Ignore all superstitions and go out to one of these Friday the 13th nightlife events happening around Houston on Friday, October 13, 2017.
It’s rare that a Friday the 13th falls in October, the spookiest month of all, so take advantage and party, have a drink, wear a costume, and maybe even get a tattoo.
Friday the 13th, October 13, 2017
- Scary Mewvie Night at El Gato Coffeehouse – See a black cat or two along with the adorable kitties of El Gato Coffeehouse, Houston’s cat cafe, and watch a scary movie of their choice. You must contact the venue to find out what movie they will be showing. The movie will be rated R. Tickets are $20 and $18 for students with a valid ID. 6pm.
- The Kill Kill Kill Show at Insomnia Gallery | No Cover – Get spooked this Friday the 13th at The Kill Kill Kill Show, an event that will feature art, vendors, live music, DJs, a costume contest and more at Insomnia Gallery. 7pm.
- Scream Movie Screening at Eureka Heights Brew Co. | No Cover – Watch the original ’90s horror film, Scream on a 20-foot jumbo screen while enjoying beer specials at Eureka Heights Brew Co. 7pm to 10pm.
- Friday the 13th on the Block at Violet Tiger Tattoo Parlor – Violet Tiger Tattoo Parlor hosts a Friday the 13th-themed block party featuring BBQ, a raffle to win a free tattoo, games, live music, and $20 Friday the 13th tattoos on Westheimer street in the Montrose area. Tickets are $5. 8pm.
- Friday the 13th Horror Party at Baker St. Pub & Grill | No Cover – Dress up in your scariest costume to enter the costume contest, enjoy as Karbach takes over the taps, and be sure to sip on their special Friday the 13th “Bloody Beer” at Baker St. Pub & Grill in The Woodlands. 8pm.
- Good vs. Evil Drag Show at South Beach – Get ready to be dazzled as 14 local drag queens split into 2 teams of “Good” and “Bad” and compete to win in this Halloween-themed show at the LGBT nightclub, South Beach. There will be no cover before 10:30pm. Cover charge after 10:30pm is TBA. 8pm.
- Byrd Law in Concert & Costume Party at Drink of Ages Pub | No Cover – Get into the Friday the 13th spirit by dressing up in costume and watch a performance from Americana band Byrd Law at Drink of Ages Pub. 8pm to 11pm.
- Friday the 13th Poker Tourney at Fox & Hound – Play in a special Friday the 13th-themed poker tournament for prizes and enjoy specials on drinks and food at Fox & Hound. Cover charge is TBA. 8pm to 11pm.
- The Montrose Horror Tales Party at Notsuoh – Celebrate the release of local author Mike James’ second book Montrose Horror Tales with musical guests Dead To The World, a DJ set by DJ MJ, comedy, and more at Notsuoh in Downtown. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- Monster Mash: 1960’s Halloween Dance Party at Big Top Lounge – Spend Friday the 13th dancing to the “Monster Mash” at this ’60s-themed at Shoeshine Charley’s Big Top Lounge. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- The Erotic Ball Friday the 13th at Bar Bleu – This one-night-only Erotic Ball on Friday the 13th will feature live music, DJs, erotic performers, exotic dancers, wild sideshows, and partake in playful interactive fun at Bar Bleu. Tickets range from $20 to $325, but limited discounted tickets may be available. 9pm.
- Friday the 13th Concert at Rudyard’s British Pub – Head to Rudyard’s British Pub in Montrose to see grindcore and death metal bands Cryptic Void, Insolvent and more. Tickets are $6 at the door. 10pm.
- Midnight Madness: Friday The 13th at River Oaks Theatre – Nothing more fitting than watching the Friday the 13th movie on the actual date. Watch as Jason intrudes on a sleepover of teenagers in the woods at the River Oaks Theatre. Tickets are $11. Midnight.