Bump, set, and spike at any one of these bars or open-air venues while playing outdoor sand volleyball around Houston.
While you can always start up a game of sand volleyball at parks like Buffalo Bayou or Memorial, it’s also fun try out a competitive sports complex or hit the sand and cool off with a few beers at a local bar.
Check out some of our favorite bars and venues to serve in the open-air around Houston.
7 Great Spots for Outdoor Sand Volleyball in Houston
- HTX Sports Creek – EaDo has gotten even cooler with the addition of this fun and vibrant sports venue, which offers three professional sand volleyball courts in addition to blue turf soccer and a bar serving beer and wine. Sports Creek offers in-house leagues alongside leagues from Sports Monkey and Gus Leagues with open play available on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. Click here for directions.
- Sideout VolleyBar – Just north of Downtown and directly across from White Oak Music Hall and The Raven Tower, this totally rad spot boasts a full-service sports bar and three lit outdoor beach volleyball courts. Locals are invited to catch some rays and enjoy open play, tournaments and private events alongside food trucks, flatscreens, bocce ball, and life-sized bar games like Jenga, Connect Four, and even chess. Book a court for $40 per hour. Click here for directions.
- Third Coast Volleyball – This popular Westside beach volleyball club hosts top-level tournaments and rocks 10 lighted white sand volleyball courts, plus a clubhouse with satellite tvs, bar, gazebo, and shaded deck. Courts are available for open play on Monday through Thursday from 4:30pm to 6:30pm for $4 per person; Friday from 5:30pm to midnight for $6 per person; and on Sundays from 11am to 9pm for $6 per person and $3 per spectator. The club is open on Saturdays for special events, private parties, and tournaments. Click here for directions.
- Wakefield Crowbar – Located between Garden Oaks and Oak Forest, this sports pub and grill is known for sand volleyball, cheap suds, and fun. Reserve one of the sand volleyball courts for $50 per hour, sign up for a league, look out for cool tournaments, and check out daily specials like Monday Burger Night, Tuesday Steak Night, and Poker Wednesdays. Click here for directions.
- Swanny’s Bar & Grill – Just northwest of the Beltway, this bar and grill offers 2 sand volleyball courts and co-ed leagues that are meant to be fun. The spot also rocks a large sports field, stocked fishing pond, ping pong, playground with covered sandbox, big screen televisions, shuffleboard and pool table, and a full patio bar. Look out for live music on the weekends and open mic night on Tuesdays. Click here for directions.
- Houston Sportsplex – Bump, set, and spike at this top-notch sports complex, which boasts eight premiere sand courts with lighting and 18 to 24 inches of white bleached sand. The sportsplex offers adult leagues, corporate leagues, a junior beach program, tournaments, and even corporate rentals. Click here for directions.
- District 249 – Over in Tomball, District 249 is a sports bar and grill with over 60 beers on tap, 60 big screen televisions, a stage for live music and karaoke, a 5,000 square foot covered deck and 9 full-size volleyball courts. Register for two-, four- and six-person coed leagues, available on Tuesdays through Thursdays and with Sunday leagues coming soon. And don’t miss fun specials like Taco Tuesdays, karaoke Wednesdays, and power happy hour. Click here for directions.