Make the most of your week with our top 15 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, October 23 to Sunday, October 29, 2017.
Also Happening This Week
Also in October 2017
Trick or treat at Halloween events around town, go to one of the many concerts, wear your red and scream for the Rockets, enjoy a Tex-Mex and beer pairing dinner, check out local art, rage at an EDM festival, and more happening this week in Houston.
Top 15 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Halloween Events and Parties Around Houston | Daily – Get spooked at events all weekend long, including Fanatical Change’s Carnival Freak Show, STEAMpunk fun at the Health Museum, Hotel Galvez Ghost Tour Dinners in Galveston, the HMNS Spirits & Skeletons party, Zoo Boo and Scream on the Green. Times, locations and prices vary.
- Houston Rockets vs Memphis Grizzlies at Toyota Center | Monday, October 23 – Get loud for the Rockets when they hit the court to play the Grizzlies at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $20, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- Houston Astros vs L.A. Dodgers in the 2017 World Series: Viewing Parties & Home Games | Starting Tuesday, October 24 – Cheer on the Astros to #EarnHistory as they battle the Dodgers at home and abroad (not Texas). Street festivals at Minute Maid Park precede all games, with free game viewings for away games and pricey tickets for home games. The first team to make it to four wins the series and the title 2017 MLB World Champions. Help Houston win. Dates and times vary slightly, but most start just after 7pm. First run tickets are sold out, but you can still find hard-to-get tickets on TicketNetwork’s resale market.
- Bruno Mars in Concert at Toyota Center | Tuesday, October 24 – Bruno Mars will bring his smooth sound and highly entertaining performances to Toyota Center as part of his 24K Magic World Tour. Tickets start at $85, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- 8th Wonder Beer Dinner at the Original Ninfa’s on Navigation | Wednesday, October 25 – Join Chef Alex Padilla at the Original Ninfa’s for a cocktail reception followed by a five-course Tex-Mex dinner paired with beers from 8th Wonder Brewery. The cost of the dinner is $78. 6:30pm to 9pm.
- Halsey in Concert at Toyota Center | Wednesday, October 25 – Electro-pop sensation Halsey will perform hits like “Now Or Never” and “Bad at Love” on her Hopeless Fountain Kingdom World Tour at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $29.50, but a limited number of better seats are discounted starting at $25. 7pm.
- Houston Culinary Stars at the Houston Chronicle Event Center | Thursday, October 26 – Sample creations from the top 100 restaurants in Houston, as ranked by the Houston Chronicle, at this annual culinary event. Tickets start at $100. 6:30pm to 9pm.
- Chris Stapleton in Concert at The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Friday, October 27 – Get your tickets to see award-winning country star Chris Stapleton perform in The Woodlands as part of his All American Road Show Tour. Tickets start at $30.75. 7pm.
- Brazilian Food & Music Festival at The Wildcatter Saloon | Saturday, October 28 – Soak up Brazilian culture through authentic food, drink, and music at this festival in Katy. $5. 11am to 7pm.
- Artumn Fest 2017 at CityCentre | Saturday, October 28 – Painters, illustrators, hand-makers, designers, and other artists will showcase their work for you to shop at this experiential festival at CityCentre. Be ready to snap an Instagram pic against one of the artistic backdrops. Noon to 7pm.
- Flying Saucer’s BeerFeast at Sugar Land Town Square | Saturday, October 28 – Gather under the tent at Sugar Land’s Town Square to sample more than 100 craft beers at the Flying Saucer’s sixth annual BeerFeast. Tickets start at $35. 2pm to 6:30pm.
- Spirits & Skeletons at Houston Museum of Natural Science | Saturday, October 28 – The annual costume party at HMNS is back with food trucks, drinks, and music from The Space Rockers, after hours at the museum. Tickets are $50. 8pm.
- Something Wicked Festival at Sam Houston Race Park | Saturday, October 28 and Sunday, October 29 – Dance all night at this two-day EDM festival featuring artists like Tiesto, Above and Beyond, Marshmello, RL Grime and more at Sam Houston Race Park. This year’s theme is The Asylum. Tickets start at $99.95. Saturday 3pm to 2am; Sunday 3pm to 10pm.
- Pumpkinator Vertical Tasting at Saint Arnold Brewery | Sunday, October 29 – Sample Saint Arnold’s aged Pumpkinator brews from over the years in this side-by-side tasting at the brewery. $20. 11am to 3pm.
- Bollywood Blast: The Bollywood Bachelor at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Sunday, October 29 | FREE – Take your seat for this lively performance with various dances, songs, and beautiful costumes as an Indian bachelor goes on a search for his wife. 7pm.
You can also search our interactive event calendar by date, location, and category.