Make the most of your week with our top 10 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, October 2 to Sunday, October 8, 2017.
Also Happening This Week
Also in October 2017
Top 10 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Hansel and Gretel at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Monday, October 2 to Wednesday, October 4 | FREE – The famous fairytale from the Brothers Grimm, Hansel and Gretel, comes to operatic life in a 45-minute, family-friendly production at Miller Outdoor Theatre. 11am each day.
- Toddler Tuesdays at Discovery Green | Tuesday, October 3 | FREE – Bring your toddler to Discovery Green park to enjoy a new storybook and activities each week. 10:30am to noon.
- Mommy Mingle Wednesday at Children’s Museum | Wednesday, October 4 – Bring your little ones to the TotSpot in the Children’s Museum, and mingle with other mommies during Mommy Mingle Wednesdays. Dads, nannies, and caretakers are welcome, too. This event is included with general admission. 10am to noon.
- Galveston Appreciation Day at the Pleasure Pier | Thursday, October 5 – The Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier hosts Galveston Appreciation Day with deals on rides and the 31st Annual Sailing of the Harvest Moon Regatta at 2pm. $15.99 for all-day ride passes. 11am to 8pm.
- The Original Greek Festival at Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral | Thursday, October 5 to Sunday, October 8 – Learn about Greek culture at the 51st Annual Original Greek Festival at the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral in Montrose. This family-friendly event will feature the finest in Greek cuisine, kids activities, music and more. Tickets start at $5. Children under 12 get in free. Thursday 5pm to 10pm; Friday and Saturday 11am to 11pm; Sunday noon to 6pm.
- Labyrinth Quote Along Movie Screening at Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park | Thursday, October 5 – Sing and quote along to a special screening of the Jim Henson movie starring David Bowie, Labyrinth, at Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park. Tickets are $12.99. 7:30pm.
- Mad Hatter Tea Party at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Friday, October 6 – Enjoy high tea and decorate cookies with the Mad Hatter and the Queen of Hearts at The Woodlands Children’s Museum in a room filled with Alice in Wonderland’s whimsy. Activities include art projects, a photo booth, face painting and more. Included with general admission. 10am to 2pm.
- Garbage Island at the Rec Room | Saturday, October 7 – This new episode of Garbage Island features some of the same characters from the original show, along with brand new characters and Fall-themed fun. It will focus on the great outdoors, with a special videotaped segment on how to use and reuse. Each performance will culminate in a big kid dance party, with Garbage Man Joe and the cast. Tickets are $8 to $15. There will be a performance at both 10:30am and 1pm.
- KBR Kids Day at Guadalupe Plaza Park | Saturday, October 7 | No Cover – Buffalo Bayou Partnership hosts the 11th annual KBR Kids Day at Guadalupe Plaza Park. Activity stations will include numerous hands-on activities from over 20 Houston non-profit organization partners, pontoon boat tours, local entertainment and performers, Dia de los Muertos face painters, balloon artists, a rock climbing wall, the Sports Zone and more. 11am to 3pm.
- Open Studio: Build a Bundle at CAMH | Saturday, October 7 | FREE – Build a bundle of shapes and baubles made from modeling clay and bound with wire and string, inspired by the assembled ceramic sculptures in the exhibition Annabeth Rosen: Broken, Fired, Gathered, Heaped at the Contemporary Arts Museum, Houston. 2pm to 4pm.
Be sure to subscribe to 365 Things to Do in Houston’s free daily emails and Weekend Guide emails and get a round-up of great things to do in Houston in your in-box every week.