Be front and center for some of the most important games and sports events in Houston during November 2017.
Also in November 2017
Happening This Week
The weather might be cooling down in November, but sports around Houston are heating up with the Rockets and Texans in full swing.
Cooler weather also means that the season for a lot of outdoor events is upon us. November brings the opportunities to join in on fun runs and obstacle courses all over town.
Top 10 Games & Sports Events This Month: November 2017
- Zombie Charge 5K Mud Run & Festival at Tank’s Paintball Park | Saturday, November 4 – Halloween may be over but don’t put that zombie costume away just yet! The Zombie Charge 5K is here, featuring a course complete with obstacles, trails, mud, swamps, and a zombie infestation. “Survivors” run the course, protecting a belt of flags around their waist from the horde of zombies looking to take them down. If you’re feeling the spirit of the undead, then opt for a “Zombie” registration and chase down runners complete with a professional makeover. Individual registration runs $69 for Survivors, $39 for Zombies and includes a post-race party. 9am.
- The 16th Annual Rockets Run at Toyota Center | Saturday, November 4 – Marking the beginning of the season, the annual Rockets Run invites runners of all ages to participate in an event benefiting Children’s Memorial Hospital. Registration for the 2-mile walk, 5K, and Kids’ 1K are available for $50 at the Toyota Center box office on the day of the race, beginning at 6:30am. The Kids’ 1K will kick off the event at 7:30am.
- Houston Texans vs. Indianapolis Colts at NRG Stadium | Sunday, November 5 – The Texans haven’t been able to escape the injury bug this year but rookie quarterback Deshaun Watson has been lighting up the box score ever since he earned the starting job. Come out to see the Texans take on division rivals from Indianapolis on Sunday afternoon. Tickets for the game are available from $50 to over $400, but cheaper and better tickets may be found on TicketNetwork’s resale market. Noon.
- Houston Rockets vs. Cleveland Cavaliers at Toyota Center | Thursday, November 9 – After opening the season with a tight win over the defending champion Warriors, the Rockets have another early season test against LeBron James and the retooled Cleveland Cavaliers. Sure to be a sell-out, this game will be rocking for the Rockets and you shouldn’t hesitate to pick up tickets. Tickets start at $72, but you might find better, cheaper tickets on the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm
- Run in the Park at Hermann Park | Saturday, November 11 – The Hermann Park Conservancy hosts its 14th annual fun run around one of Houston’s premier parks. With a 5K run/walk, 3k walk, and 1K Kids’ Fun Run on tap, you’re sure to find an event that works for you. A post-race party with music, food, drinks, and activities awaits in Molly Ann Smith Plaza. Registration is $30. Festivities are set to kickoff at 8am.
- The Great Inflatable Race at Sam Houston Race Park | Saturday, November 18 – An obstacle course like you’ve never seen before, the Great Inflatable Race send runners through a series of giant inflatables designed to bounce, bump, and slide you all over. Head over to their website to see what obstacles await you and sign up for one of five different start times. Registration is $75; $90 for a VIP pass. First wave begins at 9am.
- Houston Texans vs. Arizona Cardinals at NRG Stadium | Sunday, November 19 – The Cardinals are off to a similar start as the Texans this season and visit Houston just before Thanksgiving. With the help of the dazzling rookie quarterback, Deshaun Watson, the Texans will be poised for a playoff push heading into December. Tickets range from $45 to over $375 but you might be able to find cheaper, hard-to-find tickets on TicketNetwork’s online market. Noon.
- WWE at Toyota Center | Saturday, November 18 through Tuesday, November 21 – World Wrestling Entertainment returns to Houston with a four-day slate of events, including NXT Takeover: Wargames, Survivor Series, WWE RAW, and WWE Smackdown, which should excite any squared circle fan. Tickets are available for each individual event and range from $20 to $300. You may be able to find better, cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork online market. Times vary per event.
- Houston Rockets vs. Denver Nuggets at Toyota Center | Wednesday, November 22 – A young and exciting Denver team comes to Houston this month to face James Harden, Chris Paul, and the Rockets. A weeknight game, this makes for one of the best values of November to catch your hometown team. Tickets start at $17, but you might find better seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Brooklyn Nets at Toyota Center | Monday, November 27 – Former Rocket Jeremy Lin might be out for the season, but his team from Brooklyn can still entertain thanks to point guard D’Angelo Russell. On a Monday night, it’s hard to beat the price to catch the high-flying Rockets. Tickets start at $17 but cheaper, hard-to-find seats might be available on the TicketNetwork resale market. 7pm.
Be sure to subscribe to our free daily updates and weekend guide emails and receive our picks for great things to do in Houston in your inbox daily or once a week.
Click here to sign up.