Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, September 13 to Sunday, September 17, 2017.
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
- The Great Taproom Challenge at 8th Wonder Brewery | Daily – Sip on craft beer from 8th Wonder Brewery and they’ll donate $1 from each beer to Harvey relief.
- A Week of Love at Axelrad | Daily | No Cover – Jam out to performances from local acts while benefitting flood victims of Hurricane Harvey at the Axelrad beer garden. 100% of the proceeds will go to GHCF Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund, Friends for Life, the Cajun Army, BakerRipley, Open House Houston, and others in need via the Youcaring Campaign. Wednesday through Friday at 6pm; Saturday and Sunday at 2pm.
Wednesday, September 13, 2017
- RuPaul’s Drag Race: War on the Catwalk at House of Blues – The show is jam-packed with incredible performances, shining a spotlight on this season’s bald, bold, and brainy winner, Sasha Velour. Finalist Trinity Taylor hosts the show, serving on-point pageant realness. Contenders Shea Coulee, Farrah Moan, Alexis Michelle, and Aja round out the bill for this Houston stop. Tickets are $41, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $20. 7pm.
- Parks and Rec Trivia Night at Under the Radar | No Cover – Have a blast answering questions about Leslie Knope and the rest of the crew in Pawnee at this Parks and Rec Trivia Night at Under the Radar Brewery. There will also be a Parks and Rec-themed costume contest. Free to sign up and play. 7pm to 10pm.
- Tei Shi in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Catch electronic pop singer and musician, Tei Shi at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets range from $15 to $19. 7pm to 10pm.
- Karaoke Night at The Secret Group | No Cover – Sing to your heart’s content at this weekly Karaoke Night at The Secret Group in EaDo. 10pm.
- The Don’t Panic Appreciation Party at Lilly & Bloom | No Cover – Celebrate the release of rapper Yves Saints’ Don’t Panic with drink specials, and $30 Champagne bottles, and DJ Rican McGusty at Lilly & Bloom. 10pm.
Thursday, September 14, 2017
- Happy Hour for Hunger at Karbach Brewing Co – In recognition of Hunger Action Month, Karbach Brewing Co. has teamed up with the Houston Food Bank to host the Karbach Happy Hour for Hunger. Tickets are $20 and include 3 drinks and a souvenir pint glass. $10 of each admission benefits the Houston Food Bank and f.r.e.s.h. Young Professionals. 5pm to 10pm.
- GiGi’s Brew Ha Ha at White Oak Music Hall – This night of comedy, live music, BBQ, craft beer and more benefits GiGi’s Playhouse Houston, a Down Syndrome Achievement Center. Tickets are $100. 6:30pm to 10:30pm.
- Texas Networking Event at Clé Houston – Network and socialize with entrepreneurs, business owners and professionals in the Texas area while sipping on cocktails poolside at Clé Houston Lounge in Midtown. Tickets range from $12 to $50. 7pm to 10pm.
- Couples Therapy Comedy Retreat at Houston Improv – Hosted by Houston Improv club favorite Alan Adams, this romantic comedy show will find Adams delivering his views on relationships with quick-fire wit, stone face delivery, and sarcastically venomous punch-lines. Tickets range from $15 to $25, but you can score 2-for-1 tickets with promocode Couples365. 7:30pm.
- Japanese Breakfast in Concert at Walter’s Downtown – Catch indie rock band, Japanese Breakfast, play songs off their new record Soft Sounds from Another Planet with openers Mannequin Pussy and The Spirit of the Beehive at Walter’s Downtown. Tickets start at $12. 8pm.
- A Night in Havana at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar – This party is a spectacular night of live music, stunning dance and aerial performances, infused with the sultry air of Old Havana. Experience dancing the cha cha cha, boleros, mambo, salsa, and pachanga to the seductive rhythm of D’Cuba, an 11-piece authentic Cuban band. Tickets are $10 but you may find limited discounted tickets for $6. 9pm.
- Throwback Thursday at The Flat | No Cover – Join DJ AD for throwback hip-hop hits and enjoy drink specials on cocktails at The Flat. 10pm.
Friday, September 15, 2017
- ’90s Trivia Night at Saint Arnold Brewing Company | No Cover – Put on your acid wash jeans, tie your flannels around your waist, and bring your clique for a night of nostalgic ’90s trivia, beer, and food at the Saint Arnold Brewery. 5pm to 10pm.
- Martini Madness at Houston Center for Contemporary Craft – This cocktail fundraiser, celebrates the best of mid-century style and benefits Houston Center for Contemporary Craft. Party with a Manhattan twist as guests are encouraged to participate in the theme by donning their best Big Apple attire to win a prize in the costume contest. Tickets are $125 for members and $150 for nonmembers. Late night tickets, for entry after 9pm, are $50. 7pm to 10pm.
