Make the most of your month with our list of 15 favorite events and happenings in Houston during November 2017.
Also in November 2017
Happening This Week
Nightlife in Houston This Week
Texas fall is in full swing, and we know you can’t wait to Feast with the Beasts, dress up and head to the Renaissance Festival, see Jay-Z perform live, shop till you drop at the Nutcracker Market, experience the Via Colori Street Painting Festival, bounce all the way through the Great Inflatable Race and more at these can’t-miss events in Houston this November.
Events are not ranked, but are listed in chronological order throughout the month of November.
Top 15 Things to Do in Houston This Month: November 2017
- Feast with the Beasts at the Houston Zoo | Friday, November 3 – Big Bad Voodoo Daddy will headline this year’s Feast with the Beasts fundraiser at the Houston Zoo, where guests wine and dine with the best from more than 60 local restaurants. VIP tickets will get you in early with special animal experiences and an open bar.
- Zombie Charge 5k in Richmond | Saturday, November 4 – Sign up to be a zombie or run as fast as you can away from them in this 5k, and then mingle in the safe zone with music, food, and drinks at Tanks Paintball.
- Houston Texans vs Indianapolis Colts at NRG Stadium | Sunday, November 5 – Watch the Houston Texans play against their division rivals, the Colts, on their home turf at NRG.
- Texas Renaissance Festival in Todd Mission | Weekends through Sunday, November 26 – Calling all lords and ladies to the far north for the Texas Renaissance Festival. Enter the village gates for shopping, entertainment, wine tasting, and a feast fit for a King. This weekend is the Barbarian Invasion.
- Jay-Z in Concert at Toyota Center | Wednesday, November 8 – Jay-Z will take the stage with rapper Vic Mensa as part of the 4:44 Tour, supporting Jay-Z’s thirteenth album 4:44 at Toyota Center.
- Iron Sommelier at The Houstonian | Thursday, November 9 – Sip on wine while mingling with some of Houston’s best sommeliers, who will show off their knowledge in this competition for the title of Iron Sommelier. Proceeds from the event benefit The Periwinkle Foundation.
- Houston Rockets vs. Cleveland Cavaliers at Toyota Center | Thursday, November 9 – The Rockets will be tested in this tough game against LeBron and the Cavs. Get your tickets, wear your red, and get loud at Toyota Center.
- Nutcracker Market at NRG Center | Thursday, November 9 to Sunday, November 12 – Shop till you drop during this annual market hosted by the Houston Ballet. With everything from specialty foods, decor, vintage goods, gifts, clothing, and jewelry, you’ll find something for everyone on your list.
- Houston Cinema Arts Festival at Venues Around Houston | Thursday, November 9 to Monday, November 13 – The Houston Cinema Arts Festival brings more than 50 films, along with filmmakers and directors to Houston for a week of screenings and discussions at venues like MFAH, Aurora Picture Show, Rice Media Center and more.
- Fried Chicken Throwdown at Field & Tides | Tuesday, November 14 – Nosh on samples of fried chicken from former Hunky-Dory chef Richard Knight and Field & Tides chef Travis Lenig while sipping on cocktails at this throwdown.
- Enrique Iglesias with Pitbull in Concert at Toyota Center | Thursday, November 16 – Dance all night to hits like “Hero”, “Fireball”, and “We Are One” at this energetic show from Enrique Iglesias and Pitbull as part of their tour at Toyota Center.
- Winter Holiday Art Market at Winter Street Studios | Friday, November 17 to Sunday, November 19 – Shop creations from more than 90 local artists all in one place at Fresh Arts’ annual two-day Winter Holiday Art Market with an ugly sweater preview party on Friday. WHAM will feature a bar, artist demonstrations, photo booth and more.
- Via Colori Street Painting Festival at Hermann Square | Saturday, November 18 and Sunday, November 19 – More than 200 artists will come together for the Via Colori Festival, featuring live music, family zones, chalk games, wine lounge, speed painting, 3D art, and street painting.
- WWE at Toyota Center | Saturday, November 18 through Tuesday, November 21 – WWE brings a series of events to Toyota Center, with four-days of wrestling, including NXT Takeover: Wargames, Survivor Series, WWE RAW, and WWE Smackdown. Tickets start at $20, but you may be able to find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork online market. Times vary per event.
- The Great Inflatable Race at Sam Houston Race Park | Saturday, November 18 – Jump, bounce, slide, and run as you find your way through this inflatable obstacle course at Sam Houston Race Park.
Be sure to subscribe to our free daily updates and weekend guide emails and receive our picks for great things to do in Houston in your inbox daily or once a week.
Click here to sign up.