Make the voyage into your Halloween weekend at a STEAMpunk Block Party or tasting event at The Health Museum on Friday evening, October 27, 2017.
The Health Museum has doubled down on its tongue-in-cheek salute to S.T.E.A.M (The acronym for the Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math academic curriculums) this Halloween.
Mashing the curriculums most aligned with modern health and science with the popular steampunk genre, the museum is set for a night of pre-Halloween celebrations (with an option for budgets high and low).
STEAMpunk Events on Friday, October 27, 2017
- Cheers to Your Health presents STEAMpunk: Technology of Wines, Tonics & Potions – Inside the museum, libation enthusiasts and epicures will sip and sample some of Houston’s tastiest concoctions at the Cheers to Your Health fundraiser. The evening promises to appeal to every palate by combining a daring and creative mix of science, technology, and culinary arts from local restaurants, eateries, and farmers markets. Expect wines, tonics, potions, and other concoctions from across the globe to go with each tasty bite. Starts at $175. 6pm to 9pm. Click here to order tickets.
- STEAMpunk Block Party – Everyone 21 and up is welcome at the afterparty. On the streets outside the museum, the STEAMpunk party will dominate the night, with tunes from DJ FXBOXOLMOS, a steampunk cosplay contests, food trucks, art cars, a horror movie night, interactive science experiments, and more. $10. 9pm to midnight. Click here to order tickets or for more information.
The term steampunk was first coined in 1987 by K.W. Jetter, the author of the novel Morlock Night. He used the term to describe a genre of speculative fiction in which steam. not electricity, drove technological advancements. Click here to learn more and find costume inspiration.
About The Health Museum
Celebrating its 21st anniversary, The Health Museum is Houston’s most interactive science learning center and a member institution of the world-renowned Texas Medical Center.
Visitors to the Museum can walk through a larger-than-life human body, take a mini science class, watch an organ dissection and check out both permanent and temporary exhibits that cover topics like health, medical science, and the human body.
The Health Museum is located in the heart of the city’s Museum District.
STEAMpunk Celebrations at The Health Museum
- Date: Friday, October 27, 2017
- Times: 6pm to 9pm (Cheers to Your Health fundraiser); 9pm to midnight (outdoor block party);
- Location: The Health Museum, 1515 Hermann Drive, Houston, TX 77004
- Parking: Surface lot parking is available at the museum for $5; $3 for members.
- Admission: Block party tickets are $10; Cheers to Your Health fundraiser tickets start at $175.
This article was sponsored by The Health Museum. Per our advertising and sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from organizations that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, event, resource or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Advertising revenue helps support 365 Things to Do in Houston, and our contributors, allowing us to expand our coverage of activities and events around the Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.