Make the most of your week with our top 10 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, October 9 to Sunday, October 15, 2017.
Also Happening This Week
Also in October 2017
Top 10 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Toddler Tuesdays at Discovery Green | Tuesday, October 10 | FREE – Bring your toddler to Discovery Green park to enjoy a new storybook and activities each week. 10:30am to noon.
- 39th Annual Houston Italian Festival | Thursday, October 12 to Sunday, October 15 – Bring the family to this four-day weekend celebration of Italian of food, culture, music, and dancing. Expect film screenings, kids’ cooking classes, Italian language classes, Carranza puppet shows, interactive sidewalk art created live by artist Carol Wells, pasta eating contests, grape stomps, and a bocce ball tournament. Admission is free all day on Thursday, October 12 and until 4pm on Friday, October 13. Tickets $6 in advance; $8 at the gate. Ages 11 and under are free. Times vary per day.
- Halloween Zoovie Night: Hocus Pocus Movie Screening at the Houston Zoo | Friday, October 13 – Dress in your best Halloween costume and visit the Houston Zoo for their spooktacular Zoovie Nights. For this event, let these three witches put a spell on you as the zoo screens Hocus Pocus. This event is included with general admission. 5pm to 7pm.
- Night Market at Asia Society Texas Center | Friday, October 13 | FREE – Asia Society Texas Center’s popular, family-friendly Night Market returns for a fall evening, filled with activities, exhibitions, food trucks, local vendors, live music and more. 6pm to 9pm.
- Houston Symphony: Hocus Pocus Pops at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Friday, October 13 – The Houston Symphony presents a mesmerizing performance of horrifying horns, bewitching bassoons, and chilling cellos at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in The Woodlands. Costumes are encouraged. Free to attend on the mezzanine and lawn; $20 for orchestra seats. 6pm.
- Monster, Inc. Movie Screening at Memorial City | Friday, October 13 | FREE – Bring the whole family to watch Pixar’s Monster, Inc. at Memorial City’s Square for their Family Friday Fright Night Movie Series. 7pm.
- 12 For 2 Second Saturday Workshop: All Hallow’s Eve at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Saturday, October 14 – Get 2 hours of a fast-paced, fun-packed Saturday morning experience for $12 at The Woodlands Children’s Museum. For this workshop, kids will explore a Celtic influence on Halloween festivities creating assorted art projects reflecting various art mediums. $12. 10am to 2pm.
- Frolic’s 3rd Birthday Party at Memorial City Mall | Saturday, October 14 | FREE – Celebrate Frolic the friendly green dragon at his birthday party at Frolic’s Castle, the indoor soft play area at Memorial City Mall. Take pictures and enjoy face painting, balloon artists, jugglers, arts & crafts, music, and tasty treats. Noon to 2pm.
- Family Day at CAMH | Saturday, October 14 | FREE – Peek at the art currently showing at the CAMH and make DIY kaleidoscopes, natural suncatchers and more. Moon Rooster will be serving stellar tacos, quesadillas, hot dogs, and Froeschl’s Ice Cream will be at the Museum with their delicious ice cream cart. 1pm to 4pm.
- Pool Noodle Monsters Workshop at Children’s Museum of Houston | Saturday, October 14 – Use feathers, googly eyes, and antennas to challenge your imagination to create the quirkiest creature of all out of a pool noodle at this workshop at the Children’s Museum of Houston. Included with general admission. 1pm to 4pm.
Be sure to subscribe to 365 Things to Do in Houston’s free daily emails and Weekend Guide emails and get a round-up of great things to do in Houston in your in-box every week.