Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, September 27 to Sunday, October 1, 2017.
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
- The Great Taproom Challenge at 8th Wonder Brewery | Wednesday to Saturday – Sip on craft beer from 8th Wonder Brewery and they’ll donate $1 from each beer to Harvey relief.
- Karbachtoberfest at Karbach Brewing Co. | Friday and Saturday | No Cover – Celebrate Karbachtoberfest with festivities, a German-inspired menu, beer, live performances from Ishi, Wrestlers, Us, and The Tontons. The event begins at noon and music begins at 6pm.
Wednesday, September 27, 2017
- The Office Trivia Night at Under the Radar | No Cover – From Micheal Scott to Dwight and from Pam to Jim, test your knowledge of the beloved comedy show, The Office at Under the Radar Brewery. 6pm to 10pm.
- Nina Diaz in Concert at The Continental Club – See the Girl in a Coma frontwoman, Nina Diaz, as she hits the stage at The Continental Club with openers Thee Commons. Tickets are $12. 7pm.
- Ms. Lauryn Hill & Nas in Concert at Smart Financial Centre – Grammy Award-winning powerhouse Ms. Lauryn Hill and anthemic rap superstar Nas co-headline a tour together and stop by the Smart Financial Centre in Sugar Land. Chronixx and Nick Grant open the show. Tickets start at $41.50. 7pm.
- Yoga on the Patio with Republic Yoga at Revolver Houston – Take a yoga class with Republic Yoga and receive one free pint of beer afterward at Revolver Houston. All class donations and 50% of all shirt sales will go to benefit Mayor Sylvester Turner’s Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund. This event is free, but you must RSVP. 7pm.
- Adam Bricks in Concert at Raven Tower | No Cover – Catch a free outdoor performance of the local singer-songwriter, Adam Bricks at Raven Tower. 7:30pm.
- Karaoke Night at The Secret Group | No Cover – Sing to your heart’s content at this weekly Karaoke Night at The Secret Group in EaDo. 10pm.
Thursday, September 28, 2017
- Happy Hour Thursdays at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston | No Cover – Bring your friends to a museum-style happy hour and enjoy the exhibitions, bites from food trucks, and specialty cocktails at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. 5pm to 8pm.
- AMA Houston Networking Trivia Night at Houstonia Magazine – Join AMA Houston and bring plenty of business cards for a trivia and networking night at Houstonia Magazine. Light bites and beverage will be provided by Houstonia and prizes will be given out for winning teams. You must RSVP for this event. 5:30pm to 7:30pm.
- Opening Reception: Crystals of Inevidence at Sicardi Gallery | FREE – See 13 new works by the artist Gabriel de la Mora during this opening reception of his exhibition, Crystals of Inevidence at Sicardi Gallery. 6pm to 8pm.
- Texas Oktoberfest at Good Dog in Montrose | No Cover – Celebrate everything German when Good Dog in Montrose hosts Alamo Beer, Legal Draft Beer Co, Saint Arnold Brewing Company, and Southern Star Brewing Company to compete for who has the best brew. Wear your lederhosen, bring your own stein, and enjoy some German-inspired food specials. 6pm to 9pm.
- Girls Night Out: Red Dress Event at Revolver Houston – Head to Revolver Houston for their monthly Girls Night Out featuring a pop-up market and tunes from DJ Gracie Chavez. Expect drink specials on margaritas and sangria, music, vendors and more. You must register for this event. 7pm to 11pm.
- Will & Grace Watch Party at Guava Lamp | No Cover – Head to the LGBT-friendly nightclub Guava Lamp to see a screening of the highly anticipated television return of Will & Grace. Expect trivia games, raffles, prizes, drink specials, and even a few guests dressed as the characters from the show. 8pm to 10pm.
- Trapped Out Thursdays at Satellite Bar | No Cover – Listen to DJs play trap music and take advantage of drink specials at Satellite Bar in the East End. 10pm.
Friday, September 29, 2017
- Romp Around with Romper Rye at Holler Brewing Co. | No Cover – Wear your favorite stylish romper as summer comes to an end and enjoy $4 pints of the Romper Rye all night long at Holler Brewing Co. There will also be a romper fashion show and a special few will be named romper King and Queen. 4pm to 10pm.
- Hell Or High Water Night Market at East End Street Market | No Cover – East End Street Market presents their monthly night market featuring local music, artisan small business vendors, food, and complimentary adult beverages. 6pm to 10pm.
