Find everything from art, architecture, and landscaping to décor, lighting, and textiles at Theta Design Weekend‘s three-day home décor and interior design show, happening Friday, December 1 through Sunday, December 3, 2017.
Held in the heart of Downtown at the George R. Brown Convention Center, the three-day shopping extravaganza will play host to clever, design-inspired holiday revelers and shoppers.
Guests can enjoy a full weekend of events, including lectures, luncheons, design panels, walks, a Young Collector’s Party with margaritas, Mexican food and music, and a Preview Party celebration.
Now in its 65th year, Theta is taking the rare antiques from their Theta Charity Antiques Show and merging them with modernity in a new Design Weekend incarnation. The finished show will highlight top interior designers, architects, artists, and artisans from around the world.
Keeping with tradition, Theta Design Weekend funds will be obtained solely through the sale of tickets, underwriting, and advertising sales.
Donations, ticket sales, and advertising revenue from every year’s show goes to support designated beneficiaries.
Theta Design Weekend Event Schedule
Thursday, November 30, 2017
- VIP Champagne Reception – 6pm to 7pm
- Preview Party – 7pm
Friday, December 1, 2017
- Doors Open – 10am
- Designer Walk | Meg Lonergan – 10am
- Speaker Luncheon | Bobby Sue Smith Cohn with Mark D. Sikes – 11:30am to 1pm
- Designer Walk | Jennifer Barron – 1pm
- Design Panel | Meg Braff, Ronda Carman, Amanda Nisbett, Carleton Varney, and
Moderator Danielle Rollins – 2pm to 3:15pm
- Art Walk | Anne Lamkin Kinder | Tour of selected works led by art consultant Sarah Foltz – 4pm
- Doors Close – 6pm
Saturday, December 2, 2017
- Doors Open – 10am
- Art Walk | Anne Lamkin Kinder | Tour of selected works led by art consultant Sara Cain – 10am
- Speaker Luncheon | Bobby Sue Smith with The McALPINE Group (Bobby McAlpine, Susan Ferrier, Ray Booth, and David Baker) and Moderator Margot Shaw – 11:30am to 1pm
- Designer Walk | Amy Kummer – 1pm
- Design Panel | Bill Curtis and Russell Windham, Bailey McCarthy, Suzanne Longley, and Moderator Margot Shaw – 2pm to 3:15pm
- Designer Walk | Bill Stubbs – 4pm
- Doors Close – 6pm
Sunday, December 3, 2017
- Doors Open – 11am
- Mother/Daughter Brunch | Anton Disclafani – 11am
- Design Panel | Paloma Contreras, Lindsey Herod, Ben Johnston, Hallie Henley Sims, and Moderator Sarah Eilers – 1:30pm to 2:45pm
- Doors Close – 5pm
About Theta Design Weekend
In its former life as the Theta Charity Antiques Show, Theta Design Weekend has raised more than $7 million dollars since its inception donating hundreds of thousands of dollars annually to deserving Texas charities.
Funds raised from this year’s Theta Design Weekend will support Texas Children’s Cancer Center, Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens/Museum of Fine Arts Houston, Child Advocates, the Kappa Alpha Theta Foundation, Yellowstone Academy, The Jung Center, WorkFaith Connection, TIRR Foundation, Crime Stoppers of Houston, and River Oaks Chamber Orchestra.
The Weekend is run by more than 20 committee chairs and 200 volunteers of the Houston Kappa Alpha Theta alumnae chapter, all working with one another to bring the event together.
Theta Design Weekend at GRB Convention Center
- Dates: Friday, December 1 through Sunday, December 3, 2017
- Times: Thursday, November 30 VIP Champagne Reception from 6pm to 7pm and Preview Party at 7pm; Friday, December 1 and Saturday, December 2 from 10am to 6pm; Sunday, December 3 from 11am to 5pm.
- Location: 1001 Avenida De Las Americas, Houston, TX 77010
- Parking: Paid lot and street parking is available in the surrounding area
- Admission: Tickets for general admission 3-day passes are $20 in advance; $25 at the door, and includes complimentary admission to Design Panels (selected during checkout). Tickets for the Preview Party, Designer Walks, Speaker Luncheons, Art Walk, Mother/Daughter Brunch all vary in price. Click here for a complete schedule, list of ticket packages, and prices. Click here to apply to be an exhibitor. Click here to donate or sponsor the event.
This story was sponsored by Theta Design Weekend. Per our sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from businesses that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, resource, or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.