At the end of each week, our Most Popular Event This Weekend weekly series showcase a single Houston event based upon its popularity in our calendar.
Greek out at the 51st annual edition of the four-day Original Greek Festival Houston at Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral in Montrose on Thursday, October 5 to Sunday, October 8, 2017.
Get yourself to Houston’s longest running Greek fest, the one started them all. You’ll find the grounds of the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral loaded with tents selling authentic Greek foods and pastries, Greek coffee, wine, and beer.
Live Greek music and Greek folk dancing keep the four-day party going. Visitors are also invited to tour the cathedral itself and view religious artifacts and icons on display.
Kids ages 12 and under get in free and can explore the Athenian playground, with inflatable playscapes and mechanical rides.
Choosing “The Most Popular Event This Weekend” in Houston
It’s simple. Our audience votes with their clicks and their eyeballs.
Each week we will be sharing what single event listing in our calendar has stood out from its competition and earned the most page views. That means the more unique views that individual calendar listing has received, the better its odds of making the cut.
Although 365 Houston advertisers are eligible to win the weekly title, they must earn it like any other event. Simply, the event listing in our calendar that’s had the highest number of views on Thursday gets the title. This is not a sponsored or paid placement.
Each week, the winner of the Most Popular Event This Weekend title will be determined based its calendar listing page view count by Thursday at noon.
51st Annual Original Greek Festival 2017
- Dates: Thursday, October 5 to Sunday, October 8, 2017
- Times: Thursday 5pm to 10pm; Friday 11am to 3pm (Free admission for all) then 5pm to 10pm; Saturday 11am to 10pm; Sunday noon to 6pm
- Location: Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral, 3511 Yoakum Boulevard, Houston, TX 77006
- Admission: Tickets are $5 at the gate; kids 12 and under are admitted free. Everyone is admitted free on Friday from 11am to 3pm. Click here for more information.
- Parking: No streetside parking is permitted in the neighborhood around the festival, and there is no organized parking this year. Attendees are encouraged to use public and ride-sharing transportation. Click here for more information.