- Love Yo’Self: A Showcase at Avant Garden – Head to Avant Garden in Montrose to check out local musicians and DJs perform at this showcase. Proceeds from this event will contribute to Hurricane Harvey relief efforts. Tickets are $10. 7pm.
- Miears & Mark Drew in Concert at 8th Wonder Brewery | No Cover – Electro-pop musician and singer Miears performs with special guest, rapper Mark Drew at 8th Wonder Brewery. 8pm to 11pm.
- The Flaming Lips in Concert at Revention Music Center – Get ready for confetti as the wildly entertaining rock band, The Flaming Lips hit the stage at Revention Music Center with opener Mac DeMarco. Tickets start at $40. 8pm.
- Shakin’ All Over: ’60s Dance Party at Big Top Lounge – Shoeshine Charley’s Big Top Lounge on Mid Main hosts a night of ’60s surf, garage, soul, drinks, and dancing. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- Flaming Lips After Party at Satellite Bar – Brothers Griiin, the drum duo who plays with The Flaming Lips, will be DJing at this after party at Satellite Bar in the East End. Tickets are $8.50 in advance and $10 at the door. Midnight.
Saturday, September 30, 2017
- 1st Anniversary Celebration at Platypus Brewing | No Cover – The Platypus Brewery celebrates their 1 year anniversary with a special new beer release, live music, food, and fun for the whole family. Noon to 2am.
- Tamale & Salsa Pop Up at Axelrad | No Cover – Have a tasty tamale while jamming out to live music as The Hot Damn Tamale Factory sets up at Axelrad. 5pm to 2am.
- Brazilian Independence Day Celebration at Capitol Bar – Head to Capitol Bar for the 2nd Annual Brazilian Independence Day Celebration and enjoy authentic Brazilian cuisine, musical performances, children’s activities, and educational opportunities. Tickets start at $10. 5pm to 10:30pm.
- Screaming Like Goku Event at King’s BierHaus | No Cover – Achieve “Super Saiyan” by screaming as loud and hard as you can amongst other Dragon Ball Z fans at King’s BierHaus in the Heights. Enjoy food, beer, an arm wrestling contest, costumes and more. 6pm to 9pm.
- Young the Giant in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – See the California rock band, Young the Giant with openers Cold War Kids and Joywave at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets start at $32. 7pm.
- Don’t Wine, Just Drink It: Fall 2017 at Houston Museum of African American Culture – Bring a wine bottle of the specific varietal, vineyard, region, etc. that is selected by the hosts and then drink freely from any of them while socializing at the Houston Museum of African American Culture. Bring a bottle of wine from this list to get in. 8pm.
- RuPaul’s Drag Race Trixie Mattel & Thorgy Thor at South Beach – Sashay into the LGBT-friendly nightclub, South Beach, and experience a performance from 2 of RuPaul’s Drag Race quirkiest queens, Trixie Mattel and Thorgy Thor. Cover charge at the door. Doors at 9pm; show begins around 11pm.
- Stranger Things ’80s Party at Marquee Moon Lounge | No Cover – Wear your best ’80s clothes and experience the “upside down” at this ’80s Stranger Things-themed party at Marquee Moon Lounge. 9pm.
- The Late Show at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar – Step into the Roaring ’20s, when skirts were short and booze was a secret pleasure. The Moonlight Dolls and special guests perform classic and tasteful stripteases, plus vocalists, dancers, and aerialists showcasing their signature acts. Tickets are $40, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $24. Click here for more information. 11:30pm.
Sunday, October 1, 2017
- Erick Morillo at Clé Houston – DJ and producer Erick Morillo spins music at Clé Houston nightclub and lounge in Midtown. Fashionable poolside attire is required. Tickets are $20. 2pm to 8pm.
- A Night for Houston’s Community: Harvey Relief at Avant Garden | No Cover – Space Montrose, a store that specializes in selling locally made items, hosts an art market where 100% of the proceeds will go to Hurricane Harvey victims. Expect live music, art, food, and drinks. 3pm to 11pm.
- Miami Vice Sunday Funday at Henke & Pillot Houston | No Cover – Spend your Sunday Funday having drinks and brunch as DJ Johnny Mac spins Miami style beats at Henke & Pillot Houston. 3pm.
- Father John Misty in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – See the singer-songwriter Father John Misty perform his pop-infused folk songs off of his latest record Pure Comedy at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets are $35. 6pm.
- Songwriter Sundays at Dean’s Downtown | No Cover – Spend your Sunday relaxing and listening to music by local singer-songwriters Ashten White and Chris Lively at Dean’s Downtown. 9pm.