Make the most of your week with our top 12 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, November 20 to Sunday, November 26, 2017.
Also in November 2017
Happening This Week
Top 12 Things to Do with Kids Thanksgiving Week in Houston
- Hello Trees! at Discovery Green | Daily | FREE –Stroll through Discovery Green’s temporary art installation Hello Trees! and watch/listen as your voice message is transformed into light and music.
- Time Warp Tuesdays at Discovery Green | Tuesday, November 21 – Skate to the tunes of decades past, whether it be the ’60s or the ’80s, during Time Warp Tuesdays in The ICE at Discovery Green. Each week will have a different theme and costumes are encouraged. Tickets are $14. 7pm to 9pm.
- Thanksgiving with Santa at Children’s Museum of Houston | Wednesday, November 22 –The Children’s Museum of Houston hosts their 12th Annual Thanksgiving with Santa where you can participate in plenty of holiday activities and even snap a pic with Santa himself. Included with general admission to the museum. All day.
- TXU Energy BakerRipley Turkey Trot at The Plaza on Richmond – Run in the 25th Annual Turkey Trot benefitting BakerRipley before you stuff your face with turkey and pie. Registration starts at $15. 7am.
- 68th Annual Houston Thanksgiving Parade in Downtown | Thursday, November 23 | FREE – Get into the holiday spirit at the 68th Annual Houston Thanksgiving Day parade, a stunning showcase of sensational floats, high-flying balloons, marching bands, artistic entries, and live entertainment in the streets of Downtown. 9am.
- Professor Hughdini Magic Show at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Friday, November 24 – Professor Hughdini brings his dazzling magic show to The Woodland’s Children’s Museum. Included with general admission to the museum. 10am to 5pm.
- Young Writers Workshop at Discovery Green | Saturday, November 15 | FREE – Writers in the Schools and the Houston Public Library Express offer a free writing workshop for students in 2nd through 8th grade at Discovery Green park. Limited to 25 students per workshop. 10:30am to 11:30am.
- Unicorn Day at Children’s Museum of Houston | Saturday, November 25 – Celebrate all things sparkly and magical with unicorn-themed arts and crafts and other activities at the Children’s Museum of Houston. Included with general admission to the museum. 11am.
- Holiday Tree Lighting at Hendley Green | Saturday, November 25 | FREE– Hendley Green in Galveston hosts their Holiday Tree Lighting, a festive fun-filled day featuring a visit from Santa, games, craft beer and more for the whole family to enjoy. 2pm to 7pm.
- Skate with Santa and Storybook Stars at Discovery Green | Saturday, November 25 – Bring your little elves to The ICE skating rink at Discovery Green park to skate with Santa Claus. Tickets are $14 per person. 5pm to 6pm.
- Jingle & Mingle on The Square at Memorial City | Saturday, November 25 | FREE – Be merry and get in the holiday spirit by listening and dancing to live music with Memorial City’s giant reindeer and a special snowfall. 6pm.
- Photos with Santa at Sugar Land Town Square | Sunday, November 26 | FREE – Bring the kids to Sugar Land Town Square and snap a free holiday photo with Santa and Mrs. Claus. They will also be collecting new and unwrapped toys for the Fort Bend Rainbow Room’s Christmas Project. 1pm to 5pm.
Be sure to subscribe to 365 Things to Do in Houston’s free daily emails and Weekend Guide emails and get a round-up of great things to do in Houston in your in-box every week.