Make the most of your week with our top 12 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, September 11 to Sunday, September 17, 2017.
Also in September 2017
We’ve got a long road to recovery, but you can make the most of it by taking advantage of events that benefit Harvey victims, root, root, rooting for the home team, dining out for Houston Restaurant Weeks and more happening this week in Houston.
Top 12 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Houston Restaurant Weeks at Participating Restaurants Around Houston | Daily – Houston Restaurant Weeks has been extended to raise much-needed funds for the Houston Food Bank due to Hurricane and Tropical Storm Harvey. Dine out for a good cause all month as part of this annual city-wide fundraiser. Restaurants will be offering prix fixe menus for brunch, lunch, and dinner.
- Hurricane Harvey Relief and Recovery Events Around Houston | Daily – Help fellow Houstonians by donating money, clothing, and food at various fundraisers and concerts benefiting Hurricane Harvey relief. Times, prices, and locations vary.
- The Great Taproom Challenge at 8th Wonder Brewery | Daily – Sip on craft beer from 8th Wonder Brewery and they’ll donate $1 from each beer to Harvey relief. Monday to Saturday 11am to 10pm; Sunday 11am to 6pm.
- Future Islands in Concert at White Oak Music Hall | Tuesday, September 12 – Hear Baltimore-based synth-pop band Future Islands perform live at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets start at $22. 7pm.
- Japanese Breakfast at Walter’s Downtown | Thursday, September 14 – Japanese Breakfast headlines this show at Walter’s Downtown with openers Mannequin Pussy and The Spirit of the Beehive. Tickets start at $12. 8pm.
- Fiestas Patrias Events Around Houston | Thursday, September 14 to Saturday, September 16 – Celebrate Mexico’s independence from Spain at Mexican Fiestas Patrias parades, festivals, and concerts around Houston. Times, locations, and prices vary.
- Pearland International Festival at Pearland Town Center | Friday, September 15 and Saturday, September 16 – Soak up two days of international culture through food, activities, shopping, and entertainment at the annual Pearland International Festival. Tickets start at $10. Friday 5pm to 10pm; Saturday 11am to 10pm.
- Next to Normal at Chelsea Market Theatre | Friday, September 15 and Saturday, September 16 – Take your seat for a showing of Next to Normal, a musical about a woman battling bipolar disorder, at Chelsea Market Theatre. $20. Friday 8pm; Saturday 3pm and 8pm.
- Houston Astros vs. Seattle Mariners at Minute Maid Park | Friday, September 15 to Sunday, September 17 – Get loud for the Astros when they take the field to play the Mariners in a three game series at Minute Maid Park. Tickets start at $15, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. Friday 7:10pm; Saturday 6:10pm; Sunday 1:10pm.
- Texas Taco Music Fest at Discovery Green | Saturday, September 16 – Stuff your face with tacos and watch the ceremony of the Voladores de Papantla while the music of wandering mariachis and live bands fills the air. There’s fun for the kids too, with arts and crafts, and a piñata. $12; limited discounted $6 tickets available. Noon to 9pm.
- Index Fest at Post HTX | Saturday, September 16 – Sample beers from craft breweries across the country while you jam to live music, chow down on grub from food trucks, and check out art at Index Fest. Tickets start at $25. 4pm to 11pm.
- University of Houston Cougars vs. Rice University Owls at TDECU Stadium | Saturday, September 16 – College football is back and the Rice and UH teams will duke it out on the field to see who will come out on top. This will be both teams’ first game in Houston. Tickets are $30, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 7pm.
You can also search our interactive event calendar by date, location, and category.