- #HoustonStrong Art Show & Fundraiser at Rockstar Gallery | No Cover – In response to the artists impacted by Hurricane Harvey’s devastation, RockStar Gallery invites Houstonians to a disaster relief art show and fundraiser, featuring cocktails and light bites. The #HoustonStrong Art Show will feature artwork for sale by artists from Houston and surrounding areas, with proceeds benefiting artists affected by the storm. 7pm to 10pm.
- FrontRunners Harvey Recovery Benefit at Guava Lamp | No Cover – FrontRunners Houston, an LGBTQ running club, hosts a Harvey Recovery Benefit where you can donate items and money while sipping on $5 martinis. Donations and other revenue raised will be split and donated to the Montrose Center’s LGBTQ Hurricane Harvey Disaster Relief Fund and Mayor Turner’s Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund. 7pm to 10pm.
- Hank & Cupcakes in Concert at Satellite Bar – Feel the high energy of pop duo, Hank & Cupcakes, with opener WellWell at Satellite Bar. Tickets are $10 for ages 21 and under and free for 21 and up. 8pm.
- Paulina Rubio in Concert at Arena Theatre – Legendary Mexican actress, model, and singer Paulina Rubio performs hits like “Yo No Soy Esa Mujer” and “Me Voy” at this Mexican Independence Day weekend concert at the Arena Theatre. Tickets range from $45 to $100. 8:30pm.
Saturday, September 16, 2017
- Index Fest Houston at Post HTX – Formerly known as Untapped Festival, Index Fest brings a stellar celebration of beer, music, food, and art to Post HTX in Downtown. In addition to a live music lineup, this event will feature an impressive list of more than 75 craft breweries from Houston, the state of Texas and beyond. Tickets start at $25. 4pm to 11pm.
- Houston Singles Mixer at Fuego’s Saloon – Mingle with other singles while enjoying a night of food, drinks, trivia, and games at Fuego’s Saloon. Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 at the door. 7pm to 10pm.
- All Good Things Come: Kyle Hubbard Album Release Show at The Secret Group – Local rapper Kyle Hubbard hosts a release show for his new album All Good Things Come with special guest openers Jody Seabody & The Whirls and Big Piph at The Secret Group. Tickets are $10 and 100% of the ticket sales will go to the Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund. 8pm.
- Houston Cosplay Dance Party at Numbers Nightclub – Get dressed up and head to the 2nd Annual Houston Cosplay Dance Party at Numbers Nightclub. Enter the cosplay costume contest to win cash prizes and dance to a mix of EDM, ’80s, ’90s, anime and more. Tickets are $12 in advance and $15 at the door. 9pm.
- RuPaul’s Drag Race Derrick Barry at South Beach – See a performance from the Britney Spears impersonator and drag queen Derrick Barry at the LGBT-friendly nightclub, South Beach. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- The New Beat with DJ Rice Cube & DJ Xcess at Etro Lounge – Etro Lounge hosts their New Beat event with guest DJs Rice Cube and Excess spinning industrial, ’80s, synthpop and more. Cover charge at the door. 10pm.
- The Late Show at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar – Step into the Roaring ’20s, when skirts were short and booze was a secret pleasure. The Moonlight Dolls and special guests perform classic and tasteful stripteases, plus vocalists, dancers, and aerialists showcasing their signature acts. Tickets are $40, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $24. Click here for more information. 11:30pm.
Sunday, September 17, 2017
- Last Splash: Cut Snake & Jonas Blue at Clé Houston – Put on your fashionable poolside attire and spend your Sunday afternoon enjoying drinks and jamming out to beats by Cut Snake, Jonas Blue, and DJ Riddler at Clé Houston in Midtown. Tickets are $15. 2pm to 8pm.
- Halfway to Paddy’s Day at Drink of Ages Pub | No Cover – Mark your calendar to Halfway to Paddy’s Day with performances punk rock bands The Dead Rabbits, Goodnight Gallows, and All Gonna Die at Drink of Ages Pub. 3pm to 10pm.
- 8th Wonder Comedy Hour at The Secret Group – 8th Wonder Brewery hosts a Comedy Hour featuring local stand up comedians and 8th Wonder beer at The Secret Group. Tickets are $8 and includes a beer and an exclusive signature branded pint, or $5 for just the show. 6pm.
- Songwriter Sundays at Dean’s Downtown | No Cover – Spend your Sunday relaxing and listening to music by local singer songwriters, Kristal Cherelle and Nick Gaitan at Dean’s Downtown. 9pm.