Take in a show that you can’t miss with five performances that are sure to get your December started on the right foot.
Also in December 2017
Happening This Week
Still looking for more entertainment this month? Visit our Event Calendar for a more comprehensive list.
Top 5 Plays & Arts Performances: December 2017
- Three-Part Harmony – The Rise and Fall of an American Cover Band at the Music Box Theatre | Through Saturday, December 2 – Music Box Theatre puts its witty stamp on this satire of documentary filmmaking, in which Houston PBS’ Ernie Manouse plays himself, interviewing the disbanded members of what was once America’s best cover band. Look out for the song stylings of Bruce Springsteen, U2, and Ray Charles, among others. Tickets are $29 for general admission; $39 for reserved, but limited, discounted $14.50 tickets are available for select shows. 7:30pm
- Spontaneous Smattering: Turn It Up to 11 at the Beacon Theatre | Saturday, December 2 – Cone Man Running Productions offers the latest installment of its popular series that gives writers, actors, and directors 24 hours to create, rehearse, find props, and stage a one-act play. This always unpredictable set of performances gives audiences the opportunity to vote for which productions deserve awards such as “Best Use of Props” and “Best of Show”. Tickets are $20. 7pm and 9:45pm.
- Fly on the Windshield at Queensbury Theatre | Saturday, December 9 | FREE – This staged reading is based on interviews of six men completing a faith-based drug rehabilitation program. With lighthearted drama, the play uncovers the endurance of the human spirit. 7pm.
- Unemojional at The Rec Room | Wednesday, December 13 – Group Acorde’s performance was canceled due to Hurricane Harvey, but The Rec Room welcomes the acclaimed dance troupe to their stage, with a stirring performance about the influence technology has on how we communicate. Tickets are $20. 8pm.
- Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets at Jones Hall for the Performing Arts | Friday, December 29 and Saturday, December 30 – The Houston Symphony plays the score to this second installment of the Harry Potter movies live, providing an incredible music experience for lovers of classical music and cinema, alike. Tickets range between $25 to $109. Friday 7:30pm; Saturday 2:30pm; and 7:30pm.