Our My Top 5 series highlights Houstonians who are creating Houston’s culture in real time, and asks them to share their own favorite things to do in their downtime. This week we’re very psyched to feature Chinedu Ogo, comedian, YouTube personality, and Houston-centric content creator.
My Top 5 Things to Do in Houston
by Chinedu Ogu
- Open Mic/Comedy Junkies night at The Houston Improv – I love coming here on Tuesday nights for a great laugh from some of Houstons’ up and coming comedians. I also love working on new material there as well. After the open mic segment there is a show called Comedy Junkies that features some of the biggest names in Houston comedy. Definitely a treat on a boring Tuesday night.
- CityCentre – If you want a fun and very foodie night out, here’s your spot. They have a variety of restaurants to choose from, and it also provides a great date night vibe. So grab a blazer or that new dress and hit up CityCentre.
- Downtown Aquarium – I love going to the Aquarium, especially if I have my niece and nephew with me. It’s a very family friendly environment with a lot of things to do. Be prepared to pay for parking though.
- Getting Tacos – Nothing is better than going to an awesome taco truck and pigging out, especially if the tacos are only $1 each. You can pick from several places in Houston, just be sure to bring a friend to wait in line with you, and don’t forget to tip. Taqueria del Sol is one of my favorite spots. It’s located off Park Place in southeast Houston.
- Tailgating Before Texans Games – You don’t have to be a football fan to enjoy a good tailgate. It’s one of the best ways to meet fellow Houstonians and improve your sports IQ. Just be sure not to show up wearing a Cowboys jersey.
About Chinedu Ogu
Chinedu is a comedian and content creator from Houston. His online videos have become a part of Houston culture as they highlight the city in very funny and creative ways. His live shows continue to sell out across the city and he his currently preparing for his national tour in 2018. Check out some of his most popular hits, including “I’m From Houston“, “Fiesta”, “Whataburger”, and “Houston Traffic”.