Put on your costume, pass out candy (or hoard it all for yourself) and then head out for a night on the town at one of the many parties happening in Houston for Halloween 2017.
Whether you’re looking to make your way through a terrifying haunted house, hop from bar to bar, have a cocktail with skeletons or go to an all-out costume ball, there are plenty of parties to let loose at this Halloween in Houston.
With the haunted holiday falling on a Tuesday this year, there’s no reason why Halloween 2017 can’t be the most jam-packed yet.
Featured Houston Halloween Parties
- Carnival Freak Show Halloween Bash at BBVA Compass Stadium | Friday, October 27 – Costumed attendees will live it up at Fanatical Change’s Halloween masquerade party at BBVA Compass Stadium in EaDo, home to the Houston Dynamo. The party will be filled with entertaining costumes, cocktails, hors-d’oeuvres, live music, multiple DJs, interactive photo booths, a silent auction filled with unique items and more. All proceeds will go to support HISD Homeless Students Program. Tickets start at $40. Save 40% off now with promocode 365VIP. 7pm.
- STEAMpunk Block Party at The Health Museum | Friday, October 27 – The Health Museum hosts a Steampunk Block Party featuring sounds by DJ FXBOXOLMOS, a cosplay contest, food trucks, art cars, a movie night, and interactive science experiments. $10. 9pm to midnight.
More Halloween 2017 Parties in Houston
- Halloweekend at White Lightning’s Haunted Saloon in Humble | Thursday through Saturday – Humble Texas dancehall with a Vegas twist is featuring three days of drink specials, finished off by the largest cash costume contest in Texas on Saturday night. The winner will go home with $5000. Cover varies. 8pm to 2am nightly.
- 7th Annual Midtown Spookfest | Friday, October 27; Saturday, October 28; and Halloween, Tuesday, October 31 – Bars in Midtown including 3rd Floor, Irish Cowboy, and Pub Fiction host a 3-day Spookfest featuring DJs, costume contests, cash prizes and more. Tickets are $10 per day. 3pm on Friday; 10:30am on Saturday; 3pm on Tuesday.
- Midnight Madness: The Rocky Horror Picture Show Movie Screening at River Oaks Theatre | Friday, October 27 and Saturday, October 28 – Dress up as Brad, Janet, Dr. Frankenfurter, or even Rocky while getting rowdy at this interactive midnight screening of The Rocky Horror Picture Show at River Oaks Theatre. Tickets are $11. Midnight each night.
- Monster Margarita Festival in Kingwood | Saturday, October 28 and Sunday , October 29 – The Monster Margarita Festival in Kingwood will feature a monstrous selection of margaritas, tequilas, craft beer, and wines. Enjoy over 20 food trucks, a costume contest, live music, rides, over 75 vendors, salsa dancing lessons and more. Tickets start at $10. Noon to 6pm each day.
- Something Wicked: The Asylum EDM Festival at Sam Houston Race Park | Saturday, October 28 and Sunday , October 29 – The two-day Something Wicked music festival will feature EDM acts such as Above and Beyond, Marshmello, Tiësto and more at Sam Houston Race Park. A twisted celebration of freaks from far and wide, this Hallow’s Eve bash features two days of dancing on the dark side. Single day tickets are $94.95; two-day general admission starts at $149.95, but limited discounted tickets are available for both options. 3pm to 10pm both days.
- Halloween Bar Crawl in Midtown & Downtown | Saturday, October 28 and Halloween, Tuesday, October 31 – Participating bars include The Dogwood, Little Woodrows, Christian’s Tailgate, Howl at the Moon, Capitol Bar, Mongoose versus Cobra, Sage County, Komodos Pub, and more to be announced. Tickets are $10 but you may find limited discounted tickets for $5. 5pm for both days.
Friday, October 27, 2017
- Creatures and Cocktails Night Hike at Nature Discovery Center – Join naturalist Eric Duran for a celebration of nocturnal nature over drinks at the Nature Discovery Center at this unique Halloween adventure for adults. Adult beverages and snacks will be provided. Tickets are $15 and pre-registration is required. 7pm.
