In our Where to Happy Hour series, we search Houston’s vast array of neighborhoods for the very best libations.
Bellaire may not be the largest neighborhood, but with a beautiful new park and a number of local hangouts, this residential district makes for a choice happy hour spot.
Note: For the purposes of this list, Bellaire is bound by Weslayan/Stella Link to the east, Hillcroft to the west, I-69 to the north and North Braeswood/Beechnut to the south.
Where to Happy Hour in Bellaire
- Enoteca Rossa – Hit this rustic-chic Italian restaurant and wine bar to indulge in any pizza—from the Fungi with black truffle crème to the Diavola with prosciutto crudo and Calabrian chile—along with a bottle of wine for $20. Monday through Friday 3pm to 6pm. Click here for directions.
- Genesis Steakhouse & Wine Bar – Sip proseccos, jalapeño martinis, and local beers alongside pastrami deviled eggs, snapper ceviche, and short rib tacos at this kosher steakhouse and bar. Monday through Thursday 4pm to 7pm. Saturday 9pm to close. Click here for directions.
- Little Woodow’s Bellaire – This local sports bar and hangout offers cheap happy hour brews (50-cent off pints; $16.25 domestic buckets) during the weekdays, plus a variety of daily specials. Look out for deals like Monday’s Texas Beers, featuring $3.75 Texas bottles and drafts; or Thursday’s Steak and Tanker Night, featuring $6 34-ounce domestics and fresh-from-the-grill steaks. Monday through Friday noon to 7pm. Click here for directions.
- Molina’s Cantina – Hit this Tex-Mex titan for free chips and queso at the bar during happy hour, plus discounted frozen and rocks margaritas and $3 to $3.75 beers. Monday through Friday 2pm to 7pm. Click here for directions.
- The Union Kitchen Bellaire – Join good friends and have good times with $3 domestic bottles, $5 well liquor, $5 social hour wine, and half-off all small plates, including items like stuffed mushrooms, crab Napoleon, Frito pie mac & cheese, and shrimp and crab bites. Monday through Friday 3pm to 6pm; Wednesday all day. Click here for directions.
- Other great options – Unwind at the beautiful Evelyn’s Park; then unwind even further with drinks and bites at onsite cafe The Ivy & James; take down green chile cheese fries and bacon burgers alongside local suds and wine at Bernie’s Burger Bus; and sip sake alongside daily happy hour bites at Samurai Japanese Steak & Sushi.