Show off your costumes at the many sweet and a few maybe scary family-friendly Halloween events around Houston in 2017.
Help your kids with their face paint, makeup, costumes, masks and wigs and then take them out to trick-or-treat or walk with them through a haunted house in celebration of the scariest holiday of the year. Whether you’re looking for tricks or treats, these spooky events in Houston are fun for the whole family.
If you’re looking for a 21 and over experience, check out our collection of Halloween events, parties, pub crawls, festivals and pop-ups for adults.
Kid-Friendly Halloween 2017 Events in Houston
- Zoo Boo at the Houston Zoo | Friday and Saturday – Bring your little pumpkins to the Zoo for photos in the pumpkin patch, trick-or-treating, costume parades and more. Entrance to Zoo Boo is included with Zoo admission. Friday 9am to 1pm; Saturday 9am to 4pm.
- Pumpkin Patch at Market Street in The Woodlands | Friday and Saturday | FREE – Enjoy this much-loved family tradition and visit this pumpkin patch in The Woodlands to pick a pumpkin or to capture an adorable photo. 10am to 9pm.
- Frightening Forest Tours at Aunique Gypsy Horse Ranch | Friday and Saturday – At dusk (gates open at 6pm) take a ride on the Magical Wizard Wagon (JLP Carriage Company) or the Conjuring Caravan (Kubota pulling Trailer) to visit the Frightening Forest. Witches, ghosts, skeletons, and fearful woodland creatures will be waiting for your tour. Prices vary per activity and registration must be made in advance. 6pm both evenings.
- Haunted House at The Museum of Natural Science Sugar Land | Friday and Saturday – The Museum of Natural Science in Sugar Land stays open after hours for their annual family-friendly Haunted House. This event is best for children ages 7 years and up. Tickets are $5 for members; $10 for non-members. 7pm to 10pm both nights.
Friday, October 27, 2017
- Tailgate Trick or Treat at Weekley Family YMCA | FREE – Kids can go trick-or-treating for healthy snacks and prizes, explore a haunted house or a toddler fun house, join Halloween activities, and more. 6pm to 9pm.
- Scream on the Green at Discovery Green | FREE – Have a spooky good time at this costume contest and Halloween celebration for the whole family at Discovery Green. There will be prizes, a movie, music, games and more. 6pm to 10pm.
- Not So Haunted House Party at Kid ‘N Play Indoor Play Center – The Kid ‘N Play Indoor Play Center in Pearland hosts their 2nd Annual Not So Haunted House Party with activities such as face painting, live DJs, games, crafts, trick or treating, and a costume contest. Tickets are $12 for presale and $15 in advance. 6pm to 9pm.
- Haute Halloween: A Dueling Piano Experience at Sugar Land Town Square | FREE – Let Felix and Fingers Dueling Pianos entertain you with an interactive, all request, laugh out loud show for all ages at Sugar Land Town Square. 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
Saturday, October 28, 2017
- Scarecrow Festival at The Pasadena Convention Center | FREE – Bring the whole family for a fun-filled day of DIY classes, shopping, food, face painting, a kids craft area, and entertainment at The Pasadena Convention Center. 9am to 5pm.
- Slime Off Workshop at Children’s Museum of Houston – Learn the science behind ooey gooey slime and then make your very own at this workshop at the Children’s Museum of Houston. Tickets are $5 in addition to the general museum admission. There will be a class every hour on the hour except at 1pm. 10am to 5pm.
- 10th Annual Halloween Car Show at the NMFH – The Halloween Car Show gathers of over 150 cars, ranging from classic to contemporary, decked out in spooky décor for a day of family-friendly Halloween fun. Visitors can explore the show and participate in their costume contest while enjoying face painting, arts and crafts for the kids, food vendors, a live DJ, a silent auction and more. Tickets are $3 per person; $5 per couple/family. 10am to 3pm.
- Pumpkin Decorating at Mandell Park | FREE – Bring the kids to explore their creative side and decorate their very own Halloween pumpkin at Mandell Park. Supplies will be provided at the park. 10am to 11am.
- Tricks, Treats & T.Rex at The Museum of Natural Science Sugar Land – Take the family to The Museum of Natural Science in Sugar Land for their Tricks, Treats & T. Rex event featuring carnival games, trick or treating, a pumpkin patch, face painting, crafts, a costume contest and more. Tickets are $3 for members; $12 for children: $15 for adults. 10am to 1pm.
