Be front and center for some of the most important games and sports events in Houston during October 2017.
Also in October 2017
Happening This Week
Sports around town have officially reached a fever pitch in October. While the Texans and Rockets embark on the start of their seasons, the Dynamo and Astros are edging into the playoffs looking for a new addition to their trophy rooms.
Away from the pro leagues, you’ll find a chance to cycle along a scenic route in the 4th Annual Park to Port Bike Ride or bring a set of earmuffs for the bone-rattling roars of Monster Jam.
Top 10 Games & Sports Events This Month: October 2017
- Houston Texans vs. Tennessee Titans at NRG Stadium | Sunday, October 1 – With a little hiccup to start the season, the Texans come home to start a busy month of games in October. First up is a chance to lift themselves over their division counterparts from Tennessee. Tickets for seats range from $49 to over $425, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale marketplace. Noon.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Cruz Azul at BBVA Compass Stadium | Thursday, October 5 – Last month, the Dynamo quickly opened the doors of their stadium in the wake of Harvey, offering to accept and manage the massive quantities of donations from all around the country. As their ninth annual Charities Cup kicks off, they hope to give even more with proceeds headed for the Harvey Relief Fund. Show up early that night to catch Univision Deportes All-Stars taking on a Dynamo Legends team made up of some of the biggest names to wear the orange. Tickets start at $30. The Legends game is slated for 7pm; the Cruz Azul friendly game starts at 8pm.
- Park to Port Bike Ride at Bill Coats Bridge in Hermann Park | Saturday, October 7 – The fourth annual edition of this 20-mile round-trip bike ride takes cyclists along the Bayou Greenway to the Port of Houston and back. While at the Port, enjoy a turnaround party with snacks, drinks, and music before heading back to Hermann Park for another celebration under the Bill Coats Bridge. The ride is open to all skill levels, 10-years and older. Registration is $35 through Thursday, October 5th. The ride rolls out at 7am.
- Stephen F. Austin University Lumberjacks vs. Sam Houston State Bearkats at NRG Stadium | Saturday, October 7 – Touted as the oldest college football rivalry, the 92nd Battle of the Piney Woods comes to NRG Stadium. Tickets range from $15 to $43, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale marketplace. 1pm.
- Houston Texans vs. Kansas City Chiefs at NRG Stadium | Sunday, October 8 – The Chiefs, coming off high-flying victories over the Patriots and Eagles to start the season, offer a tough test for a Texans team trying to figure it out. Tickets to get you in the gates start at $55, but you may find cheaper, better, or hard-to-find tickets on TicketNetwork’s resale market. 7:30pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. San Antonio Spurs at Toyota Center | Friday, October 13 – After a long offseason that brought Chris Paul to Houston, the Rockets wrap up their preseason schedule with a home finale against their rivals to the west. Tickets range from as low as $10 to over $250, but you may find cheaper or better seats TicketNetwork’s online market. 7pm.
- University of Houston Cougars vs. Memphis Tigers Football at TDECU Stadium | Thursday, October 19 – With top billing on ESPN, this primetime matchup sees the Cougars play host to conference counterparts, Memphis, who are also off to a strong start this year. Tickets range from $20 to $40, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale website. 7pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Dallas Mavericks at Toyota Center | Saturday, October 21 – The NBA season is back. After a west coast start to the season, the Rockets open their home schedule against rivals to the north. Watch the new Rockets with James Harden, Chris Paul, and Clint Capela leading an exciting offense versus the Mavs. Tickets for seats are going from $36 to over $500, but you might find cheaper, better, or hard-to-find seats on TicketNetwork’s online marketplace. 7pm.
- Monster Jam at NRG Stadium | Saturday, October 21 – The famed Grave Digger headlines an ensemble of behemoth trucks that are guaranteed to jolt your ear drums. For just $10, you can find yourself inside NRG Stadium for one of the most exciting events of the year. Tickets range from $10 to $130, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetworks resale market. 7pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Chicago Fire at BBVA Compass Stadium | Sunday, October 22 – It’s the final game of the season and the Dynamo will be clawing for a playoff position amid tightly packed conference standings. German World Cup Champion, Bastian Schweinsteiger, highlights a Chicago team that promises to bring excitement to BBVA’s home finale. Tickets range from $25 to over $100, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale market. 3pm.
Be sure to subscribe to our free daily updates and weekend guide emails and receive our picks for great things to do in Houston in your inbox daily or once a week.
Click here to sign up.