- Halloween at Howl at the Moon – Have a ghoulish time at Howl at the Moon for their annual Halloween party, enter the costume contest for a chance at winning cash or prizes, and sip on special Halloween-themed drinks. Cover charge at the door. 7pm.
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show Movie Screening Party at Alamo Dratfhouse Mason Park – The anitici…pation is over as Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park hosts an interactive movie party for the ’70s cult musical, The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Get carried away and sing, quote and yell back at the screen for this Halloween weekend. Tickets are $12.99. 7pm to 9pm.
- Carnival Freak Show Halloween Bash at BBVA Compass Stadium – Costumed attendees will live it up at Fanatical Change’s Halloween masquerade party at BBVA Compass Stadium in EaDo, home to the Houston Dynamo. The party will be filled with entertaining costumes, cocktails, hors-d’oeuvres, live music, multiple DJs, interactive photo booths, a silent auction filled with unique items and more. All proceeds will go to support HISD Homeless Students Program. Tickets start at $40. Save 40% off now with promocode 365VIP. 7pm.
- Murder of Crows 5: Halloween Edition at Raven Tower | No Cover – Murder of Crows, a revolving line up of artists specifically fueled by Houston’s best up and coming talent, present a Halloween-themed show that will include live music, graffiti, canvas, body painting, sculpting, glass blowing, costumes and more at Raven Tower. 7pm.
- The Halloweening at Walter’s Downtown – Continue Walter’s growing Halloween tradition as some of Houston’s favorite local bands perform cover sets by bands like Devo, The Velvet Underground, New Order and more. Free admission with a costume. 7pm.
- Glow in the Dark Volleyball Tournament at Wakefield Crowbar – Get in the Halloween spirit as Wakefield Crowbar, a sports bar located in the Garden Oaks area, hosts their very first Glow in the Dark Volleyball Tournament. As black light surround the courts, you can even have a face and body painter to decorate you with glow in the dark paint. This event is free, but you must register. 8pm.
- Stranger Things Season 2 Premiere Party at Holler Brewing Co. – Dress up as Eleven, Mike or even Barb, and celebrate the Season 2 premiere of Stranger Things with beer, food, and merchandise at Holler Brewing Co. 8pm to 11pm.
- STEAMpunk Block Party at The Health Museum – The Health Museum hosts a Steampunk Block Party featuring sounds by DJ FXBOXOLMOS, a cosplay contest, food trucks, art cars, a movie night, and interactive science experiments. $10. 9pm to midnight.
- 2017 Mega Halloween Party at VRSI Houston – The VRSI nightclub in Midtown hosts an evening of nonstop Persian and International music, hookah, a photo booth, costumes and more. Cover charge at the door. 10pm.
- Halloween Party at Hotel ZaZa – Hotel ZaZa in the Museum District transforms into a Haunted Mansion for their Halloween Party featuring live DJs, specialty drinks, food and more. 10pm.
Saturday, October 28, 2017
- Halloween Party at Heights Bier Garten | No Cover – Enjoy a spooky night of live music by the Will Van Horn Trio and Dollie Barnes, a costume contest, a pumpkin carving contest, and a digital photo booth at Heights Bier Garten. 5pm to 8pm.
- 11th Annual Montrose Crawl | No Cover – Put on your Halloween costume and crawl to the bars and restaurants between Dunlavy and Montrose on Westheimer for the 11th Annual Montrose Crawl. 6pm.
- Remember You Will Die: A Memento Mori Art Show at Texas Art Asylum | No Cover –In the spirit of Halloween, the Texas Art Asylum hosts an art show that reminds you of mortality called Remember You Will Die. 6pm.
- White Oak Creep Street Party | No Cover – Join Karbach Brewing Co. and the establishments on White Oak Dr. for the second annual White Oak Creep Street Party in The Heights. Participating venues include Christian’s Tailgate, Little Woodrows, Ritual, Onion Creek, BB’s Cafe, Tacos A Go Go, and Public House Heights. 6pm to 10pm.
