Embark on a self-guided tour of eight impressive modern homes at the 7th annual Modern Architecture + Design Society (MA+DS) Houston Modern Home Tour on Saturday, September 23, 2017.
In addition to showcasing the work of local architects, this year’s event will be used as a fundraiser for Harvey relief programs at the local level. Houstonians have two options for donating, while MA+DS members around the globe have the opportunity to also donate.
The Home Tour
During the self-guided event, tour-goers will get the inside scoop from homeowners on what it’s like to live in a modern home, and learn from the architects, builders and designers, where they found inspiration.
Eight homes around Houston will be featured in the tour. Click here to see the homes.
- A West U. home designed by studioMET
- Another studioMET home located in the Energy Corridor
- “The Hammer Residence,” another home in West U., designed by m + a architecture studio
- The recently renovated Stratulate Residence, newly transformed by Charles Todd Helton Architect
- An Oak Forest home designed by Origin Architects, built by Frankel Building Group, with staging by the Paragon Design Center
- A new modern home designed by Intexure Architects located in the heart of the Museum District
- An Afton Oaks home designed by refuGe Design Studio
- A home in Briargrove designed and built by On Point Custom Homes
Supporting Harvey Relief & Lawndale Art Center
Houston is a long-running cornerstone event for MA+DS, and has a personal connection for the organization’s founder James Leasure. In the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, he and the tour organizers refocused the event to help support relief programs for Houstonians in need.
“I was fortunate to be a resident of Houston for over four years. In that time, I grew close to friends and neighbors that remain an integral part of my life to this day,” said Leasure.
“Having spoken to them many, many times over the past two weeks, it was an easy decision to go ahead with our annual event, while at the same time directing our reach and influence to benefit what will be months, if not years, of recovery efforts.”
All proceeds from VIP ticket sales will go to support local Harvey relief efforts. A portion of general ticket sales will go to support Lawndale Art Center, whose staff is assisting at the event.
About Modern Architecture + Design Society
Based in Austin, Texas, the Modern Architecture + Design Society (MA+DS) was founded was founded by James Leasure in 2010 as Modern Home Tours. Its purpose is to introduce modern architecture and living to people across the nation.
Through fun and informative self-guided home tours in dozens of cities across the USA and Canada, the group invites people into some of the most exciting examples of modern architecture and design in North America.
The MA+DS 2017 Houston Modern Home Tour
- Date: Saturday, September 23, 2017
- Time: 11am to 5pm
- Locations: Multiple homes around Houston. Click here for a full list.
- Admission: Tour-only tickets are $40. Two VIP-level tickets are available for $75 that include an after-party mixer. Ages 9 and under are free when accompanying their parents. Click here to order tickets or for more information.
This post was sponsored by The Modern Architecture + Design Society. Per our advertising and sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from organizations that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, event, resource or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Advertising revenue helps support 365 Things to Do in Houston, and our contributors, allowing us to expand our coverage of activities and events around the Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.