- Truck or Treat Halloween Family Food Festival in Conroe – The 2nd Annual family-friendly Truck or Treat festival will feature trick or treating, vendors, live music, adult beverages, and over 20 food trucks at Heritage Place Amphitheatre in Downtown Conroe. Tickets are $10. Noon to 1pm.
- Trail of Treats at Harvest Green | FREE – Eleven “spell-tacular” model homes will open their doors to trick-or-treaters — and their mummies and daddies — during this free event at 618 Vineyard Hollow Court. At each stop, there will be treats and activities, as well as a DJ and vendors offering even more sweet delights. Noon to 3pm.
- Halloween Party at Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier – Head to the Pleasure Pier in Galveston to enjoy the rides, a view of the ocean, and Halloween-themed activities including a costume contest and trick or treating for your little ghouls and boys. 3pm.
Sunday, October 29, 2017
- 17th Annual Boo Bash at Traders Village Houston | FREE – Throw on your best Halloween costume as Traders Village presents the 17th annual Boo Bash, a free spooktacular for the kids. This year’s Boo Bash will present continuous live musical entertainment, activities, and monster-sized trick-or-treating. This event is free, but parking is $4. 11am to 4pm.
- Who R U?: Children’s Costume Party at The Menil Collection – The Menil’s annual children’s Halloween fundraiser returns this fall with activities such as a petting zoo, camel rides, craft activities, and a rock-climbing wall. It will be an afternoon of fun for kids of all ages, and the young at heart. Ticket prices begin at $75 for members; $85 for non-members. 3pm to 5pm.
- Trick or Treat Trail at Town Green Park – Enjoy a fun-filled afternoon with the family at the annual Trick or Treat Trail at Town Green Park in The Woodlands. This event also includes entertainment, inflatables, games, costume contests and more. 3pm to 6pm.
- City of Sugar Land’s Halloween Town at Sugar Land Town Square | FREE – Bring your little witches, superheroes, princesses, and other creative characters to the family-friendly Halloween Town in Sugar Land. The fun will include a costume contest, special entertainment, activity stations, a pumpkin patch as well as food and beverages available for purchase. 4pm to 8pm.
Monday, October 30, 2017
- Fall Family Night at Chick-fil-A Baytown | FREE – Have the kiddos meet the Chick-fil-A cow and pick a pumpkin to decorate at the Chick-fil-A restaurant in Baytown. 5:30pm.
- Harry Potter Halloween Feast at Houston Food Bank – This Harry Potter-themed Halloween Feast consists of a short volunteer shift followed by carrot cake and other light bites, trivia and more at the Houston Food Bank. Volunteers are encouraged to dress up as their favorite Harry Potter character for the costume contest. Children ages 6 and over are welcome. $5 suggested donation. 6pm to 9pm.
Halloween, Tuesday, October 31, 2017
- SpookTacular at The Woodlands Children’s Museum – Bring the kids for a Halloween day filled with spooky games, experiments, entertainment and much more at The Woodlands Children’s Museum. Included with general admission to the museum. 10am to 5pm.
- Trick or Treat at the 1838 Menard House | FREE – Take the kiddos in costume as Galveston’s oldest residence, the 1838 Menard House, opens its gates for one night of ghostly fun. 5pm to 7pm.
- Halloween Trick or Treat at CityCentre | FREE – CityCentre offers children and parents the opportunity to prowl the district for tasty treasures during a district-wide trick-or-treat followed by a monster mash under the stars as a DJ spins tunes in the plaza. 5pm to 8pm.
- Monster Mash Halloween Spooktacular at Memorial City Mall | FREE – Get the kids dressed up in costume for the Monster Mash Halloween Spooktacular to enjoy trick or treating, a Beetlejuice DJ, arts and crafts and more. 5pm to 7pm.
- Ghosts & Grub at George Ranch Historical Park – The George Ranch Historical Park hosts a spooky Halloween-themed dinner and then afterward, a candlelight walking tour of the Park to hear ghost stories from the past and some of the ghostly encounters told by the staff over the years. Tickets are $20. 6:30pm to 10pm.