- Monster Show XI: Group Art Show at Insomnia Gallery | No Cover – Local artists get together to make Monster-themed artwork on paper for the 11th Annual Monster Show at Insomnia Gallery. The local brewery Eureka Heights Brewing Co will be whipping up a batch of their Blood Orange Sangria. 7pm to 11pm.
- Heights Fright Night Halloween Party | No Cover – Participating bars in The Heights including Johnny’s Gold Brick, Presidio, Lei Low, Southern Goods and more host the Heights Fright Night Halloween Party and bar crawl. Get a punch card, hit up all the locations, and get a prize. There will be free shuttles between bars all night. 7pm.
- Halloween Costume Contest at Pearl Bar – Get dressed up and head to the LGBT-friendly venue Pearl Bar to enter their Halloween costume contest for a chance to win $1,000. Cover charge at the door. 8pm.
- Spirits & Skeletons at Houston Museum of Natural Science – Dress up in costume, have a bite at a food truck, and enjoy a drink while your favorite hits are played by The Space Rockers at the annual Spirits & Skeletons Halloween party at the Houston Museum of Natural Science. Tickets are $50. 8pm.
- Stranger Things Party at Avant Garden Houston – Avant Garden in Montrose transforms into the small town of Hawkins and the Upside Down for this Stranger Things-themed party. Vibe out to ’80s dark synth music and enjoy themed drink specials, arcade games, a photo booth, a raffle, a character based costume contest, and of course, waffles. $15 in advance and $20 at the door. 8pm.
- Till Death Do Us Part: Halloween Masquerade at Rockefellers Houston – Enter into the haunted wedding-themed Halloween Masquerade, Till Death Do Us Part, and dress up like the spookiest bride and groom to enter the costume contest at Rockefellers Houston. Expect music, dancing, entertainment, heavy hors-d’oeuvers, and door prizes. Tickets are $75. 9pm.
- Leather & Laces presents: Vampires & Vixens Ball at Silver Street – Get ready to party at the Vampires & Vixens Ball, a Halloween-themed event that will feature their award-winning haunted house, a $5,000 costume contest, DJs, bands, celebrity guests and more at Silver Street. Tickets start at $135. 9pm.
- Haunted Hotel Halloween at Hotel Derek – Experience Hotel Derek like you’ve never seen it before, as a Haunted Hotel at this Halloween bash. Come dressed in your costume and jam out to top 40 music in multiple rooms of the Hotel including the patio and pool area. Tickets start at $40. Group rates and VIP are available. 9pm.
- Monster Ball: The Ultimate Halloween Costume Party at Fox Hollow – Party it up at this adult Halloween event featuring a $500 costume contest, tarot card readers, magicians, professional face painters, and a photo booth at Fox Hollow. Ladies get in free before 11pm. General admission starts at $20. 10pm.
- Discoween at The Continental Club – Put on your bell bottoms and do the hustle when The Disco Expressions hit the stage at The Continental Club for their Discoween party. Tickets are $15. 10pm.
Sunday, October 29, 2017
- Pumpkinator Vertical Tasting at Saint Arnold Brewing Co. | No Cover – Saint Arnold’s Brewery hosts a Pumkinator Vertical Tasting featuring special brews and a souvenir taster glass just in time for Halloween. Tickets are $20. 11am to 3pm.
- Halloweenies Game Time at Eureka Heights Brew Co. | No Cover – Tea & Victory hosts a special Halloween board game night at Eureka Heights Brew Co. Noon to 6pm.
- Poetry Lounge: A Masquerade Murder Mystery at Engine Room – The Poetry Lounge Houston brings local poets together for the Murder Mystery Masquerade Party hosted by Nikki Da Kidd at Engine Room. When someone ends up “dead”, see if you can figure out the mystery of who did it. Tickets are $20. 6pm to 10:30pm.
- Eastern European Halloween at Henke & Pillot – Dress up as your favorite Halloween, movie, or fairytale character from Eastern Europe at this themed Halloween Party at Henke & Pillot. Cover charge at the door. 6pm.
