Shop ’til you drop with three days of antiques, art, design & jewelry at Theta Design Weekend‘s home décor and interior design show, happening Friday, December 1 through Sunday, December 3, 2017.
Held in the heart of Downtown, the three-day shopping extravaganza will play host to clever, design-inspired holiday revelers and shoppers.
Guests can enjoy a full weekend of events, including lectures, luncheons, design panels, walks, a Young Collector’s Party with margaritas, Mexican food and music, and a Preview Party celebration.
Now in its 65th year, Theta has taken the rare antiques from its former Theta Charity Antiques Show and merged them with modern living for a brand new Design Weekend incarnation. The expanded events highlights top interior designers, architects, artists, and artisans from around the world.
Theta Design Weekend Speaker Luncheon
Be sure you don’t miss the Theta Design Weekend Speaker Luncheon on Saturday, December 2, featuring McAlpine’s own Bobby McAlpine, Susan Ferrier, Ray Booth, and David Baker.
They will be discussing architecture and design with Margot Shaw, Editor-in-Chief of Flower Magazine: House/Garden/Lifestyle.
Limited seating is available. Click here to purchase tickets and secure your spot today.
Theta Design Weekend Event Schedule
Thursday, November 30, 2017
- Preview Party | 7pm
Friday, December 1, 2017
- Designer Walk with Meg Lonergan (sold out) | 10am
- Speaker Luncheon with Bobby Sue Smith Cohn and Mark D. Sikes | 11:30am to 1pm
- Designer Walk with Jennifer Barron (sold out) | 1pm
- Design Panel with Meg Braff, Ronda Carman, Amanda Nisbett, Carleton Varney, and Moderator Danielle Rollins | 2pm to 3:15pm
- Art Walk – Tour Houston’s Premier Design Show Fine Art Dealer booths in a small group with local art expert Sarah Foltz | 4pm
Saturday, December 2, 2017
- Art Walk with Anne Lamkin Kinder & a tour of selected works led by art consultant Sara Cain (sold out) | 10am
- Speaker Luncheon with Bobby Sue Smith, the McAlpine Group (Bobby McAlpine, Susan Ferrier, Ray Booth, and David Baker), and moderator Margot Shaw | 11:30am to 1pm
- Designer Walk with Amy Kummer (sold out) | 1pm
- Design Panel with Bill Curtis and Russell Windham, Bailey McCarthy, Suzanne Longley, and moderator Margot Shaw | 2pm to 3:15pm
- Designer Walk with Bill Stubbs | 4pm
Sunday, December 3, 2017
- Mother/Daughter Brunch with Anton Disclafani | 11am
- Design Panel with Paloma Contreras, Lindsey Herod, Ben Johnston, Hallie Henley Sims, and moderator Sarah Eilers | 1:30pm to 2:45pm
About Theta Design Weekend
In its former life as the Theta Charity Antiques Show, Theta Design Weekend has raised more than $7 million dollars since its inception donating hundreds of thousands of dollars annually to deserving Texas charities.
Funds raised from this year’s Theta Design Weekend will support Texas Children’s Cancer Center, Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens/Museum of Fine Arts Houston, Child Advocates, the Kappa Alpha Theta Foundation, Yellowstone Academy, The Jung Center, WorkFaith Connection, TIRR Foundation, Crime Stoppers of Houston, and River Oaks Chamber Orchestra.
The Weekend is run by more than 20 committee chairs and 200 volunteers of the Houston Kappa Alpha Theta alumnae chapter, all working with one another to bring the event together.
Theta Design Weekend at GRB Convention Center
- Dates: Friday, December 1 through Sunday, December 3, 2017
- Times: Thursday, November 30 VIP Champagne Reception from 6pm to 7pm and Preview Party at 7pm; Friday, December 1 and Saturday, December 2 from 10am to 6pm; Sunday, December 3 from 11am to 5pm.
- Location: 1001 Avenida De Las Americas, Houston, TX 77010
- Parking: Paid lot and street parking is available in the surrounding area
- Admission: Tickets for general admission 3-day passes are $20 in advance; $25 at the door, and includes complimentary admission to Design Panels (selected during checkout). Tickets for the Preview Party, Designer Walks, Speaker Luncheons, Art Walk, Mother/Daughter Brunch all vary in price. Click here for a complete schedule, list of ticket packages, and prices. Click here to apply to be an exhibitor. Click here to donate or sponsor the event.
This story was sponsored by Theta Design Weekend. Per our sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from businesses that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, resource, or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.