Celebrate and sample more than 400 specialty and hard-to-find brews at the BrewMasters Craft Beer Festival at Galveston’s Moody Gardens on Thanksgiving Weekend, Friday, November 24 through Sunday, November 26, 2017.
Originally scheduled for Labor Day Weekend and moved due to Hurricane Harvey, the event has been hailed as the third “Best Beer Festival in America” by USA Today‘s 10Best.
Headquartered at Moody Gardens, BrewMasters spans three days and is packed with a number of craft beer events, including a pub crawl, Brew-B-Que presented by Stubb’s Bar-B-Que, and the main event, the BrewHaHa Grand Tasting.
Tickets for Individual Events or a Three-Day Weekender Past
Tickets are available for individual events, or the devoted can opt for The Weekender ticket package, which includes a three-day pass, VIP access to the BrewHaHa Grand Tasting, and an official BrewMasters hat for $165. Click here to order tickets.
2017 Schedule of Events
Friday, November 24, 2017
- Nach-Yo Ordinary Tequila Tasting – As the adage says, “Liquor before beer.” Texans love their fine tequilas, and what better way to kick of a craft beer weekend, than with your pick of four tequila tastings and a gourmet nacho bar. $30 in advance; $35 at the door. 7pm to 10pm.
- Brewmasters Friday Night Pub Crawl – Hop on board a festive party bus for a pub crawl exploring some of Galveston’s trendiest bars. At each featured stop, beer experts (dubbed “Brew Brains”) will be on-hand to answer questions and talk beer. $25 in advance; $30 at the door if any spots remain. Departs Moody Gardens at precisely 8pm.
Saturday, November 25, 2017
- BrewHaHa Grand Tasting – BrewMasters Craft Beer Festival’s big event offers patrons the chance to sample some of the best brews in the world. Held in the Moody Gardens Expo Arena, this grand tasting showcases more than 400 craft and specialty brews. Many featured beers will be offered for public tasting for the very first time. For those who prefer their drinks with stems, there will also be a Wine Escape featuring selected wine samplings. There will also be multiple beer seminars on the Beer University Seminar Stage. $35 in advance; $40 at the door; $85 VIP gets you an earlier entrance. $15 in advance for designated drivers; $20 at the door. 3pm to 6:30pm.
Sunday, November 26, 2017
- Brew-B-Que presented by Stubb’s Bar-B-Que – Smack your lips with Texas style foods and live music. Diners can choose two meats (ribs, brisket, or sausage) and choose two sides (potato salad, barbecue beans or cole slaw) prepared by Chef Ara Malekian from Harlem Road TX BBQ. Admission includes a punch card good for six 2-oz beer samples, live music, and the option to purchase a full beer. $23 in advance with barbecue plate; $8 without. $30 at the door with plate; $10 without. 11am to 3:30pm.
More than 75 breweries will be onsite for the tasting event, including local heavy weights and favorites from across Texas and the United States.
New breweries are constantly being added. Click here to see a full list of participating breweries for 2017.
8th Annual BrewMasters Craft Beer Festival
- Dates: Friday, November 24 through Sunday, November 26, 2017
- Times: Individual event times vary, listed above.
- Location: Moody Gardens Convention Center, Galveston, TX 77554
- Admission: Individual events each have their own admission prices, listed above. The Weekender ticket package includes a three-day pass, VIP access to the BrewHaHa Grand Tasting, and an official BrewMasters 2017 hat for $165. Click here to order tickets or for more information.
This article was sponsored by Brewmasters Craft Beer Festival. Per our advertising and sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from organizations that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, event, resource or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Advertising revenue helps support 365 Things to Do in Houston, and our contributors, allowing us to expand our coverage of activities and events around the Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.