In our Where to Happy Hour series, we search Houston’s vast array of neighborhoods for the very best libations.
Escape the hustle and bustle of city life with a quick trip to Houston’s breezy bayside region, hugging the coastline from Seabrook to San Leon, and then some. Not only does it offer waterfront views and a laid-back vibe, it also rocks some pretty stellar happy hour options.
Note: For the purposes of this list, the Bay Area covers neighborhoods including Baybrook, Dickinson, El Lago, Kemah, League City, Nassau Bay, San Leon, and Seabrook.
Where to Happy Hour in the Bay Area
- Cabo Bar and Grill – This Seabrook bar and grill offers a waterfront experience and specials every day. On Mondays, check out the beer pong tourney (8pm) while you eat 50-cent wings and $2 drafts and wells; Tuesdays offer $3 tacos and Fireballs; Wednesdays are for Geeks Who Drink Trivia and $5 Cabo burgers; Thursdays bring Steak Night and $4 Crowns, Absolutes or 20-ounce Coors; and Fridays bring $2 domestics and wells until 9pm. On weekends, get things like $4 Jägerbomb and tacos on the patio (Saturday) and $2 PBR tall boys and $3 bloodys and mimosas (Sunday). Daily specials. Click here for directions.
- Marais – Over in Dickinson, Marais is a bayou-front oasis with an incredible ambiance spread over an elevated “treehouse” terrace, waterfront deck, and beer garden. Hit the swing-seat-adorned Benson’s Bar or the Plank Bar for specials like Tuesday’s Girl’s Night Out, featuring reduced pricing on cocktails, wine, and gourmet cheese boards; and look out for specials like Pint Night in addition to happy hour deals like $3-off appetizers, $4 craft drafts, and $5 wines by the glass. Daily specials; Tuesday through Friday 4pm to 7pm. Click here for directions.
- Noah’s Ark Bar & Grill – Happy hour runs 10 hours long four days a week at this tiki hut covered bar and grill. Get $2.25 oyster shooters, $3 well drinks, $2.25 Schnapps shots, and $2.75 hot apple pie shots. And be sure to check out daily specials, like Monday’s chef’s special, Tuesday’s chicken-fried steak dinner, and Friday’s $12.95 shrimp dinners. Monday through Thursday 9am to 7pm. Click here for directions.
- Skallywag Suds N’ Grub – Weekday happy hour at this Kemah watering hole means $3 longnecks, $4 Fireballs, $5 premium wells, and $4 wines by the glass; while daily specials include fun stuff like half-price wings on Mondays, $10 burger and brew pairings on Tuesdays, and $3 Humpday tacos. Monday through Friday noon to 7pm. Click here for directions.
- T-Bone Tom’s – Chill out in Tom’s backyard and fill up on Southern and coastal eats at this laid-back Kemah hangout. Happy hour offerings include $2.49 Vegas shrimp cocktail and fried pickles, $5.99 shrimp or fish tacos, $1-off ‘ritas and $1 domestics, $6 pitchers and $3 half-pitchers; plus daily specials like Monday’s 49-cent wings and Wednesday’s $3 big beers. Monday through Friday 5pm to 6:30pm. Click here for directions.
- Tuscany Bistro – Hit this League City bistro for 20% off appetizers, 10% off bottle wines, and $1-off bottle beers and glass wines. Be sure to check out the dine-in daily evening specials from 5pm to close, offering things like two free children’s meals (12 and under) with a paid adult dinner entrée on Mondays; a complimentary glass of house wine with purchase of dinner entrée on Tuesdays; and 50% off select bottles of wine on Wednesdays. Sunday also offers $12 bottomless mimosas all day. Monday through Friday 3pm to 7pm; All day Saturday. Click here for directions.
- Other great options – Check out Boondoggles for specials like steak night and Tomahawk pork chop night; catch live music alongside cold beer and fish tacos at Outriggers Seafood Grill & Bar; smash burgers alongside $2.99 margaritas from 8pm to close at Dickinson burger joint TJ Reeds; watch boats on the bay and enjoy happy hour bites like crab dip, stuffed jalapeños, and peel-and-eat shrimp at Flying Dutchman Restaurant & Oyster Bar; and sip happy hour drinks alongside daily specials like Monday’s 50-cent wings at the Seabrook Sam’s Boat.