Make the most of your week with our top 10 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, September 11 to Sunday, September 17, 2017.
Top 10 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Toddler Tuesdays at Discovery Green | Tuesday, Wednesday, 12 | FREE – Bring your toddler to Discovery Green park to enjoy a new storybook and activities each week. 10:30am to noon.
- Nature Story Time at Nature Discovery Center | Wednesday, September 13 | No Cover – Bring the family to enjoy an interactive story time about animals and nature at Nature Discovery Center. This event is free to attend. Call in advance if you have a group of more than 6 children. 4pm to 4:30pm.
- Bingo with Cats at El Gato Coffeehouse | Thursday, September 14 – Get to know all the adoptable kitties while playing cat-themed bingo at El Gato Coffeehouse Cat Cafe. This event is for kids ages 5 to 17, as well as adults. 5pm to 7pm.
- Ballet Folklórico Las Américas at Children’s Museum of Houston | Thursday, September 14 – Enjoy a vibrant cultural performance from Ballet Folklórico Las Américas, a show filled with colorful costumes and lively music at the Children’s Museum of Houston. Included with general admission to the museum. 6:30pm.
- Prelude Sing-A-Long Family Concert at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Friday, September 15 – Join in a Prelude Family interactive musical experience with a sing-a-long concert at The Woodlands Children’s Museum. General admission is $6. 11:30am.
- Pearland International Festival at Pearland Town Center | Friday, September 15 and Saturday, September 16 – Now in its fifth year, this annual international fest offers a new line-up of events, including an intimate Friday evening concert followed by a full day of international food, vendor booths, and plenty of family activities and entertainment on Saturday. Two-day tickets are available for $20; or Friday night access is $15 and Saturday access is $10, with $5 tickets for children 12 and under, military and seniors 65 and older. Friday 5pm to 10pm and Saturday 11am to 10pm.
- Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2 Movie Screening at Memorial City | Friday, September 15 | FREE – Bring the whole family for an outdoor screening of Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2 and complimentary popcorn on The Square at Memorial City Mall. This movie is rated PG-13. 8pm to 10pm.
- 49th Annual Houston Fiestas Patrias Parade in Downtown | Saturday, September 16 | FREE – Celebrate the Mexican Independence Day, Fiestas Patrias, with dance performances, live music and more at this colorful parade through the streets of Downtown. 10am to noon.
- Disney’s Beauty and the Beast Movie Screening at Sugar Land Town Square | Saturday, September 16 | FREE – Bring the kids to see an outdoor screening of the Disney’s 2017 live action film Beauty and the Beast at Sugar Land Town Square. 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Ice Cream Social Sunday at Market Square Park | Sunday, September 17 | FREE – Spend your Sunday outdoors at this family friendly bike ride and get ice cream, raspas, and other delicious sweets around Houston. This ride will be at a social pace and will be 10 miles long with 2 stops. Noon.
Be sure to subscribe to 365 Things to Do in Houston’s free daily emails and Weekend Guide emails and get a round-up of great things to do in Houston in your in-box every week.