Monday, October 30, 2017
- Industrylife’s 6th Annual Halloween Party at Pistolero’s | No Cover – Industylife, a local society and culture website, hosts their 6th Annual Halloween Party at the tequila bar and restaurant Pistolero’s in Montrose. Expect music from DJs, $3 margaritas, $5 Espolon drinks, and giveaways. 8pm.
- Psycho Movie Screening at Axelrad | No Cover – Head to the Axelrad beer garden and watch an outdoor screening of the ’60s psychological horror film directed and produced by Alfred Hitchcock, Psycho. 8pm to 10pm.
- Mutha Effen Halloween Monday at Lincoln Bar | No Cover – This special Halloween edition of Mutha Effen Monday will feature 3 different dynamic Dj crews The Kracker nutzz, South Beat Music Team, and Dj Heck and Dj Nayzz. Lincoln Bar will also be hosting a dog costume contest and a $500 best costume contest. 10pm.
- Hallow’s Eve Industry Party at Revelry on Richmond – Dress up like your favorite dead celebrity at the 2nd Annual Hallow’s Eve Industry Party and take advantage of special industry prices on drinks at Revelry on Richmond. Other activities include a costume contest, a “Thriller” dance-off, and a balloon drop at midnight. Free to attend with RSVP. 11pm.
Halloween, Tuesday, October 31, 2017
- Boo, Brew & Bridges Walk | FREE– Join BCO and HTXO this Halloween for a 2-mile haunted walk followed by some brews at Under the Radar Brewery for those who make it back from the haunted Houston bridges. Go all out on your costume and make sure you wear comfortable shoes. 6pm.
- Trick or Trivia at Flying Saucer Sugar Land | No Cover – Dress up in costume and enjoy 2 rounds of Halloween-themed trivia for prizes at Flying Saucer in Sugar Land. 7:30pm to 11:30pm.
- Halloween Trivia & Costume Contest at Houston Flying Saucer | No Cover – Head to Houston Flying Saucer in Downtown for an all horror and Halloween-themed trivia, a costume contest with prizes, and drink specials all night long. 7:30pm.
- Spooky Standup at The Secret Group | No Cover – Hosted by Nick Meriwether, local comedians will perform costumed stand up in character at this Halloween-themed comedy show at The Secret Group. 8pm.
- Train to Busan Movie Screening & Halloween Costume Contest at Asia Society – Get dressed up to go to the Asia Society Texas Center in the Museum District for their Halloween Costume Contest. Following the contest will be a screening of the harrowing zombie horror-thriller, Train to Busan, a film recommended for ages 16 and up. Tickets are $5 for members and $10 for nonmembers. 8pm to 10:30pm.
- Halloween Night at Metropolis y Extravaganza – The Latin nightclub, Metropolis y Extravaganza transforms into a haunted warehouse, plays top 40, EDM, and Latin music, and hosts a Halloween costume contest where you can win $5,000. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- Midtown Horror Story Speakeasy at Sterling House – Dress as your favorite American Horror Story character and enjoy a night of music, karaoke, food, and quality cocktails at Midtown’s haunted Sterling House. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- Halloween at Numbers Nightclub – Dance the night away at the legendary Numbers Nightclub in Montrose for their Halloween party featuring a costume contest and over $1000 in cash prizes. Cover charge at the door. There will be a reduced cover before 10pm. 9pm.
- For the Recently Deceased: A Tim Burton Halloween Night at Bar Bleu – Celebrate the film director of all things twisted, Tim Burton, and dress up as your favorite characters from films like Edwards Scissorhands, Beetlejuice and other Burton classics at Bar Bleu. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- Clown Phobia Halloween Night at Aura Houston – The Aura Houston nightclub hosts a scary clown-themed Halloween party featuring dance music all night long from DJ Ebonix and Aggravated, bottle service, and more. Fashionable attire is required. Free with RSVP and $10 at the door. 10pm.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide and Daily Update emails to stay in the know about what’s happening in Houston. Click here to sign up.