Start a new holiday tradition with family and friends by joining the TXU Energy BakerRipley Houston Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 23, 2017.
Start Thanksgiving Day off on the right foot by running, walking, or trotting in Houston’s annual Turkey Trot to support BakerRipley – Texas’ largest community development organization.
More than 20,000 people are expected to come out, build up an appetite, and give back to help Houston and their fellow Houstonians.
On Your Mark, Get Set, Gobble
Due to construction on Post Oak, this year’s routes look a little different.
The Philiips 66 10k begins at the Plaza on Richmond shopping center (home to Spec’s, Golf Galaxy, 24 Hour Fitness and other retail landmarks). Like the original Mayflower pilgrims, trotters will head west and pass Dunvale. Unlike our forefathers, they’ll then turn back and head east, completing the loop at Sage and Richmond.
The 5k race starts at the same spot on Richmond. But it heads west and turns left on Sage, following Westpark to Weslayan. There it turns around and returns down Westpark to Post Oak, finishing at Richmond.
Click here or the map below for more route and course information.
Participating runners can compete for the fastest time, or stroll at a slower pace with an untimed registration. Wheelchairs and strollers are welcome and there’s a 1k run for kids 12 and under, where every finisher goes home with a medal.
Want to take it easy on Thanksgiving Day instead? Sign up for sleep-in registration and you’ll be donating to a good cause without having to change out of your pjs.
Formerly known as Neighborhood Centers, BakerRipley is a 110-year old, Houston-based non-profit organization. It connects low-income families and individuals to opportunities that strengthen community engagement, improve financial well-being, and increase educational attainment.
TXU Energy BakerRipley Houston Turkey Trot in Uptown
- Date: Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 23, 2017
- Time: 7am to noon. wheelchair race at 7:20am; 10k at 7:30am; 5k at 8am; kids run at 9am.
- Location: The Plaza on Richmond, 5130 Richmond Avenue, Houston, TX 77056
- Parking: Onsite parking available for free in the orange parking lot near the Westin Galleria. Free parking is also available in the Best Buy, Cost Plus, TJ Maxx, Old Navy and Container Store parking lots.
- Registration: $35 for the 10k, 10k wheelchair, 5k and 5k wheelchair timed; $30 for the 10k and 5k untimed; $35 for the sleep-in registration; $15 ages 70 and older; $15 kids 1k for 12 and under. Click here to register.
This content was sponsored by BakerRipley. Per our sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from businesses that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, resource, or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.