Make the most of your week with our top 11 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, October 16 to Sunday, October 22, 2017.
Also Happening This Week
Also in October 2017
Top 11 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Toddler Tuesdays at Discovery Green | Tuesday, October 17 | FREE – Bring your toddler to Discovery Green park to enjoy a new storybook and activities each week. 10:30am to noon.
- Diwali & Bollywood Dancing at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Thursday, October 19 – Join The Woodlands Children’s Museum for a special Diwali-themed art project, Storybook Theatre, and Bollywood dancing. Included with general admission to the museum. 10:30pm.
- Magic by Jaime at Children’s Museum | Thursday, October 19 and Saturday, October 21 – Prepare to be amazed as the award-winning magician Jamie Salinas performs magic tricks at the Children’s Museum. Included with general admission to the museum. 6:30pm on Thursday and 2pm on Saturday.
- Zoo Boo at the Houston Zoo | Friday, October 20 to Sunday, October 22 – Zoo Boo is back. Bring your little pumpkins to the Zoo for photos in the pumpkin patch, trick-or-treating, costume parades and more. Included with general admission. 9am to 1pm on Friday and 9am to 4pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- Parachute Playtime at CityCentre | Friday, October 20 | FREE – Young children and toddlers are encouraged to learn and develop as they play movement games, participate in song and dance, and experience the 20-foot rainbow parachute at CityCentre. 10am to noon.
- Goosebumps Movie Screening at Memorial City | Friday, October 20 | FREE – Memorial City hosts a free family fright night movie series for the month of October. Bring the kiddos to watch Goosebumps on the Square. 7pm.
- 34th Annual Texian Market Days Festival at George Ranch Historical Ranch | Saturday, October 21 – Bring the whole family to enjoy hands-on activities, battle re-enactments, live entertainment, first-person costumed interpreters, historic home tours, games, cowboys, vintage vehicles, food, craft vendors and more. Tickets are $15 for adults; $13 for seniors; $10 for children ages 5 to 15. 9am to 5pm.
- ArBOOretum at the Houston Arboretum & Nature Center | Saturday, October 21 – The Houston Arboretum & Nature Center host their annual ArBOOretum Fall Festival that features trick or treating, a petting zoo, pumpkin decorating, face painting, food trucks and more. Admission Tickets are $13 in advance and $15 at the door. Free for members. 10am to 4pm.
- Pumpkin Patch at Nature Discovery Center | Saturday, October 21 and Sunday, October 22 | FREE – The Russ Pitman Park at the Nature Discovery Center transforms into a pumpkin patch wonderland where you can pick a pumpkin and snap adorable photos with the whole family. Other activities include a horse-drawn wagon ride, vendors, big attractions, plenty of festival games, and food trucks. 11am to 4pm both days.
- The Search for Lafitte’s Gold in La Porte | Saturday, October 21 | FREE – Scour the streets of La Porte for gold while enjoying live music, street entertainment, a pirate-themed costume contest, and food vendors during The Search for Lafitte’s Gold street festival at Five Points Plaza. 4pm to 9pm.
- Frankenweenie Movie Screening at Sugar Land Town Square | Saturday, October 21 | FREE – Get into the Halloween spirit and bring the family to Sugar Land Town Square for a screening of Frankenweenie. 7:15pm.
Be sure to subscribe to 365 Things to Do in Houston’s free daily emails and Weekend Guide emails and get a round-up of great things to do in Houston in your in-box every week.