; $24 for the Friday night Preview Party. Friday 6pm to 10pm; Saturday 10am to 7pm; Sunday 11am to 6pm.
- A Katy Old-Fashioned Christmas Festival in Historic Downtown Katy | Saturday, December 2 | No Cover – The 8th Annual Old-Fashioned Christmas Festival and market will feature produce, arts and crafts, antiques, clothing, accessories, jewelry, gifts, handmade goodies, carolers, food, entertainment, a beer garden, and 50,000 pounds of snow for the kiddos. 10am to 5pm.
- AIGA Houston’s DesignCraft Market at Market Square Park | Saturday, December 2 | No Cover – AIGA Houston’s eighth annual holiday market features the work of local artists, crafters, creatives and more. Find the perfect gifts and enjoy demonstrations by local artisans, live music, and local food trucks. 10am to 5pm.
- First Saturday Arts Market in The Heights | Saturday, December 2 | No Cover – Browse fine art and eclectic goods at the free monthly First Saturday Arts Market in the heart of the Houston Heights. In addition to shopping and browsing, you’ll find live music, food truck bites, great people watching and more. 11am to 5pm.
- 9th Annual Craftidote Handmade Market at Antidote Coffee | Saturday, December 2 | No Cover – Antidote Coffee in The Heights hosts the ninth edition of their annual holiday market, featuring t-shirts, ceramics, textiles, arts, crafts, jewelry and more. There’s no cost to attend, but all purchases are on you, of course. Noon to 5pm.
- CultureMap Holiday Pop-Up Shop at Silver Street | Sunday, December 3 | No Cover – Head to the CultureMap Holiday Pop-up Shop, a curated holiday boutique featuring 25 local retailers for men, women, kids, pets, jewelry, gifts, and home, as well as gourmet food and beverages. Enjoy cocktails, festive food, carolers, crafting, complimentary gift wrapping and more while you shop. 11am to 4pm.
- Christmas in Kemah Market at Kemah Community Center | Sunday, December 3 | No Cover – The Gypsy Rose Market host their Christmas in Kemah Market featuring plenty of vendors, arts and crafts, artisan shops, Christmas decor and more. 11am to 3pm.
- Chimney Rock Market | Sunday, December 3 and Sunday, December 17 | No Cover – Chimney Rock Market draws neighbors and locals with a mix of friendly vendors, unique goods, family entertainment, and dog-friendly fun. The market is held twice a month, on the first and third Sunday. Noon to 4pm.
- The Market at Sawyer Yards | Saturday, December 9 | No Cover – The Market at Sawyer Yards is a curated market featuring a mix of artist mediums with a focus on folk art, “maker is the seller,” and artisan crafts, including packaged specialty foods. 11am to 5pm.
- Holiday Heartmade Art Market at Main Street Square | Saturday, December 9 | No Cover – Find perfect gifts and goodies at the first ever holiday edition of the curated Heartmade Art Market in Downtown. 11am to 6pm.
- Houston Holiday Market at Aloft Houston Downtown | Saturday, December 9 – Shop three floors filled with over 40 amazing vendors. Enjoy live performances, great food and much more. Tickets are $5, but you may be able to find comp tickets. Noon to 6pm.
- HTX Boss Babes Holiday Market at GreenStreet | Saturday, December 9 | No Cover – The HTX Boss Babes Holiday Market will feature over 70 women-owned businesses and vendors at GreenStreet in Downtown. 3pm to 9pm.
- Sawyer Flea | Saturday, December 16 | No Cover – Spend the day at the Sawyer Flea, a curated outdoor market featuring local craftsmen, artists, food vendors, collectors, and other small businesses. This event is family-friendly and well-behaved dog-friendly. 10am to 5pm.
- Pop Up at Aurora Art Studio | Sunday, December 17 | No Cover – Stroll through aisles of local vendors when Aurora Art Studio in The Heights host their Sunday craft and artisan Pop Up market. The market will feature 35 unique and hand-picked exhibitors to choose from with a mix of Houston artisan goods such as candles, soap, jewelry, home decor, food items, and more.
Find More Holiday Fun & Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
Click here to sign up for free.