Aid families affected by Harvey or receive help yourself during the Houston Furniture Bank’s Post-Harvey Relief Efforts on Tuesdays through Saturdays from 8am to 3pm, while supplies last.
As hundreds of thousands in the Greater Houston region prepare to begin the arduous work of recovering and rebuilding their lives after the devastation left by Hurricane Harvey, the Houston Furniture Bank is preparing to answer the call of an estimated 25,000 to 100,000 impacted families.
That means many will need the most basic of furniture to start rebuilding. During this time of recovery for families, friends, and neighbors, Houston Furniture Bank is answering this critical need for the most basic of home furnishings to make their empty houses homes again.
To help as many families as possible as quickly as possible, the non-profit is suspending their normal agency-referral process and providing furniture to all who need it, while supplies last.
How to Receive Furniture from Houston Furniture Bank
- Visit Houston Furniture Bank’s facility at 8220 Mosley Rd, Houston, TX 77075.
- Furniture distribution will take place Tuesday to Saturdays from 8am to 3pm.
- There is a limit of three pieces of furniture per family, to help ensure that as many families are aided as possible with the current inventory.
- You must have a valid picture I.D.
- All furniture recipients are responsible for collecting and transporting furniture received.
How You Can Help
- Give Money – Businesses, corporations, and individuals are asked to support the dire need to provide home furnishings to area residents by making a monetary donation to the Houston Furniture Bank. Click here to make a donation.
- Give Furniture – Houston Furniture Bank accepts donations of gently-used, dry furniture. The most immediate needs for many families will be mattresses, tables, and chairs. The more furniture available, the more families Houston Furniture Bank is able to assist. Please call ahead before making a drop-off donation, at 713-842-9771.
- Give Time – As the Houston Furniture Bank furniture distribution activities increase in the immediate future, there is also a critical need for additional volunteers to take calls, coordinate furniture donations, help with furniture distribution, help move furniture in the warehouse, as well as other duties. If interested in volunteering call 713-842-9771 or email [email protected].
- Support Efforts by Purchasing Furniture – The Houston Furniture Bank Outlet Center Is also open for business. New, gently-used and deeply discounted furniture is available for purchase now. All proceeds go to the Houston Furniture Bank services and programs. The Outlet Center is open at 8220 Mosley Rd, Houston, TX 77075 from Tuesday to Saturday, 10am to 4pm.
About Houston Furniture Bank
Houston Furniture Bank is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to Making Empty Houses Homes.
First established in 1992, Houston Furniture Bank has served over 80,000 families and individuals in the Greater Houston region.
Recipients of Houston Furniture Bank services are referred to the Houston Furniture Bank by more than 85 social service agencies in the Greater Houston area.
Houston Furniture Bank’s Post-Harvey Relief Efforts
- Dates: Tuesdays to Saturdays, while supplies last
- Times: Furniture distribution on Tuesday to Saturdays from 8am to 3pm
- Location: 8220 Mosley Rd, Houston, TX 77075
- Parking: Free lot and street parking is availabe in the surrounding area
- Donate: Click here to make a monetary donation. Call ahead before making a drop-off donation, at 713-842-9771.