In our Where to Happy Hour series, we search Houston’s vast array of neighborhoods for the very best libations.
A little over 20 miles north of Downtown, Spring mixes old town charm with a suburban feel, boasting quaint streets and shops, pick-your-own farms and fun attractions, and plenty of restaurants and bars at which to imbibe on the cheap.
Note: For the purposes of this list, Spring is defined as the area covered in this map, plus those surrounding neighborhoods that share the Spring address.
Where to Happy Hour in Spring
- Envy Wine Room – Hit up Wine Wednesday at this sip and shop wine bar in Old Town Spring. Each Wednesday, the boutique offers wine flights featuring new wines for just $5 (free for members). And check out the calendar for a lineup of special wine tastings and dinners. Wednesday 4pm to 7pm. Click here for directions.
- Hop Scholar Ale House – With 47 rotating taps including two cask selections, this ale house is the perfect pitstop for tap hunters and craft beer nerds. Get $1 off all draught beers from open to 5pm on weekdays. Monday through Wednesday 3pm to 5pm; Thursday and Friday 2pm to 5pm. Click here for directions.
- Howie’s Tiki – Let your worries drift away with expertly crafted Hawaiian-style drinks at this laidback tiki hangout. Happy hour specials are offered every day: get half-price Mai Tais on Mondays, half-price Navy Grog on Tuesdays, half-price Witch Doctors on Wednesdays, half-price margaritas on Thursdays; and $9 Painkillers and Zombies on Fridays. Saturdays and Sundays offer half-price beer all day. Monday through Friday beginning at 4pm; Saturday and Sunday all day. Click here for directions.
- Tapped DraftHouse & Kitchen – With Monday Wing Night and weekday happy hour, this draft house is known to draw a crowd. Stop in for $1-off drafts and wines by the glass, $2-off salads and appetizers like mozzarella sticks and buffalo bacon mac & cheese, and $3-off 12-inch pizzas. Monday through Friday 11am to 6pm. Click here for directions.
- Other great options – Laissez les bon temps roulez! at this Razzoo’s Cajun Café; catch country night every Wednesday at Crescent Moon Live; check out specials like Thursday Steak Night and Sunday Bloodys at Moosenuckles Bar; sip happy hour margs alongside cantina nachos at Gringo’s Mexican Kitchen; get $5 wine tastings on Thursdays at 5pm at The Black Sheep Bistro; and look out for specials like Burger Night and Whiskey Wednesdays at The Twisted Monkey or half-price Wing Fridays and Taco Tuesday at Stadium Bar & Grill.