Take advantage of free museum entry for military servicemen and women at the National Museum of Funeral History’s (NMFH) Veterans Appreciation Week from Friday, November 10 through Friday, November 17, 2017.
In honor of Veterans Day, the National Museum of Funeral History is giving back to past and active military by offering free general admission to veterans and active military servicemen and women for an entire week.
The Museum features several exhibits that pay tribute to those who have so bravely served and given their life for our country, including the 9/11 and Fallen Heroes Tribute, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, and Reflections on the Wall, a photography exhibit on the dedication of the Vietnam Memorial, as well as an exhibit on military funeral traditions.
Click here for a complete list of exhibits at the National Museum of Funeral History.
About the National Museum of Funeral History
The National Museum of Funeral History houses the country’s largest collection of funeral service artifacts and features renowned exhibits on one of man’s oldest cultural customs.
Visitors can discover the mourning rituals of ancient civilizations, see up-close the authentic items used in the funerals of U.S. Presidents and Popes and explore the rich heritage of the industry – which cares for the dead.
Veterans Appreciation Week at NMFH
- Dates: Friday, November 10 through Friday, November 17, 2017
- Times: Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm; Saturday 10am to 5pm; Sunday noon to 5pm
- Location: National Museum of Funeral History, 415 Barren Springs Drive, Houston, TX 77090
- Parking: Free parking available onsite
- Admission: Veterans and active military servicemen and women receive free entry throughout the week. General admission for all other adults and children 12 and older is $10; $9 for seniors and veterans; $7 for children 6 to 11; free for children 5 and under. Click here for more museum information or to purchase advance tickets.
This article was sponsored by the National Museum of Funeral History. Per our advertising and sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from organizations that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, event, resource or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.