Enjoy art al fresco under the Houston skyline while enjoying bites, drinks, and live music at the 46th Bayou City Art Festival in Downtown this Saturday, October 14 to Sunday, October 15, 2017.
Now in its 46th year, the Bayou City Art Festival brings fine art from around the country to Downtown this weekend for a family-friendly, two-day outdoor fall festival which attracts more than 20,000 visitors each year.
Produced by the good folks at Art Colony Association, the outdoor festival will feature works from more than 300 artists on display and for sale under the iconic Houston skyline.
The artwork spans more than 19 different mediums and disciplines, including clay, glass, metal, leather, wood, mixed media, and photography.
Featured Artist at Bayou City Art Festival
The event this weekend will also showcase featured artist Tony Paraná, a local mixed media artist originally from Brazil.
A self-taught artist from Bahia, Brazil, Paraná works primarily in oil painting, mixed media, sculptures, and mosaics, capturing the rich colors, beautiful landscapes, eclectic music, and unique Afro-Brazilian traditions of his home state.
Many of these components are portrayed in Paraná’s work as he captures subject matter ranging from community life to local architecture, all having warmth and vibrant movement.
Entertainment for All Ages
In addition to the diverse artwork on display, attendees this weekend will enjoy live entertainment from zydeco, brass, country bands and more; kids activities like face painting, bubble blowing, and jugglers in the Creative Zone; tasty bites from popular Houston food trucks and food vendors, plus beer and wine at the festival Art Bar.
Festival-goers are also allowed to bring lawn chairs, blankets, sunscreen, mosquito spray, hats, sunglasses, and shades. Attendees are encouraged to wear loose-fitting clothing and comfortable shoes. No pets will be allowed on the festival grounds.
About Bayou City Art Festival & The Art Colony Association
Now in its 46th year, the Art Colony Association has raised more than $3.5 million for local nonprofit programs through its Fall festivals in Downtown and Spring festivals in Memorial Park.
The 7 nonprofit partners will receive proceeds from the festival. The festivals are funded in part by grants from the City of Houston, Houston Arts Alliance, corporate sponsorships, private contributions, in-kind support, and volunteer assistance.
46th Annual Bayou City Art Festival in Downtown
- Dates: Saturday, October 14 to Sunday, October 15, 2017
- Times: Saturday and Sunday 10am to 6pm
- Location: Houston City Hall, 901 Bagby St, Houston, TX 77002
- Parking: Official event parking is located at the 1100 Smith Garage. Free street parking and paid lot parking is available around the festival which surrounds City Hall, Hermann Square, Houston Public Library, Sam Houston Park, and adjacent streets. METRO is available for your transportation needs. Click here for more information on routes and schedules.
- Admission: Online tickets are $12 for ages 13 and older ($15 at the gate); $5 for ages 6 to 12; free for children 5 and under. Two-Day passes are on sale for $20 and Family passes (two adults and two children) are on sale for $30. Discounted tickets for Veterans and Seniors will be available at the gate. Donations are also being accepted online. Click here to purchase tickets online.
This post was sponsored by Art Colony Association. Per our advertising and sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from organizations that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, event, resource or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Advertising revenue helps support 365 Things to Do in Houston, and our contributors, allowing us to expand our coverage of activities and events around the Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.